Notices

help on moroso catch can install. can i get rid of this sensor

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default help on moroso catch can install. can i get rid of this sensor

i want to remove the 2 plugs on the back of the black so i can run line to the catch can. but for obd0 blocks the for the left instead of having the alen plug there is a sensor there. i was obd0 but now i have converted to obd 1 running a p28 with a hondata s100. am i still reading that sensor?? can i just take it out and let the connector hang and run both lines to the catch can??
Old 04-06-2006, 09:48 AM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: help on moroso catch can install. can i get rid of this sensor (riceball777)

that sensor if i remember is an oil temp sensor? i could be wrong, but it isnt needed. just take it out.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: help on moroso catch can install. can i get rid of this sensor (riceball777)

bump cuz i would also like to know. i removed it but im not sure if i still need the sensor or not. does anyone know what size socket to use to remove that plug? i removed the sensor but i dont have a big enough socket for that plug. please let me know so i can go and buy the right socket. thanks
Old 04-06-2006, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ic. i know that only obd0 block have this sensor and all the never block have it pluged. now there i'm obd1 i can take out the sensor run my both catch can lines and the ecu wont throw a code correct??
Old 04-06-2006, 10:06 AM
Mr. Badwrench

it isnt an input. if i remember, it is for an oil temp light not a sensor input to the ecu. i dont have my helms in front of me, but i will look when i get home.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help on moroso catch can install. can i get rid of this sensor (boostedcivicsir)

it looks like the knock sensor but I could be wrong........ the are normally up higher on the block..... but if you are running hondata then you are probably not running the knock sensor anyway so I say take it out
Old 04-06-2006, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help on moroso catch can install. can i get rid of this sensor (BoostedEG6)

no its not the knock sensor. the knock sensor is on the top of the block right of the upper alternator bracket. and no i do not have a nock sensor because i'm running a p28 ecu. and no its not for the low oil pressure light thats the sensor right to the right of it. the oil light sensor is the one ppl t off for oil feed to a turbo , vtec head or a gauge. i'm talking about the sensor that is circiled in red, which 92+ blocks do not have and have a plug in place.
ppl remove the 2 plugs on the block to evape the crank case and runlines to a catch can.
i already removed the right plug and pluged the breather box hole with the z10 freeze plug but i need to know if i can remove the left sensor for a catch can line with out throwing a ecu code. i just recentely converted from obd0 to obd1. does the p28 ecu support this sensor and will anything happen if i remove it.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:53 AM
Mr. Badwrench

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/d...ch=no

part number 32. is a temp sensor. you do not need it.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:48 AM

Default Re: help on moroso catch can install. can i get rid of this sensor (boostedcivicsir)

I believe you do need this. Its the coolant fan switch.

You can remove it if you get a OBD-1 Thermostat housing.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:17 PM
official honda whore

Default Re: help on moroso catch can install. can i get rid of this sensor (Doodoo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Doodoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I believe you do need this. Its the coolant fan switch.

You can remove it if you get a OBD-1 Thermostat housing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i believe thats about as accurate as you can get, i was in this same situation with my obd0 block
Old 04-06-2006, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help on moroso catch can install. can i get rid of this sensor (Doodoo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Doodoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I believe you do need this. Its the coolant fan switch.

You can remove it if you get a OBD-1 Thermostat housing.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-06-2006, 02:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how many terminals inside the sensor? almost looks like someone got creative and tapped that for a knock sensor.. if it only has 1 terminal it prolly is a knock sensor.. another option to tapping the alt. bracket bolt hole..

the temp sensor ya'll are refering to looks totally diff. than what the thread starter posted. I have seen the temp sensor it has 2 exposed round terminals..
Old 04-06-2006, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: R.I.P Brian Arbogast...you will be missed, maryland, USA

You can remove it if you get a OBD-1 Thermostat housing.</TD></TR></TABLE>thats not what it is. i know it has something to do with oil cause if you take it out you will see oil on it. the fan swith is up alittle higher and to the right and has 2 gold legs coming off it. but its not on the motor in the pick.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i thought the knock sensor was the one wire thing right beside the thing he circled correct me if im wrong please. And where did you say your allready running your other catch can line?
Old 04-06-2006, 03:27 PM

It is the Thermo Switch it turns the fan on and off when the coolant get hot and cold. You can remove it and turn your fans on and off via a thoggle switch or if you had a standalone hook it to one of the aux outputs.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1QwIkEf &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats not what it is. i know it has something to do with oil cause if you take it out you will see oil on it. the fan swith is up alittle higher and to the right and has 2 gold legs coming off it. but its not on the motor in the pick.</TD></TR></TABLE>

u are correct about the switch and what it looks like.. ...that big plug is for the oil galley return/drian..no oil pressure just drain from the head to oil pan. its just a plug .

Modified by black98gsr-t at 8:14 PM 4/6/2006
Old 04-06-2006, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have the same sensor in my block [had]. It is the fan switch for the AC. When it gets hot enough it kicks on the ac fan. You can get rid of it.

It is the ac fan switch. [period]

Jeese when i started a thread on this there were like a million people all with wrong answers. Least this thread went a lil better.

*NOTE*: I think your IACV is hooked up wrong, those fittings on the waterpipe go to the oil cooler
Old 04-06-2006, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help on moroso catch can install. can i get rid of this sensor (black98gsr-t)

I am still putting my money on Knock sensor........ if you look at his therm housing it has a OBD1 temp sensor on it already(the brownish plug)......
Old 04-06-2006, 04:12 PM

Default Re: help on moroso catch can install. can i get rid of this sensor (BoostedEG6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedEG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am still putting my money on Knock sensor........ if you look at his therm housing it has a OBD1 temp sensor on it already(the brownish plug)......</TD></TR></TABLE>

Knock is 1 wire
I dont remember what the sensor is, (I am pretty sure its a fan switch?) but as long as you have a fan switch in your thermostat housing from a newer shortblock, then you dont need the sensor
Old 04-06-2006, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<FONT SIZE="7">IT IS THE AC FAN SWITCH!!!!!!</FONT>

why are people still posting with guesses?

see this:

read this:
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1428107

not trying to be a bitch, just want people to get the facts straight.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i just checked alldata online and u are correct turbotime .. werid *** da tegs have all kinds of stupid things.. the thread creater should have said it was a da teg.. it says "oil temp.switch (usa with ac)".... i be damned i learned me something new ...

i read your link so thats how i discovered its a DA..
Old 04-06-2006, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help on moroso catch can install. can i get rid of this sensor (mtber)

that sensor on an obd0 motor is the fan switch........
Old 04-06-2006, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sign so much mis information on this thread
no its not the fan switch
the fan switch on ond0 blocks has 2 prongs and is right left of the green sensor where the empty hole is? the green sensor is for oil!!!! and is a oil temp sensor of some sort.

i need to know if i can take it out so i can fun the fitting to my catch can
Old 04-06-2006, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dude you can take it out...

see 2 posts up, its in huge bold lettering and there is also a link to back it up

:sigh:
Old 04-06-2006, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turbotime)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbotime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude you can take it out...

see 2 posts up, its in huge bold lettering and there is also a link to back it up

:sigh:</TD></TR></TABLE>
thanks

Quick Reply: help on moroso catch can install. can i get rid of this sensor