High Horsepower H-series thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (extralargenog)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by extralargenog &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Saenz straight cut forged gearset, All new bearings... OBX LSD Tilton FCV and Competition Twin disk in a M2Y4 case...

The Saenz set is THE ****!!!!!! Sounds like sex, and pulls SO HARD with the shorter cloe ratio box!!! May be for sale soon as I may be shifting towards a new project and parting this one out.

Modified by extralargenog at 1:12 PM 7/8/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>

So did this set finally solve your tranny breaking problems?
Old 07-08-2008, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (Bird333)

Yup....
Old 07-09-2008, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How is this set made? I.e. what makes it so much stronger than the other sets you have tried?
Old 07-09-2008, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by extralargenog &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yup....
</TD></TR></TABLE>

so... whats the word... is this from the new gearset or was it something else?
Old 07-09-2008, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Bird333)

Its all forged.(Including the new shafts). Also, all gears are straight cut. Its loud, but sounds like sex
Old 07-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: High Horsepower H-series thread (md23vtec)

Anyone heard anything from Oaks Racing? I found a recent dyno posted on youtube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=W75XxugnH7I

Oaks Racing Prelude recent modifications

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/466209/17

Awesome!
Old 07-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well I dont have anything to contribute to the thread yet, but I love hearing people making it with the H's. I love H's and have done a ton of them, just never a big hp boost motor. hopefully i'll get inspiration from here!

...and also to touch on the redline discussion, I have basicly a stock h22 that i used to tune a lot on the street, experiment with different setups, etc. I take my h22 regularly to at least 8500, sometimes 9000. Making power up there is definitly possible, but its all in the tune. Its a delicate dance around the timing numbers. I had one tune in crome pro that pulled to 9500 without a problem. It was really lean, but amazingly timed. Later, the chip died and i never saved it. Now, i have power falling off after 8200 and it pisses me off. I spent every drive to work for months tuning here and there. Its amazing what different combinations make power where!
Old 07-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by extralargenog &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Its all forged.(Including the new shafts). Also, all gears are straight cut. Its loud, but sounds like sex</TD></TR></TABLE>

so u broke third? are they worth it.....
Old 07-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (streetracer6rpt)

YEs. I finally figured out what was breaking all my trannys, and its pretty rudimentary... I dont want to discuss it here but lets just say a LSD in a tranny is imperitive to eliminating HEAVY big HP H trannys breaking. The transfer of tq instantaneously from one wheel to the other, hooking as hard as my car does was shockihng the gearset and loading the entire trans up all funky. I tried different gears (OEM), Trannys, NEW parts (OEM) Tilton FCV, then the straightcut set... (which peeled a couple of teeth off)... Bought the Updated third gearset (You could TELL it wasnt as strong as the rest, rtemember I got a prototype... 1 of four they built according to SAenz themselves. There was an Issue that Lance hong I think found at 800WHP that broke third... Hence they have an updated one that I bought....Having four people in my car at 600+WHP and beatiung it the way I do with OPEN OEM diffs seems to be the issue.

I say this as I got ahold of a CRACKED M2B4 LSD tranny weldedthe case, then JB welded it, replaced the 2nd syncroset with one out of a previously blown up boxes cluster ( I do have alot of good parts, just NO fourths... LOL). Replaced some bent shift fork action, changed out the fifth gear syncro ring, and I have beat the [freak] out of it (Having the tires at 15 PSI running 20+ PSI since I put it in, and have beaten and beaten it to death and the tranny is STILL in one piece after two months and COUNTLESS rapage.

SO now I have the full Saenz forged straightcut gearset and shaft with an OBX LSD, some other custom titanium (thanks to my cousin) internal **** , and a Tilton FCV.

Im SURE it will be cool now... It pulls soooo much harder with the shorter straight cut box and sounds sooo sexy I cant wait to put it back in the car...

Motors out right now though. 1-2-3-2 @8500 FTL. Broke the Oilpump gear, so Im pulling it apart to check the rods and ****. Motor saw about 11,500. Heads fine, PIstons are cool, Cylinders look VERY good for 9000 miles of constant abuse (Ive been told I beat my car harder than anyone most of my friends know)....

Im concerned about the bearings... Bottom end is coming apart tomorrow night SO I can have a look see at the Rods, bearings, rod bolts and crank. FIx whatevers [freak]ed up, slap some new rings in it, get her a good hone and slap the bitch back togethe.

Be ready for BOTI... Probably 3-4 weeks Im thinking... EVERYTHING else is alll goood, **** its got 10 gallons of Trick 114 in it right now...

LOL.

I had JUST filled up
Old 07-13-2008, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

MD23vtec,

What transmission are you using and have you made any upgrades to your tranny? I saw down MIR kicking a whole lot backsides with your prelude.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:42 AM

Default Re: (kamAccord)

does anyone have stoopidfast homepage? Tried looking for it on google couldn't find it.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Greatness)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Greatness &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">does anyone have stoopidfast homepage? Tried looking for it on google couldn't find it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Jason sold his shop about a year ago, so stoopid-fast.com is no longer in existance

he can be found at http://www.fastlaneincorporated.com
Old 07-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by extralargenog &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">YEs. I finally figured out what was breaking all my trannys, and its pretty rudimentary... I dont want to discuss it here but lets just say a LSD in a tranny is imperitive to eliminating HEAVY big HP H trannys breaking. The transfer of tq instantaneously from one wheel to the other, hooking as hard as my car does was shockihng the gearset and loading the entire trans up all funky. I tried different gears (OEM), Trannys, NEW parts (OEM) Tilton FCV, then the straightcut set... (which peeled a couple of teeth off)... Bought the Updated third gearset (You could TELL it wasnt as strong as the rest, rtemember I got a prototype... 1 of four they built according to SAenz themselves. There was an Issue that Lance hong I think found at 800WHP that broke third... Hence they have an updated one that I bought....Having four people in my car at 600+WHP and beatiung it the way I do with OPEN OEM diffs seems to be the issue.

I say this as I got ahold of a CRACKED M2B4 LSD tranny weldedthe case, then JB welded it, replaced the 2nd syncroset with one out of a previously blown up boxes cluster ( I do have alot of good parts, just NO fourths... LOL). Replaced some bent shift fork action, changed out the fifth gear syncro ring, and I have beat the [freak] out of it (Having the tires at 15 PSI running 20+ PSI since I put it in, and have beaten and beaten it to death and the tranny is STILL in one piece after two months and COUNTLESS rapage.

SO now I have the full Saenz forged straightcut gearset and shaft with an OBX LSD, some other custom titanium (thanks to my cousin) internal **** , and a Tilton FCV.

Im SURE it will be cool now... It pulls soooo much harder with the shorter straight cut box and sounds sooo sexy I cant wait to put it back in the car...

Motors out right now though. 1-2-3-2 @8500 FTL. Broke the Oilpump gear, so Im pulling it apart to check the rods and ****. Motor saw about 11,500. Heads fine, PIstons are cool, Cylinders look VERY good for 9000 miles of constant abuse (Ive been told I beat my car harder than anyone most of my friends know)....

Im concerned about the bearings... Bottom end is coming apart tomorrow night SO I can have a look see at the Rods, bearings, rod bolts and crank. FIx whatevers [freak]ed up, slap some new rings in it, get her a good hone and slap the bitch back togethe.

Be ready for BOTI... Probably 3-4 weeks Im thinking... EVERYTHING else is alll goood, **** its got 10 gallons of Trick 114 in it right now...

LOL.

I had JUST filled up </TD></TR></TABLE>

Didn't widebody break an h lsd trans? yup
Old 07-17-2008, 06:33 AM

Default Re: (Mykizism)

Iat thanks
Old 07-17-2008, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Blind-Fashion)

Widebody doesnt have a tilton FCV.... nor a twin disk... we discussed this. I STLL have the smallest pill in the FCV as well (Never changed it).

Probably whats keeping the ring gear in one piece in mine (which is what he broke). The shock loading the ring gear in addition to his total lack of cognative ability is probably what did it to his...

His hadnt been taken apart and muddled with like mine either (Being mine is the bastard child of three trannys worth of thrown together **** left ovwer from broken trannys in the past - incuding the cracked case we welded up)... Funny thing is I STLL have a shitload of GOOD OEM Honda tranny parts for H series **** laying around.... From cases to gearsets to final drives...

Aand Im sure theres no difference of opinion my car hooks up better, in addition to its heavier AND makes more power....
Old 07-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kamAccord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kamAccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anyone heard anything from Oaks Racing? I found a recent dyno posted on youtube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=W75XxugnH7I
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Steve sr and Jr had terrible luck. Blew the trans on the first pass shifting to 2nd. Which hey is no big deal.... but then more badd news the motor ran into some problems. They are just fed up right now and said there done for the season which sucks ***. I was looking forward to seeing some great #'s on the track from them. Hopefully They can get it back together. I have some extra parts laying around I offered to help get them back on the strip. So for right there the car is out of commission again

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by streetracer6rpt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

so u broke third? are they worth it.....</TD></TR></TABLE>
IMO saenz box WILL NOT work with your setup you guys are doing for your prelude. The gearing is waaaaayyy to short. Say your on a 25in slick( biggest allowed in Turbostreet/SFWD) you will only be doing 126 in 4th. then going to a 1 to 1 5th gen the car is going to falls on its face then as soon as it start to pick up again the race is already over. ( provided you want to even spin your car to 9500) and being able to make power that high and the extra strain on the motor doesn't help either.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kamAccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">MD23vtec,

What transmission are you using and have you made any upgrades to your tranny? I saw down MIR kicking a whole lot backsides with your prelude.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Which race at mir? Nopi when I lost to Ballard's cobalt in eliminations? Or BOTI when I lost before the finals to the yo parts integra? I was using two different transmission's between the two races. The best luck I have had is with my stock H23 with a quaife. (mid 10's best of 1.61 60ft ) Stock H23 trans open diff (11.03 1.6x 60fts)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by extralargenog &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Widebody doesn't have a tilton FCV.... nor a twin disk... we discussed this. I STLL have the smallest pill in the FCV as well (Never changed it).

</TD></TR></TABLE>
How do you like the tilton FCV? I was looking into this
Old 07-17-2008, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (md23vtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by md23vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> but then more badd news the motor ran into some problems. </TD></TR></TABLE>

oil pump?
Old 07-17-2008, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (h22 civic)

Sorry guys we have not been posting on here lately. We have made some great changes with the Fast XFI ecu and Garrett turbo -the tune is close to perfect with the addition of the Egt module we recently added. We could have pushed over the 900 whp mark , but figured we would hold off and tune more at the track. That dyno pull went about 4 seconds too long the car went 180 mph. Here is just an example of this year. We built a great motor and did the 872 dyno pull. Did a compression check the next day to find out that cylinder#1 went lean. Pulled the head to find the piston was shot - so we pulled the engine apart replaced the piston had the machine shop rehone the block - added new rings and bearings and head gasket. With a great O2 reading in our exhaust we still went lean on cylinder #1. After adding the egt module which measure the temp of each exhaust runner we found that #1 needed 15% more fuel which is due to the design of our intake - so be aware if you run boost in the high 30's this could be a problem. The first pass at the track our re-occuring problem happened again - this problem has kept us from racing for 2-3 years now. Our flywheel bolts and crank bolt vibrate loose after about 1/2 pass down the track which destroys the crank and flywheel. This was even after extensive balancing of the rotating assembly. We had planned on running a stock damper this year which we feel has been our problem all along, but I let the aftermarket manfuacturer talk me into running their latest version of their SFI damper. I really regret not sticking with the stock damper. Im not mentioning the company because Im not into bad mouthing companies. We also need to replace the syncros after only 1/2 a pass.We have been so close to really having a good time for a long time now. It gets to the point of how long can you hang in there spending money chasing your dream when you could spend that money doing other things. We have another crank and just need to get the assembly balanced again with bearings, rings and headgasket. We should get a new sleeved block too because we have 2 small cracks in the deck where the tear drop openings are. We just need to pull some more money together and do it one more time. We are definately trying guys - just need deeper pockets.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (OaksRacing)

Don't give up just yet Steve! I still have a few things to share that might help get the ball rolling again and keep the ball rolling for a while .
Old 07-18-2008, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by md23vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

IMO saenz box WILL NOT work with your setup you guys are doing for your prelude. The gearing is waaaaayyy to short. Say your on a 25in slick( biggest allowed in Turbostreet/SFWD) you will only be doing 126 in 4th. then going to a 1 to 1 5th gen the car is going to falls on its face then as soon as it start to pick up again the race is already over. ( provided you want to even spin your car to 9500) and being able to make power that high and the extra strain on the motor doesn't help either.

How do you like the tilton FCV? I was looking into this</TD></TR></TABLE>

The saenz set is indeed short... really short (well, 1st is longer than the stock OEM 1st gear....3.0 vs. 3.3 or whatever) 4th tops out at 121MPH at 8500 for me (M&H 235/60-15s---26"). Shifting into fifth, my pile sure as hell doesnt fall on its face and im sure my car weighs more.... They did offer two different fifth gear ratios as well. Ive talked to Gabriel at Saenz in Argentina... They offer all the pieces, but not a complete set that im aware....

Once im over this car, ill be selling mine. Has all new syncros, bearings, BRAND NEW LSD, NO issues (has some custom Titanium **** my cousin made for me too in it). **** I have ALOT of good H series tranny parts... Anyone need anything here let me know via PM.

However I dont know about yours, but mine shifts 5th EFFORTLESSLY... Making it Not such a big deal to have to go itno fourth... I have to shift it early enough its not a big deal.... Would i like to be able to go through in 4? YEs, but.... Its JUST fine.

As for falling on its face, not sure wyhat you have going on there, mine sure doesnt... On 26" tires. It doesnt fall out of boost or anything (but i keep the pedal to the wood the entire time).

I had an overrev situation a few weeks ago right before I went on vacation, 3-2 at 8700 (limiter)... powershifting, i couldnt catch it and let the clutch all the way out. Short story long:

saw about 11,800 rpms.... Broke the pump gear into 8-10 pieces... pulled the motor apart expecting the worst (as I drove it about 10 miles after that before realizing what happened). Man, that Royal purple **** is incredible... Pistons, crank, cylinders look MINT. main bearings look reallllly good to (especially considering).... rod bearings were a little beat but not REALLY bad... Turbo wasnt quite as lucky, shaft got hot... But it was rebuilt.... Just need (want) to check the rods and bolts before I slap the bitch back together. 1st time the 3-2 hasd ever happened to me... What a shitty deal, cant figure out HOW it can go into 2nd from third at that RPM range.... any ideas?

Ive been beating the CRAP out of a M2B4 tranny for 3 months without managing to break it. COnsidering I was fragging OPEN diff OEM trannys once every week or two, its pretty unbelievable. I contribute it to the LSD not allowing funky shock to go through the box shifting from one wheel to the other. I know ALOT of people have issues keeping the ring gears in those trannys in one piece... I REALLY think its the TILTON FCV helping controll the shock sfrom the twin from breaking the ring gear. I have the smallest pill in it, and Im sure it helps. you can really feel it work on the 3-4 shift.......

Old 07-18-2008, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by extralargenog &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The saenz set is indeed short... really short (well, 1st is longer than the stock OEM 1st gear....3.0 vs. 3.3 or whatever) 4th tops out at 121MPH at 8500 for me (M&H 235/60-15s---26"). Shifting into fifth, my pile sure as hell doesnt fall on its face and im sure my car weighs more.... They did offer two different fifth gear ratios as well. Ive talked to Gabriel at Saenz in Argentina... They offer all the pieces, but not a complete set that im aware....
</TD></TR></TABLE>

F.Y.I being on the track and street are two separate things. You have no accurate data to base things off of. I did you the wrong choice of words it indeed doesn't just flat out fall on it's face but the car does not keep pulling the same once you shift into 5th. Shifting to 5th is more time lost in the 1/4 in the extra shift so that's a negative right there. I am sure my 25's aren't to far off your 235's in over all roll out in 4th esp with tire growth of a slick vs radial. My car is not a light hatch it's a 2840 prelude so it's not too light. IMO the lighter car would recover faster anyways. The difference in the 1.00 5th and the 1.05 5th is minimal at best. I didn't say there were problems shifting the Box either. IMO the sanze straight cut gearbox could work pretty good with a custom FD in a boosted application.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ummm I dont know what the hell your talking about... I know a little about the track there guy...This isnt my first clam bake... And although I purpose built the car for street racing... It runs just dandy down the track... and has seen the track enough to where I know what its capable of. In addition to giving me a solid basis to speak from rather than just regurgitating numbers ive found off the internet (not accusing you of it)

But....... My cars heavier than yours dude...

2950 without me in it... Its not a hatch, or a civic for that matter... Accurate data??? Evidently you have NO IDEA what i have going on.... My car pulls JUST as hard in fifth as well, so still... I dont believe your statement accurate ( at least not in MY experience). Yes i agree it sucks to have to shift fifth to get through the traps, but if thats what Ineed to do to keep from having to pull trannys every [freak]ing week, its fine by me. Never said you had an issue shifting fifth... Merely stated that its effortless (or maybe my data is inaccurate there too??? )

Also, the M & Hs are NOT radials. They are 26.1 inch Circ., so... MORE circumference than your 25s.... Not to mention I run them low, so they have a tendency to baloon out just like a slick.

Car makes 630-40WHP @ 26 PSI.... PT6176SP. Turbo spools MEAN AND NASTY. Maybe the difference is that youre using the 67mm snail??? I dont know... The transient responce of the PT61 is awesome especially for a journal bearing turbo (displacement doesnt hurt)... ESPECIALLY with the short gears in the car. Its a noticable difference. You dont need datalogs to tell you everything.....

Modified by extralargenog at 10:55 AM 7/18/2008
Old 07-18-2008, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok slow down there turbo... I have this box I have tested this transmission at the track with the same data results. The statement I said about weight of the car was letting you know I do not have a hatch or something light nothing more nothing less. I never said my car was heavier then your accord... Have you physically measured the roll out of your tire? And don't say 26inches. Have you tracked this car or not? How did it preform on this trans? I don't care what you say or think but hooking at the track and spinning on the street are two separate things. If you *think* that's actuate data then fine.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay ... turbo... (thats cute)

Im not getting into a pissing match with you dude, i give three ***** if you THINK im right or wrong...

The tire is 26". Period. Why dont you give John at M and H a shout if you want "real data" The fact is that 26" circ vs 25" circ... guess which tires gonna have more rollout.

Oh BTW... car hooks sweet on the street... Wish you lived closer... Like to show you the *** end of my four door walking it out on it. Car hooks good on the street (Im willing to bet ALOT better than youd ever think). AVCR FTW, well that Johns traction bar setup and alot of time [freak]ing with the suspension... IT hooks 520 WHP SOLID by third.... keeping the boost down to 13-14is PSI in 1st and second alows them to work out to... LOL... Youre sadly disillusioned if you think its a spinnin g aint winning situation.

**** and i thought I could be a douchebag....
Kbai.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Car makes 630-40WHP @ 26 PSI.... PT6176SP. Turbo spools MEAN AND NASTY. Maybe the difference is that youre using the 67mm snail??? I dont know... The transient responce of the PT61 is awesome especially for a journal bearing turbo (displacement doesnt hurt)... ESPECIALLY with the short gears in the car. Its a noticable difference. You dont need datalogs to tell you everything.....

Modified by extralargenog at 10:55 AM 7/18/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>

In reply to your Edit. My car made 671 @ 25 PSI on the same 66MM turbo we have been using just on a more aggressive tune up for the most part. I know how the car should react. I am pretty sure Charlie Schafer may have some slight clue of whats going on also .

This is NOT based simply off datalogging. You can learn alot from the feel of a car... Comparing time slip increment's and also from the car next to you in qualifying or eliminations. When sitting side by side but slightly pulling your opponent then going into 5th and getting passed like it's nothing only going 135 MPH in the 1/4 when you have been 144 is also a good indication. But I guess that doesn't account for anything also.

I don't care how you slice it gearing is a huge factor. Like I said this setup will not work good with any serious built turbo car ( trapping 140 or higher) the say it comes. Switching to a different FD will make a world of difference but then you have to fo really ODD and custom.

These are my thoughts from my personal experience and information I have gathered nothing more nothing less.

Quick Reply: High Horsepower H-series thread