Notices

Help changing oil feed line, pressure reducer, T's off of the block, etc

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2002, 05:33 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help changing oil feed line, pressure reducer, T's off of the block, etc

I have a Greddy kit on a '99 Civic Si. Currently I have two T's off of the block, 1 for the oil pressure switch and then 1 for my autometer oil pressure sender. I've heard from various sources such as this article here http://www.theoldone.com/articles/oilpressure/ that it's bad to run a brass T directly off the block because there's a possibility for it to break, so I'm planning on switching my setup so that it's like the one in that article. I plan to run a stainless line from the block over to a T for the feed line & oil pressure switch which i'll zip-tie to the firewall somewhere. I'm getting the Greddy Grex oil filter sandwich adapter for my oil pressure & temp senders so I'll no longer need the oil pressure sender in the feed line.

Can i just buy a -4AN line with 1/8" NPT ends? Do i have to make my own using a line & ends from anplumbing.com ?
I understand that the threads on the block are 1/8" BSPT and that the 1/8" NPT won't thread directly in there. What does the greddy kit do about this? I had a shop do my install so I don't know much about what the greddy kit does. Hell, after reading posts here, I bet I know more about most of you guys' oil feed & return setups than I know about my own! I'm probably gonna buy that Z10 BSPT->NPT adapter..

Also, I'd like to add some sort of pressure restrictor here to increase the length of my turbo's life. I've read the post about the HKS restrictor that goes directly on the turbo; can I fit this part on my mitsubishi turbo (TD05) or is it only made for garrett or turbonetics etc? If not, then what else can I do?

Does anyone know what size the oil feed & return lines are on the greddy kit? I'm curious...

thanks
-Xerxes
Old 01-16-2002, 06:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Help changing oil feed line, pressure reducer, T's off of the block, etc (Xerxes)

For the BPT to NPT adapter (or whatever the foreign threads are called BSPT mayber), go get the sunpro kit at autozone in the performance products section. It's for hooking gauges up, so look around that stuff. There are about 7 different adapters in there. One is the exact one you need, and the entire kit is around or under 5 bucks.

I personally have never heard of anyone other than that article that everone seems to post all of the time worrying about the Ts breaking off, although 2 T's is a lot of wieght. On the other hand I personnaly find 90% of the stuff on too's site to be garbage that makes sense on paper, but never happens or makes no difference in real life. Again, my opinion.

This link might help you if you haven't already checked it out...
http://www.geocities.com/crxls18/index.html

Basically I just wanted to tell you about the sunpro adapter to save you the trouble and money that comes with ordering one.