Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help with Stock LS turbo

stock fpr will work just fine, no reason to upgrade
Old 12-18-2010, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by h22-eg-hatch
You can't boost a stock Honda and make those numbers on a stock regulator.

So what's the point of dropping in a fuel pump n injectors if your planning on running a stock regulator. Haha.
That's funny because plenty of people are making over 400whp on stock lines and regulator.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Not true stock fpr can handle 300hp. No need to upgrade only if u want to but not madatory. I've seen 2 gsr turbo integras one with 230whp with stock fpr and another gsr with 330 whp with stock fpr tuned on neptune. Both had 550cc injectors and walbro 255 fuel pump so it can be done
Old 12-18-2010, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tonythetuner®
Not true stock fpr can handle 300hp. No need to upgrade only if u want to but not madatory. I've seen 2 gsr turbo integras one with 230whp with stock fpr and another gsr with 330 whp with stock fpr tuned on neptune. Both had 550cc injectors and walbro 255 fuel pump so it can be done
I think we have already established that but thanks.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

get a set of injectors, fuel pump, clutch if you dont have a good one already. and get your self a good tune. and possibly a wideband. and your ready to roll
Old 12-19-2010, 02:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Alrighhtt after all the info. i've got from everyone so far. It looks like this:

Head studs and a new oem head gasket, 550cc injectors, 255walbro fuel pump, 2 step colder plugs,EMS and GOOOOOOD TUNE

How does that look? Good for 300HP>?? Reliable?
Old 12-19-2010, 02:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I was lookin at the EMS's and their a lil expensive LOL Is there a cheaper and bettter route i can go? Do i need an EMS to tune it myself or do u still need an EMS if u go to a professional and tune it by them? AND do i need a MAP sensor?
Old 12-19-2010, 05:43 AM
Track Advocate

Originally Posted by teggyboy11
Alrighhtt after all the info. i've got from everyone so far. It looks like this:

Head studs and a new oem head gasket, 550cc injectors, 255walbro fuel pump, 2 step colder plugs,EMS and GOOOOOOD TUNE

How does that look? Good for 300HP>?? Reliable?
should be reliable making 300hp. but don't forget a good clutch. remember, they go by tq and not hp

I was lookin at the EMS's and their a lil expensive LOL Is there a cheaper and bettter route i can go? Do i need an EMS to tune it myself or do u still need an EMS if u go to a professional and tune it by them? AND do i need a MAP sensor?
you can always use chrome, which is free, but you'll want to ask your tuner what he recommends. as far as the map sensor, i'm using my stock sensor. my tuner said that for the power i'm going for, i donn't need to get a 2 or 3 bar map sensor.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Map sensors are cheap so might as well get a gm 3 bar so when you upgrade later you already have it. Crome is free and does fine for most basic setups. Only thing you need to have is your ecu chipped.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ALriightt guys thtanks for the great help! So i shouldn't waste my money on an intake manifold?
And this is what im looki nat for my setup...

550cc's,255wlabro fuel pump, map sensor(might as well get one their cheap), 2 step colder plugs,arp head studs,oem head gasket, and crome or whatever my tuner recommends . I do need a new clutch my clutch is done lol What clutch and fly wheel do u guys suggest?
Old 12-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Clutch choice is up to you. Everyone has their own brand they like. I prefer competition clutch/s because they grab hard and have a light pedal feel. Almost like stock in a way. I have the stage 5 from them and it's very streetable. Even my ex gf could drive the car
Old 12-19-2010, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Teggyboy that's a good list. If I were you, id think carefully about what your power goals will be down the road when it comes time to buy a clutch. Good clutches aren't cheap, and you don't want to get one that's too weak if later on you decide you want more power.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well the must haves
good cluch
head studs
bigger injectors(450cc or bigger)
a GOOD tune from someone that knows what they are doing

good upgrades that will help a bunch
bigger exhaust(3" is best for boosted)
255lph fuel pump
wideband
and there is a bunch I could add, but this is a basic rundown.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I was lookin at comptetition clutches which clutch/flywheel kit would be best. Yes i am going to be boosting more and pushign more power on my car next year. So what would be a good clutch/flywheel kit that i could use for this small setup and for a bigger setup later on.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rat city rex
well the must haves
good cluch
head studs
bigger injectors(450cc or bigger)
a GOOD tune from someone that knows what they are doing

good upgrades that will help a bunch
bigger exhaust(3" is best for boosted)
255lph fuel pump
wideband
and there is a bunch I could add, but this is a basic rundown.

Yeaa im currently looking for a good clutch/flywheel. What would u prefer?
Im thinking of doing an ectune or crome.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

A little research can go along way.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

for clutch, I went with the LSD dragger clutch with the full face disk, due to the fact that I dd drive this car, and my wife will sometimes drives it and she could not handle the ebay 6puck engagment....lol Call mike at lsd motorsports and tell hime you want the real~home~made~turbo~dot~com hookup price...lol I think I payed 300 or so shipped for it, and its a double plate sprung center with a great feel. Even for a cable transmission its great. It held 300tq at the wheels, and even after the 30th pull on the dyno it didnt even care and kept going hard as hell! I will forever go with his clutches unless I step up to a twin disk, but at that point it wont be my dd anymore...lol And I went with a stock flywheel. No problems there. Also Im using crome free, Its best to find a tuner that knows whats up and pay to have them tune it. But ectune is great too. It just cost a few bucks more. On a budget I would go crome.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

IMO, RC 440 injectors with Fuel pressue reg. Cromepro is cheap but better than no tune, a wideband. My first Stock LS motor the head lifted on dyno, so id recommend ARP headstuds. my stock motor made 255whp 222tq on 10lbs
Old 12-22-2010, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ALriightt guys thtanks for the great help! So i shouldn't waste my money on an intake manifold?

ME: No, it's not needed for your goal.

And this is what im looki nat for my setup...

550cc's,255wlabro fuel pump, map sensor(might as well get one their cheap), 2 step colder plugs,arp head studs,oem head gasket, and crome or whatever my tuner recommends . I do need a new clutch my clutch is done lol What clutch and fly wheel do u guys suggest?

ME: A two step colder plug is not needed, either. You'll be fine with a set of 1 step colder NGK BKR7E (4554) plugs. I ran BKR7E's on my bone stock LS with no issues, two and a half years, making 304 whp on a Precision SC-34.

Also, invest in a boost controller. Depending on your turbo & wastegate spring, your psi used to achieve your goal is gonna vary from setup to setup. For example, it took 14 psi on my setup to make 304 whp. What size WG spring do you plan on running?

I ran a Blox Pro manual controller, and it held boost solid as a rock. Good investment for only 75 bucks.

Last edited by Silva Bullit DC4; 12-22-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What turbo kit do you have. Is it ebay turbo kit or what.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by thomass
IMO, RC 440 injectors with Fuel pressue reg. Cromepro is cheap but better than no tune, a wideband. My first Stock LS motor the head lifted on dyno, so id recommend ARP headstuds. my stock motor made 255whp 222tq on 10lbs
Please stop misinforming the OP before he ends up buying stuff he does not need.

YOU CAN RUN A STOCK FUEL RAIL - REGULATOR - FUEL LINES
CROME WILL BE FINE FOR YOUR SITUATION

Head studs would be a wise decision. Dsm 450's are cheap and will work fine for you.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh mann thats a whole lot of info. Very helpful guys!
For the clutch i've decided to go wit the competition stage 4 clutch. Do i need the regular clutch/flywheel kit or Race kit?

Wideband? Do i reallyy need a wideband? and MAP sensor?

And for the boost control .. im going manual. right now im lookin at a blox mbc and a ectune solenoid mbc. Havent decided which one to go wit yet.

Its an EMUSA turbo kit.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wideband? Do i reallyy need a wideband? and MAP sensor?
A wideband is not 100% necessary, but I would highly recommend you get one, to make it easy to monitor your air/fuel ratios at all times. The PLX stuff is great, I run the M-300, it's kinda dated, but you can check out some of the new PLX stuff here:

http://tricktuners.com/plx_widebands.htm

Your stock MAP sensor will read up to 10.5-11 psi of manifold pressure. Upgrade to a Hondata or Omni Power 4 bar MAP sensor. It's overkill for your goal, but I like it, being it's a direct bolt on replacement for your stock sensor (looks just like it), and no vacuum lines needed (like the GM 3 bar, for example).
Old 12-24-2010, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

see sig

Old 12-25-2010, 12:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Silva Bullit DC4
A wideband is not 100% necessary, but I would highly recommend you get one, to make it easy to monitor your air/fuel ratios at all times. The PLX stuff is great, I run the M-300, it's kinda dated, but you can check out some of the new PLX stuff here:

http://tricktuners.com/plx_widebands.htm

Your stock MAP sensor will read up to 10.5-11 psi of manifold pressure. Upgrade to a Hondata or Omni Power 4 bar MAP sensor. It's overkill for your goal, but I like it, being it's a direct bolt on replacement for your stock sensor (looks just like it), and no vacuum lines needed (like the GM 3 bar, for example).

Thx for the good info. So ill jsut a buy Wideband and MAP sensor.

Quick Reply: Help with Stock LS turbo