Notices

heard things about oil squirting onto crankshaft??? someone correct me.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 05:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heard things about oil squirting onto crankshaft??? someone correct me.

I recently went to a garage telling them that its fairly simple to install a turbo kit on a b16a2.
He told me its far from easy as he had probs with the oil line going into the oil pan.

I said just install the nipple at the right height.

He said if you install it flat, the oil will squirt all over the crankshaft and then your car will f*ck up.
And he said you have to install the nipple at the correct angle so its shooting into the bottom of the pan and not horizontally to the crank.

What do people have to say about this? and what did you do?
Old 07-06-2006, 05:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: heard things about oil squirting onto crankshaft??? someone correct me. (J1A1H)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J1A1H &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I recently went to a garage telling them that its fairly simple to install a turbo kit on a b16a2.
He told me its far from easy as he had probs with the oil line going into the oil pan.

I said just install the nipple at the right height.

He said if you install it flat, the oil will squirt all over the crankshaft and then your car will f*ck up.
And he said you have to install the nipple at the correct angle so its shooting into the bottom of the pan and not horizontally to the crank.

What do people have to say about this? and what did you do?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I say take it to another shop that actually knows what the hell they are doing.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: heard things about oil squirting onto crankshaft??? someone correct me. (J1A1H)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J1A1H &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I recently went to a garage telling them that its fairly simple to install a turbo kit on a b16a2.
He told me its far from easy as he had probs with the oil line going into the oil pan.</TD></TR></TABLE>

contradiction much??

take your car elsewhere. these people dont have a clue what they're talking about.