Notices

High WHP! Turbo and Fuel Question!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High WHP! Turbo and Fuel Question!!

Hello all, its me again with my crazy questions.

1st off i'd like to thank everyone who has given me great avice in the past!

Now for the questions.

1. I was talked out of the 42R because i heard it would take to much effort to spool and it was over compensation for goal. So i have a new choice, but i would like all your input.
My goal is 720WHP. Will this turbo be siffice:

A 66mm borg warner. Ran on a T3 divided and using a .85a/r T3 turbine housing with a S366 on it. Also if possible a Light weight billet wheel for faster spool. Anyone know if its possible??

2. Im going to do a Dual Bosch 044 fuel system, but after reading a Tony t1 thread on the new bosch 1000CC injecotrs i became confused. In the begining tony stated that they should be run In-line (one after the other, on the same line) so that pressure would be outstanding. But towards the end of the thread he reccomends they be ran Parrallel (side by side, on different lines with Y fittings. because the pumps are powerful enough to create the ideal pressure. But i also read that when 2 pumps are run in-line the pumps will be create backpressure, because one pump will be trying to keep up with the other. That this will happen because no 2 pumps flow the same exact flow rate.

3. Also after reading the Tony t1 thread on the new saturated injectors, i became confused again, do you guys know if the New Bosch injectors will be good for 720WHP>>??

Or should i just stick with some 1200CC injectors on a driver?

Thanks in advance. Looking foward to your answers!
Old 01-29-2009, 11:51 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: High WHP! Turbo and Fuel Question!!

Originally Posted by LS-VTEC-TURBO-EF9
Hello all, its me again with my crazy questions.

1st off i'd like to thank everyone who has given me great avice in the past!

Now for the questions.

1. I was talked out of the 42R because i heard it would take to much effort to spool and it was over compensation for goal. So i have a new choice, but i would like all your input.
My goal is 720WHP. Will this turbo be siffice:

A 66mm borg warner. Ran on a T3 divided and using a .85a/r T3 turbine housing with a S366 on it. Also if possible a Light weight billet wheel for faster spool. Anyone know if its possible??

Thanks in advance. Looking foward to your answers!
720whp should never worry about "spool". It will get to that power, when it will get to that power. (you're a small displacement engine, deal with it). So the Billet wheel is not needed, and repair costs are expensive to replace if there is a problem.

If you use the S366 T3, the .70A/R is actually the larger exhaust housing since it has a larger volute and can fit the larger turbine wheel. The .85A/R, uses a strange, unique 6 bolt flange. Don't let the A/R number fool you.

Check out the other thread in regards to the S366 I have posted..
https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/looking-borg-warner-turbos-run-sc61-now-2486803/