Notices

Hide my Zex?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hide my Zex?

Where can I find detailed rules about where you can have you nitrous installed at. I was intalling the zex box right above the ecu and running the wires/hoses threw the fire wall,when a buddy shows up and tells me that might be against the rule. Something about have a nitrous "in the car". Come on now,I have the bottle sitting behind me. So is this legit? can I hook up the box above the ecu? This is in a 88' crx. TIA.
Old 05-09-2004, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hide my Zex? (91' LS-VTEC)

i have mine behind my seat and ran the line threw the fire wall as long as you make sure you put something were it go's through the fire wall to not rub it you should be fine i used rubber gromits
Old 05-09-2004, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hide my Zex? (tegon-gsr)

my main concern is the "purple zex box". Dose it have to be mounted in the engine bay,or can I have it mounted above my ECU and just run all my lines threw the firewall???
Old 05-09-2004, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yes/no?
Old 05-11-2004, 05:29 AM

you can put it just about any place it will fit
Old 05-11-2004, 05:36 AM

Default Re: Hide my Zex? (BoredNStroked)

I'm pretty sure that as long as all the lines are run to the outside of the cabin you can do it, because if the box fails, it's still venting outside of the cabin.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Hide my Zex? (tegon-gsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tegon-gsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have mine behind my seat and ran the line threw the fire wall as long as you make sure you put something were it go's through the fire wall to not rub it you should be fine i used rubber gromits </TD></TR></TABLE>That has go to have some serious lag from the time you spray till it gets there. Whats that 6ft from the solenoid to the fogger?

If your talking about racing rules, all I know is that you are supposed to have a blow down tube on the bottle. Why are you concerned? And why not mount it outside? I have seen them in the fender well by the CAI filter and under the plastic housing that has the arms to the windshield wipers as well.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Here in Va as long as you have a "dump" tube to exit the gases in case you pop the little pressure cap you can have it wherever you can mount it. Thats the only stipulation on having it in the cabin.
Old 05-11-2004, 02:06 PM

Default Re: (BoostedH22Accord)

There wont be any lag due to the lengh of the line between the solonoid and the fogger. It just makes it "hit" softer. I intentionaly use a realy long line to soften the "hit" during launch so i can run a large shot off the line.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hide my Zex? (slipslap)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slipslap &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Why are you concerned? And why not mount it outside? I have seen them in the fender well by the CAI filter and under the plastic housing that has the arms to the windshield wipers as well.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just wan to hide as much as possibale. The way its set up rite now, Unless your really knowlegable of nitrous are look see the bottle in the rear. You really can't tell I have it hooked up. I'll try to get pics.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:20 AM

it's also alot harder to hide the zex kit, because of the bulky control box. Your kind of limited as to where you can put it. so that's why he prob. put it under the dash. It shouldn't take 6ft. of line to get to the intake tube from there.Once you hit the swith, your not going to be hiding it anymore..Good Luck, and remember to get good plugs(not ZEX...they suck)

Modified by FwdCivicHatch at 9:09 AM 5/13/2004
Old 05-12-2004, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hide my Zex? (FwdCivicHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FwdCivicHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it's also alot harder to hide the zex kit, because of the bilky control box. Your kind of limited as to where you can put it. so that's why he prob. put it under the dash. </TD></TR></TABLE>

YEP The "purple box" sits above my ECU, with all the lines(3) running threw the firewall.Wireloom and rubber hoses cover the steal baraded lines, so it looks clean.
Old 05-13-2004, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Hide my Zex? (FwdCivicHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FwdCivicHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it's also alot harder to hide the zex kit, because of the bulky control box. Your kind of limited as to where you can put it. so that's why he prob. put it under the dash. It shouldn't take 6ft. of line to get to the intake tube from there.Once you hit the swith, your not going to be hiding it anymore..Good Luck, and remember to get good plugs(not ZEX...they suck)

Modified by FwdCivicHatch at 9:09 AM 5/13/2004</TD></TR></TABLE>I was referring to the chap that has the NMU behind is seat. Thats about 6ft from the NUM to the fogger. The way I mentioned is a nice set-up. My friend has it on his Rex. He has the air filter with the fogger built in as well. And the whole thing is the passnger fender well and you can't see the hoses either. Really interesting idea when I saw it to. Just a suggestion.