High Horsepower H-series thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (2point2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2point2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you guys are missing out..

my personal thoughts are that H22's rev limit was not determined by the head but by the block(rock/stroke ratio vs piston speed vs oem reliability)

I dont believe the valvetrain on an h22 is less superior than the other high revving honda engines? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i think the h22 can rev high and still put power out not like the b series which at one point stop makin power and just make nosie...?? i think it was determined by the tranny cuz i've take my tanny's high and after a while they start to grind...???just a thought
Old 06-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (91redrex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 91redrex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i think the h22 can rev high and still put power out not like the b series which at one point stop makin power and just make nosie...?? i think it was determined by the tranny cuz i've take my tanny's high and after a while they start to grind...???just a thought</TD></TR></TABLE>

Did you just say the power up top on the h22 is determined by the trans ?
Old 06-28-2008, 07:40 PM

Default Re: (90blackcrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90blackcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Did you just say the power up top on the h22 is determined by the trans ?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i said i think the rev limit is determined by the trans......basically saying the h22 tranny wasnt made to withstand high rev's....to what i've seen h22 trannys go out faster than the heads...im talking about bone stock h22...not built h22...thats why people go h2b....just my 2 cents...but correct me if im wrong...

Modified by 91redrex at 9:03 PM 6/28/2008
Old 06-28-2008, 08:12 PM

Default Re: (2point2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2point2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you guys are missing out..

my personal thoughts are that H22's rev limit was not determined by the head but by the block(rock/stroke ratio vs piston speed vs oem reliability)

I dont believe the valvetrain on an h22 is less superior than the other high revving honda engines? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree with everything except the valvetrain. I know the H22A has dual valvesprings, and the H22A1 only has single i do believe. Plus the valvetrain is all around larger than the B and D series, so it seems like it would be somewhat limited in it's rpm range due to the added mass and inertia.

And it doesn't even make sense that the rev limit would be limited by the transmission. People do the H to B swap to avoid the hassle of shifter cables, the H series trannys don't seem to be as strong to begin with, and B series transmissions are more readily available.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:23 PM

Default Re: (darkdementshun)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by darkdementshun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I agree with everything except the valvetrain. I know the H22A has dual valvesprings, and the H22A1 only has single i do believe. Plus the valvetrain is all around larger than the B and D series, so it seems like it would be somewhat limited in it's rpm range due to the added mass and inertia.

And it doesn't even make sense that the rev limit would be limited by the transmission. People do the H to B swap to avoid the hassle of shifter cables, the H series trannys don't seem to be as strong to begin with, and B series transmissions are more readily available. </TD></TR></TABLE>

hands down to you man....it was just a thought...you schooled me lol...good info..
Old 06-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by darkdementshun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">People do the H to B swap to avoid the hassle of shifter cables</TD></TR></TABLE>
That's not why I went H2b
Old 06-28-2008, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (88ED8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 88ED8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
That's not why I went H2b </TD></TR></TABLE>

You went for the baller status, groupies, and all of that fun factor
Old 06-28-2008, 11:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90blackcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You went for the baller status, groupies, and all of that fun factor</TD></TR></TABLE>
???

No matter what a H22 was going to go into my car, I went the H2B for:

Better ground clearance over conventional H swap
Better axle angles over conventional H swap
No need to bang fire wall & Passenger side frame rail (though driver side rail requires more clearance )
No need to cut hole for shifter
Many more options available for B series gear ratios/final drives/lsd's ect. ect...
Solid shift linkage &gt; cable

Old 06-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just joiking around
Old 06-28-2008, 11:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 06-28-2008, 11:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 88ED8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> </TD></TR></TABLE>

Women love the h2b's
Old 06-29-2008, 08:30 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 88ED8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
???

No matter what a H22 was going to go into my car, I went the H2B for:

Better ground clearance over conventional H swap
Better axle angles over conventional H swap
No need to bang fire wall & Passenger side frame rail (though driver side rail requires more clearance )
No need to cut hole for shifter
Many more options available for B series gear ratios/final drives/lsd's ect. ect...
Solid shift linkage &gt; cable

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I do believe 2 of your reasons also involve what i would classify under "avoiding the hassle of shifter cables". Good info though. I didn't know that it increased ground clearance. That was always a concern for me.

Women love the h2b's </TD></TR></TABLE>

Dangit, now i find out! haha
Old 06-29-2008, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (91redrex)

its the cams that limit how high you can rev out to. just look at any dyno stock cams die off about 8400 pending on the head work. i just install some aftermarket cams and i should be able to rev out to 9500-10 but the dyno will tell i will post when i dyno in a few weeks. and the best advantage to the h2b setup is the shorter gears and aftermarket parts.

update on web custom cams pick up 80hp just dropping them in no adjustment so i went from 510@18lbs to 590@18lbs and pick up bout 2-300rpm in spool

Modified by Hulk22 at 9:58 AM 10/1/2008
Old 06-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hulk22)

I'd say if you wanna make power up high, choosing the right camshaft and intake manifold combinations would be most important... The rod/stroke ratio of the h22a is the same as b18c just FYI
Old 06-29-2008, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by darkdementshun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I do believe 2 of your reasons also involve what i would classify under "avoiding the hassle of shifter cables". </TD></TR></TABLE>

I thought you were saying that, that was THE reason for going H2B...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hulk22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its the cams that limit how high you can rev out to. just look at any dyno stock cams die off about 8400 pending on the head work.</TD></TR></TABLE>

My torque falls off way befor that (about 6800) but I make power all the way to 8400 and head is bone stock as is the rest of the motor
Old 06-30-2008, 12:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B20luda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'd say if you wanna make power up high, choosing the right camshaft and intake manifold combinations would be most important... The rod/stroke ratio of the h22a is the same as b18c just FYI
</TD></TR></TABLE>

very true
yea my tq starts fallen about 8300 but we will see with the new cams and fuel set up.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hulk22)

heres a few pics of my h23 nonvtec ek setup im working on ,, a very rare setup to see on here

Old 07-02-2008, 06:28 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Anybody have opinions on the H2B installs? Just curious. Craig

__________________________________________________ __________________

See our posts in the Sponsor For Sale section for deals on...
GARRETT Turbochargers!
HASPORT Motor Swap Products
SEIBON Carbon Fiber
PRECISION TURBO
Widebands / Conversion Harnesses / 3Bar Maps
SEIBON Carbon Fiber
TURBOXS
Old 07-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TunerToys)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TunerToys &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">opinions on the H2B installs?</TD></TR></TABLE>
It does not disappoint!!!
Old 07-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Currently no dyno numbers. Hopefully in the very near future.

- ERL Superdeck I Engine Block (Darton Ductile Iron Sleeves)
- Carrillo Connecting Rods
- Wiseco Pistons 8.8:1
- REV Valve Springs/ Retainer Kit
- Standard Cylinder Head Job
- ARP Head Studs
- Pro Drive Oil Pump Gears
- Koyo Aluminum Radiator
- 3" Stainless Steel Downpipe and Exhaust
- AEM Fuel Rail
- Aerometer Fuel Pressure Regulator
- Golden Eagle Cam Gears
- 75mm Throttle Body
- Golden Eagle Intake Manifold (Polished)
- Love Fab Ramhorn Manifold, 3" Downpipe, & Dump tube
- Precision 1000cc Injectors
- Precision GT4067R Turbo Charger
- Precision 750hp Intercooler
- Mandrel Bending Solutions Custom Intercooler Piping
- Tial 44mm WasteGate
- HKS Super Sequential Blow Off Valve
- Walbro Fuel Pump 255 lph
- Hondata S200 with Boost Option
- 3 Bar Map Sensor

I was also wondering what modifications were made to the transmission of you high hp guys with Preludes, Accords, and CLs? Also, those of you using the twin disc which brand are you using?
Old 07-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kamAccord)

im using a spec stg5 iron in my cl with the 97 accord trans.i love it great on street and strip. i havent do anything to the trans yet, from what i've seen the stock dose fine till you start running slicks then the wear in tear really starts, but i may switch to the h23 trans for the shorter gears but i need more track time to see last time at the track i was crossing the line in 3rd at 8-8300 rpm @112-113's
Old 07-08-2008, 06:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kamAccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I was also wondering what modifications were made to the transmission of you high hp guys with Preludes, Accords, and CLs? Also, those of you using the twin disc which brand are you using?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Any else with transmission modification?
Old 07-08-2008, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ive had good luck with my tranny and its been beat... Been to the track twice on slicks and have ran about 10, 11 second passes on moderate boost levels (about 450-480whp)

all i have done is an OBX LSD, im using an LSD Dragger clutch from LSD motorsports
Old 07-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kamAccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Any else with transmission modification?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Saenz straight cut forged gearset, All new bearings... OBX LSD Tilton FCV and Competition Twin disk in a M2Y4 case...

Carnage:

BROKE 2nd AND 4th:

Have LOTS more including 3 broken input shafts (all teeth sheered off).

The Saenz set is THE ****!!!!!! Sounds like sex, and pulls SO HARD with the shorter cloe ratio box!!! May be for sale soon as I may be shifting towards a new project and parting this one out.

Modified by extralargenog at 1:12 PM 7/8/2008
Old 07-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (extralargenog)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by extralargenog &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Saenz straight cut forged gearset, All new bearings... OBX LSD Tilton FCV and Competition Twin disk in a M2Y4 case...

Carnage:

BROKE 2nd AND 4th:

Have LOTS more including 3 broken input shafts (all teeth sheered off).

The Saenz set is THE ****!!!!!! Sounds like sex, and pulls SO HARD with the shorter cloe ratio box!!! May be for sale soon as I may be shifting towards a new project and parting this one out.

Modified by extralargenog at 1:12 PM 7/8/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>

Keep me posted if you do decide to sale the Saenz gear set. Buy the way who carries the gear set?

Anyone else with tranny upgrades?

Quick Reply: High Horsepower H-series thread