Notices

Help!!! Does anyone have any pictures of drag gen 3 install?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2002, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! Does anyone have any pictures of drag gen 3 install?

i've just purchased a drag gen 3 kit for my b16a2 engine 92-95 civic hb, as i'm in the UK, not many people boost, therefore i'm gonna install it myself. The problem i have is where does each vacum pipe connect to as i dont know which is which? and also any pics of where and how to put on the oil line?

i've also purcahsed the ultra j&s, is this sufficient to boost safely??
Old 07-04-2002, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help!!! Does anyone have any pictures of drag gen 3 install? (fiaz79)

Here is dustin's pix of his gsr install. http://imglib.************/index.cgi?cmd=viewcat&id=1 Its pretty much the same. What do you mean vacuum pipe? The intercooler pipes or the vacuum lines?
Old 07-05-2002, 03:58 AM

Default Re: Help!!! Does anyone have any pictures of drag gen 3 install? (Etylorcen)

there are some vacum pipes with the kit, the hks ssbov also has a nozzle on top, where do i connect it to? and finally, i have a vague idea of the intercooler pipes but still not sure which pipes connects to the correct one? any ideas?
Old 07-05-2002, 05:49 AM
New User

Default Re: Help!!! Does anyone have any pictures of drag gen 3 install? (fiaz79)

Also, try checking out overboost.com Drag Turbo install article http://overboost.com/story.asp?id=57
Old 07-06-2002, 07:13 AM

Default Re: Help!!! Does anyone have any pictures of drag gen 3 install? (lshatchturbo)

At current i have a superchip on the ecu, and i must require a stock ecu. it's difficult to get hold of another ecu from a 3dr, but will a stock 4dr saloon ecu do the job? i also have the the J&S ultra safeguard for my timing, but is the fuel pump and fmu with the kit suffiecient at 7psi boost? or can i stick with the ecu superchipped?
Old 07-06-2002, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

At current i have a superchip on the ecu, and i must require a stock ecu. it's difficult to get hold of another ecu from a 3dr, but will a stock 4dr saloon ecu do the job? i also have the the J&S ultra safeguard for my timing, but is the fuel pump and fmu with the kit suffiecient at 7psi boost? or can i stick with the ecu superchipped?
Yeah the inline pump and fmu is fine for 7 psi. there should be about 3 vacuum sources you need to worry about: wastegate, blow off valve, and fmu....I have all mine tee'd into the fuel pressure regulator line, and it works fin.

Make sure that you get you bov line as close to the intake manifold as you can, even better would be to have your bov have it's own vac source.
Old 07-06-2002, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help!!! Does anyone have any pictures of drag gen 3 install? (SlowB16)

I think that it uld be better to have a stock computer with the turbo, but I THINK that it would work without it as well, but not sure about that. Also, the J&S is nice, but at 7 psi you dont really need it I wouldnt think. But if it is already purchased then keep it in.
Old 07-07-2002, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Help!!! Does anyone have any pictures of drag gen 3 install? (SlowB16)

hey, thanx for your help!, the drag kit is here but i'm alittle unsure or scared of making it a mess, though it seems straighforward, i just dont want to come across any probs. have you also got a civic b16a 3dr with boost? how's it running?