Notices

help with RC 550cc injectors please (I need my kit ready by monday)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 11:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC 550cc injectors (ARE they broken?) ???????????????????????????????????????????

**********UPDATE ON AT THE BOTTOM**********************************
sorry forgot to resisze the new pics.

I bought these 550's from a guy working out of his garage and he was saying that the injectors should rest on the orings and not in them. and to my knowledge I thought the top that goes in the fuel rail had a lip and the oring fit between the two lips. what orings can I use for these going into my B18C spec R oem fuel rail and oem intake manifold. thanks guys, napa's got me tripping...they said their broken

thanks alot guys.

Modified by Syner-G-Racing at 12:54 AM 10/20/2004

Modified by Syner-G-Racing at 1:52 AM 11/14/2004
Old 10-20-2004, 01:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help with RC 550cc injectors please (Syner-G-Racing)

bump for some hiselp
Old 10-20-2004, 01:54 AM

try this
http://www.deepstaged.net/inject.htm
Old 10-20-2004, 02:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help with RC 550cc injectors please (Boosted2K)

holy **** forthood texas...gotta love killeen (if you like a thumb up your ***). I do miss that 3 mile stretch between copperas cove and central texas colledge...Ive raced many a night there!. thanks for the web site. unfortunatly it never showed the inlet...my assumption is that the 550cc may have a larger inlet and outlet and thats why they dont have the collars...but still my question lies about the oring placement...
Old 10-20-2004, 02:13 AM

lol, this place does suck. Thats about all I really know about the injector install. If I remember correctly,

I put the thicker o-rings in the intake manifold, lubed up the the 2 small o-rings on the injectors and pushed them into the rail (kinda just snapped in place).

Then I seated them in the holes in the intake manifold, and just torqued down the bolts holding the rail in place, be sure the plastic spacers are still there when bolting down the rail, hope this helps.

So why the hell were you at Fort Hood, Military????
Old 10-20-2004, 02:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help with RC550cc injectors please (Boosted2K)

Yeah Ive installed injectors before...just never any larger than 310cc.

I was stationed at fort hood from 2002-feb 2004...im in hawaii now. 15J (I work on the Kiowa's...helicopters)....are you army or just from there?

Modified by Syner-G-Racing at 2:02 AM 10/20/2004
Old 10-20-2004, 02:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RC 550cc injectors (ARE they broken?) ??????????????????????????????????????????? (Syner-G-Racin

Wow, Killeen in the house . I go down there often as my father lives there. With my 550's I used the stock o-rings because I tore the one's that came with them . I also used the stock rings on the intake manifold also. Fit perfectly. For some reason it looks like your missing something from the top of the injector, by the clip. I will try and dig up a pic of mine.

Charles
Old 10-20-2004, 02:32 AM

Yup, I'm a 1LT in the Army, currently assinged to the 104th MI BN (4ID). I did the Iraq thing about 6 months ago, not really looking forward to going back, but the $$$ is so damn good.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RC 550cc injectors (ARE they broken?) ??????????????????????????????????????????? (Syner-G-Racin

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97hb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow, Killeen in the house . I go down there often as my father lives there. With my 550's I used the stock o-rings because I tore the one's that came with them . I also used the stock rings on the intake manifold also. Fit perfectly. For some reason it looks like your missing something from the top of the injector, by the clip. I will try and dig up a pic of mine.

Charles</TD></TR></TABLE>
thats what I was thinking also about the top...if you could dig up a pick that would be great. and what engine do you have, just out of curiousity
Old 10-20-2004, 02:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help with RC 550cc injectors please (Boosted2K)

good stuff...im in C CO. 25th ID L C Aviation Regement (AVIM). I havent gone yet due to rear D is ate up and needs help (armorer). the extra money could help me pay for all my **** I just bought. https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1015170

hook me up with some pictures of a set of RC 550's for a B series rail pleaasseee. any one. thank you H-T!

Modified by Syner-G-Racing at 2:04 AM 10/20/2004
Old 10-20-2004, 03:09 AM

Good stuff, I remember sitting in Kirkuk. When 25th ID showed up it was like a god-send, I think it was Dco 125 MI that replaced us. Hit me up on AIM sometime (BoostedCivic2K).

Off to PT I go

What kinda pic do you need, I could take one today at lunch and e-mail it to ya, let me know.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:23 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Here are some old 550's I found in 1/2 a second when I SEARCHED!
I dont think those injectors are for a honda If they are the upper lip has been modified. I have a brand new set sitting at my house and they DO have the grove at the top. And the bottom seals pretty much just sit in the IM.

So Ya.. napa was right
Old 10-20-2004, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

man this freaking sucks...I traded a walbro, blox fmu and 180 bucks for the injectors and a three bar map sensor....I wanted to find some one that bought a set for a B18 recently to verify that something is wrong with mine...if the top lip is broken will I still be able to use them?
Old 10-20-2004, 08:45 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syner-G-Racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if the top lip is broken will I still be able to use them?</TD></TR></TABLE>
I am sure there is a way, just not sure what it is
Maybe just slide like 2 orings over the top, pop it in the rail and see what happens?
I would try to contact RC via email and see if they could help you
Old 10-20-2004, 08:53 AM

I ran 750CC RC and they had the lip that is missing from yours. Check to see if the previous owner had them machined for a different app. I would think they should work just be careful not to get the o ring pushed up too far in the rail to unseat and clog up your FPR.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by si2die4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I am sure there is a way, just not sure what it is
Maybe just slide like 2 orings over the top, pop it in the rail and see what happens?
I would try to contact RC via email and see if they could help you </TD></TR></TABLE>

I emailed RC like three days ago, with pictures and still havent got an answer back yet?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ms1motorsports &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I ran 750CC RC and they had the lip that is missing from yours. Check to see if the previous owner had them machined for a different app. I would think they should work just be careful not to get the o ring pushed up too far in the rail to unseat and clog up your FPR.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its looking like there for another application or they had a floating sleave that I didnt get...Im pretty much **** out of luck...cause I get it tuned monday...and I dont have the money to get new ones. Im gonna try to make it work...good suggestion about the orings though.

do you think I would have any problem with useing a teflon spacer on top of the inlet oring...for a make shift collar? Im just afraid of it melting from heat or corrosion from the gas. any suggestions would be very helpful. thanks guys
Old 10-20-2004, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The 550's that i had have 2 black hard plastic orings, and one green oring in between. But somehow, the top black hard plastic oring feel off of 2 of my injectors. Couldnt use em after that since it wouldnt seal correctly. I just recently sent them to RC for servicing and they said they would throw new ones in.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

how much were they charging for the new ones?
Old 10-20-2004, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

pm sent
Old 10-20-2004, 10:15 AM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can still install those , just put the o-ring over the top , and lube them up real good.(i used chap stick it works better than oil.)then put the black big o-rings in the intake manifold , install teh injectors in the rail. then lay the injectors in the intake mani and start tightening the manifold.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:23 AM
H-T White Ops

Here's one of my brand new 550's I ordered from wiredspeedlabs. Green o-ring and all.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Full-Race Henry &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The 550's that i had have 2 black hard plastic orings, and one green oring in between. But somehow, the top black hard plastic oring feel off of 2 of my injectors. Couldnt use em after that since it wouldnt seal correctly. I just recently sent them to RC for servicing and they said they would throw new ones in.</TD></TR></TABLE>

my hat goes off to full race henry and RC engineering...Im sending my injectors to them to have them modified and new orings and spacers for only 40 bucks. woo-hoo....as for Roy...

Dude you sold me broken ****. I expect to have some compensation for this...they also say I need a resistor box...hook me up with the box and some obd I plugs and well call it even...and I'll let you live.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (IslandSi)

are those the PL8-550cc? or the SL8-550cc? just curious, from what RC just said there physicaly different. what sucks is now I need a resistor box.

Ricky @ wiredspeed lab =
Old 10-20-2004, 11:29 AM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Syner-G-Racing)

pl = peak and hold
sl = saturated
Old 11-14-2004, 02:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (OnePointSicks)

yeah I know its been dead a while. im lazy...been to busy with the car to post the update.

but I thought you guys should know what a great company RC Engineering is.

I sent the broken injectors priority to them thursday, they called me friday about noon to tell me they received them and that they were fixed and they were throwing in all necessary orings along with a military discount and they prioity shipped them back. I recieved them saturday at 1:00.

it cost me only 10 bucks an injector and 20 bucks to ship.

before

after

my discount

thought I would throw in a pic of my home made resistor box. anyone interested in one I will tell you how to make it if its not to obvious.

RC engineering