Notices

Help please!!!!Turbo integra overheating with ac on.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please!!!!Turbo integra overheating with ac on.

Hello guys, so today when I was driving home from work here in Houston,tx it was very hot so I turn the ac on and half way home the car start to overheat so I shut the ac off and the car ran normal all the way home. So first here is my setup. .fullrace ram horn ac compatible with full race 3 inch down and precision 626 turbo,Gsr engine, Half size civic rad with 12 or 13 inch spal fan, stock terms termostat and I don't know if even been change.

What you guys think I should do first before I spend all the money a one, thanks guys
Old 05-18-2012, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help please!!!!Turbo integra overheating with ac on.

do you have a fan in place for the a/c ? you need larger like 14" fans that flow alot of CFM here in texas. i run 14" zirgo puller on my fan 2750cfm and a 12" zirgo 1700cfm fan as a pusher on the driver side for a/c. im also running a half core radiator in my dc2 integra.

Also is the manifold coated or at least wrapped? also the dp should be coated or wrapped and also the turbine housing, this drastically reduces under hood temps. i would start with new thermostat bleed the air out and put a bottle of water wetter and make sure have two high flowing fans
Old 05-18-2012, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Turbo-LS
do you have a fan in place for the a/c ? you need larger like 14" fans that flow alot of CFM here in texas. i run 14" zirgo puller on my fan 2750cfm and a 12" zirgo 1700cfm fan as a pusher on the driver side for a/c. im also running a half core radiator in my dc2 integra.

Also is the manifold coated or at least wrapped? also the dp should be coated or wrapped and also the turbine housing, this drastically reduces under hood temps. i would start with new thermostat bleed the air out and put a bottle of water wetter and make sure have two high flowing fans
Could you post a picture of your fan setup and how you wrapped everything? I have the same problem, and I know I need a pusher fan on the other side of my 1/2 radiator. I know some people's setup don't allow for much room for an extra fan so good points on wrapping up the DP and Manifold.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You mean a fan right with the condenser goes right? If is there then yes I have a 10 inch eBay fan, and what's a zirgo puller? I check is a 13 inch spal fan, buy I heard people do a relay on them and they work way bette, is that true? And how to do that? And yes I have a half core radiator because I can fit anything elsr with that turbo, I really don't know what to do about that. and yes manifold and down pipe are coated, but I don't have heat shield on turbo. And should I get anew OEM thermostat or what type? Thanks
Old 05-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a fan on driver side as a pusher and on pass side a an as a puller on the radiator
Old 05-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Could be a few things. I live in tx with ac and boost, no problem here.
But post a pix of your setup. it could be the fan no blowing right or ac system under charge.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Update guys, so I replace the fan that goes on the condenser,and I drove home today and it didn't over heat, so I hope hope that don't give me any more problems because I was staring getting disappointed. Thanks guys for the help, should I change the thermostat anyways or just leave it alone?