Notices

Help with synchros from 2 different trannies

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with synchros from 2 different trannies

Say I have two trannies, one LS and one GSR, and the GSR 3rd grinds, so I want to use the LS' 3rd gear synchro...are they compatible? or are they different, because the ratios are different....

dealership only sell's the synchro WITH the 3rd gear assembly so its like 200 dollars, the part numbers are different for LS and GSR but i'm assuming its because the gears are different, not the synchros..

unless synchro's are toothed the same as the gears, then obviously they'd be different...that's all i need to know, if the synchro's are toothed to match the gear or not

if they are not compatible, i was just going to use my LS 3rd with the rest of the gsr gearset...i know its not like optimal, but i dont think it will be too bad will it? its

gsr 3rd - 1.360 ls 3rd - 1.269
Old 09-18-2003, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help with synchros from 2 different trannies (Toda Party)

honda uses the same syncro in all thier trannys
now let me explain if the ls syncro is lets say 60mm with xx amout of teeth and the gsr is the same
then you can use them
this is just for the brass ring

so if they both are xxmm syncro rings then you can use them and that goes for all honda trannys so if you have a d series tranny or a accord tranny as long as they are the same diameter then you can use them
this cuts costs for honda so they dont have to manufacture so many differnt ones
hope this helps