Notices

Help/ questions passing CT emissions

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help/ questions passing CT emissions

hey guys i have a 1997 honda civic with a built and turboed B16a. I have emissions test comming up. I was wondering if this would work.i was told once if I swap my injectors, my map sensor, and my ecu back to stock, It would work. My problem is the stock motor and the ecu were for a D-series. will this work or what will i need to do ? Get 99 si injectors and ecu to get it to work ?
Old 06-29-2010, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help/ questions passing CT emissions

Ayone
Old 06-29-2010, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by b16bri
i was told once if I swap my injectors, my map sensor, and my ecu back to stock, It would work.

this might work if you have an obd2 engine. if not then using the stock ecu will probably throw CELs because the engine is missing some of the sensors that the ecu will be looking for.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Wheres my titleeeee!

Im right in west haven and i know a ton of places that will pass you? Are you using an OBD1 or OBD2 ecu?

Do you have a CEL?

Are the injectors obd1 or obd2?

Give me a call man 203-215-8996 my name is nick.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol No **** i live right in Orange. You probually have seen my old car around it's sold now but i was alwasy in milf and WH it was a 1999 blue SI with a big FMIC and no bumper lol. The car i'm asking about now is my new project car which is starting soon I was just asking because before i sold my SI I have emissions problems. so i'm trying to get a good game plan for next time. So i will deff call you but to answer your questions the car is odb2 with a obd1 ecu (p30) and precissions 1000cc injectors and a obd1 jdm b16a
Old 06-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Wheres my titleeeee!

Lol No **** i live right in Orange. You probually have seen my old car around it's sold now but i was alwasy in milf and WH it was a 1999 blue SI with a big FMIC and no bumper lol. The car i'm asking about now is my new project car which is starting soon I was just asking because before i sold my SI I have emissions problems. so i'm trying to get a good game plan for next time. So i will deff call you but to answer your questions the car is odb2 with a obd1 ecu (p30) and precissions 1000cc injectors and a obd1 jdm b16a
You used to hang out with mike maddern. You had the enkei wheels on the SI.

I had the charcoal EG hatch with the blades on it. I used to come to precision tune once in a while.

I also was running a B16 turbo setup until the car got stolen.

Hit me up if you ever need anything from full race. Goeff is a great guy and hes a good friend of mine.

Hit me up ill come help you get the car thru emissions.

The ECU is it obd1 or 2?

The engine doesnt matter if its obd1 or 2 as long as you have the harness and plugs all set up right.

Do you have a Check engine light?

Do you know kevin fox? lol
Old 06-29-2010, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

LOL yup that was me I miss that car.. Ya mike is a friend of mine you prob know my other good friend james R. He's also friends with mike. I think I remember your car. And i do know kevin fox. All my turbo set-ups come from full-race thats were my new set-up will be from. The ecu is obd 1
Old 06-30-2010, 04:54 AM
Wheres my titleeeee!

LOL yup that was me I miss that car.. Ya mike is a friend of mine you prob know my other good friend james R. He's also friends with mike. I think I remember your car. And i do know kevin fox. All my turbo set-ups come from full-race thats were my new set-up will be from. The ecu is obd 1

Im really good friends with the owner of full race, Geoff.

I havent seen mike in like a year. And i was the one who put the TYPE R in foxy's car.

Car moves out!

To pass emissions you need to put an OBD2 ECU in the car. Wheter it be a EX or SI, it needs to be an OBD2 Vtec ecu.

You shouldnt have to change the injectors although having obd1 injectors MAY throw a code.

Your car will be running like total **** for the time it takes to get it through emissions but you can go to firestone by the mall or go to tims auto in west haven by the rotary.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright man cool thanks a lot i'll deff give u a ring. What was his car making for power my old si was making 454 to the wheels. My new project should actually be more bigger turbo and a little different engine setup. You have any projects comming up.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:10 PM
Wheres my titleeeee!

I am in the process of rebuilding the hatch. i got a 2.0l dart tall deck block im building and im doing a full race top mount setup but im waiting until november becuase Borg Warner has a new turbo comnig out and geoff told me to wait and hell get his hands on one for me.

I am also buying an 05 GTO so ill have two fun cars to drive.

If you ever need anything from engine work, performance work, to paint and body work let me know. Me and my buddy have a shop. And i work for a racing company so let me know.

Foxys car didnt get dynoed when he boosted it cuz he blew that B16 apart.

He put down a little over 170 on a stock B18Cr on the stock p73 ecu.

I plan on making upwards of 700 with the dart build if i EVER finish it.

Me and the wifey are thinking about just selling my hatch but i dont know what im doing yet.