Notices

Help suggestion a turbo set up...

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help suggesting a turbo set up...

Hiya - I've been told to come and ask on here about a turbo set up for my project car. Some people say that you lot know your honda turbos better than anyone else so it seems like your the perfect people to come and see

I'm wanting a suggestion of parts "or" a suggestion of a kit for a low boost, stock B18c4 (UK engine). I want things to be cost effective but safe and reliable to run with a standard engine. For me it would be easier to just order a complete kit and bolt it all together but I'm not sure if any of them are any good? I've heard bad things so far.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with thanks very much!
Old 01-06-2007, 12:47 PM

when i did my turbo about 2 years ago. i ordered the f-max turbo kit from http://www.turbo-kits.com. the turbo kit is a turbonetics, great kit. the only thing i would have done differently would be to ditch the secondary fuel system it comes with and buy a hondata and some bigger injectors. i eventualy ditched the secondary system.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Help suggesting a turbo set up... (205mi16)

If youre looking for a "kit" to be able to just bolt on an go...drag or revhard are your best bet for low boost...The best thing to do would be to piece together your own kit. If you do go with a drag or revhard kit,id deffinately ditch the fmu and inline fuel pump they come with..Buy some 440 injectors, intank walbro 255 and some sort of chipped ecu so you can get it tuned right.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:55 PM

Default Re: (kraig8)

Thanks for the reply yes - I've been told those FMU's are abit too crude. Did you run it ok with the FMU? I was planning on using Hondata, its been recommended to me by quite a few people.
Once I get good feedback from a number of people over either a certain kit or a certain compilation of parts to make up a kit then I'll simply go for that.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Help suggesting a turbo set up... (RedEj8)

Cheers - good reply
What are these additional parts you've mentioned?
How would I go about making the kit my-self? It just seems so easy with the kits because the whole boost system, intercooler and turbo are there and ready to just bolt on.
Which rev-hard or drag kit would you recommend going by my requirements?
ta
Old 01-06-2007, 01:04 PM

Well..the injectors are self explainitory..You just need bigger injectors for it to run..and you need some sort of chipped ecu to run them and get the engine to actually run right(most power and best fuel mileage) You've already mentioned you want to run Hondata..good choice...As for the walbro 255, its just an intank fuel pump to replace your factory piece that has a LOT more volume. Go check out the forced induction marketplace here on HT.Theres sellers selling full drag3 kits for relatively cheap and plenty of people selling individual stuff so you can build your own kit.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:08 PM

I'm just looking at a rev-hard kit now for a 92-95 civic on turbokits.com for $2899. It would be nice to be able to buy this kit in bits and leave out the bits I don't want
If I was to put my own kit together, where would I get the bits from? what turbo, manifolds, intercooler and boost system would I go for? this is why a kit would be great for me because I just don't know where to start but at the same time it would be nice to be able to buy all the correct parts without wasting money on parts I'm not going to use.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:12 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you have some money to spend and want a great quality kit look at http://www.full-race.com and http://www.phoenixturbo.com