Notices

help on supercharging a 94 teg GSR

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2001, 09:42 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help on supercharging a 94 teg GSR

hey y'all...
i'm considering supercharging my 94 integra GSR. i don't autocross or rally or anything, i'm basically just looking for some extra kick in my daily driving. my ride is pretty much stock at the moment engine-wise except for a K&N airfilter.
i'm pretty new to forced induction so i've got some questions:

1. what kinda supercharger models are recommended and how reliable are these?
2. what other parts of the engine need to be upgraded as well to handle the extra power and what can be kept stock?
3. do the brakes need to be upgraded as well to stop the extra power or will stock do?

anyone who's done this or knows someone who has got this done to their car, please share ur experiences and results.
thanks guys!
Old 06-22-2001, 11:36 AM
New User

Default Re: help on supercharging a 94 teg GSR (hotsots)

The supercharger is a great choice for a daily driver. At the moment, only Jackson Racing makes a blower kit for the Integra. It's a roots type blower, which means lots of low end torque

The only thing that REALLY will need upgrading is the clutch and the fuel pump. I would recommend an intake/header/exhaust also, but it's not absolutely needed. So long as you leave it at 6psi, you should have no problems with reliability.

Hope that helps!
Old 06-22-2001, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help on supercharging a 94 teg GSR (VaporTrail)

The supercharger is a great choice for a daily driver. At the moment, only Jackson Racing makes a blower kit for the Integra. It's a roots type blower, which means lots of low end torque

The only thing that REALLY will need upgrading is the clutch and the fuel pump. I would recommend an intake/header/exhaust also, but it's not absolutely needed. So long as you leave it at 6psi, you should have no problems with reliability.

Hope that helps!
Ditto.