Notices

Has anyone in Virginia seen this Supra?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2003, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Has anyone in Virginia seen this Supra?

My friend saw it at a track in Virginia. He thinks it ran 7.8 @ 165??? The turbo seems a little small, though.

It was his first time at a track and he ran his white RX7 against a yellow Ferrari F355 and stupidly let off before the end of the 1/4 mi... He still beat it, though.
Old 06-28-2003, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone in Virginia seen this Supra? (The Dude)

It's probably so fast because it has no mass and is 2 dimensional.....

I imagine you'll get a resounding no on this one.
Old 06-28-2003, 09:15 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The Dude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

My friend saw it at a track in Virginia. He thinks it ran 7.8 @ 165??? The turbo seems a little small, though.

It was his first time at a track and he ran his white RX7 against a yellow Ferrari F355 and stupidly let off before the end of the 1/4 mi... He still beat it, though.</TD></TR></TABLE>
8.70@165mph maybe, Paul Efantis?
Old 06-28-2003, 09:19 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeh thats efantis. Fastest time @ a sanctioned event is 8.39 @ 16X. Maybe its gone faster on a practice run but no where near 7's. not on the radials at least. not yet

oh, and the dude, are u into the big Labowski? just curious
Old 06-28-2003, 09:25 PM

Default Re: Has anyone in Virginia seen this Supra? (Boostfed)

MSP Motorsport Performance Supra
Worlds quickest street supra
8.76@158
Titan is barely trailing this guy with a recorded 8.9@163. I'm pretty sure theyre still using the factory 6spd though. This guy uses an auto tranny I believe was built by SP, not 100% sure on whether hes running the SP tranny though, I am sure he is using an auto tranny though. Titan could probably top him if they switched trannys out. If this guy ran a 7.8, he'd be all over the place, your friend might want to get his eyes checked if he misread by that much.
Old 06-28-2003, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

is thats the MSP car running the Y2K turbo?
Old 06-28-2003, 09:41 PM

Default Re: Has anyone in Virginia seen this Supra? (ReVtecSi)

Damn that's one quick car!
Old 06-28-2003, 09:53 PM
Smarter than you

Default Re: Has anyone in Virginia seen this Supra? (ibcadl)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ibcadl &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">MSP Motorsport Performance Supra
Worlds quickest street supra
8.76@158
Titan is barely trailing this guy with a recorded 8.9@163. I'm pretty sure theyre still using the factory 6spd though. This guy uses an auto tranny I believe was built by SP, not 100% sure on whether hes running the SP tranny though, I am sure he is using an auto tranny though. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't qoute me on this but the SP engineering "beefed up auto tranny" is just a chevy T350 and has an adapter made for it to work on the supra. anyhow, Efantis is running a 2spd powerglide, making 1300whp and wieghs in a lil over 3100lbs. Titan is making about 150 less and wieghs like 2900.
Old 06-28-2003, 10:03 PM
New User

Default Re: Has anyone in Virginia seen this Supra? (ibcadl)

Actually he's running an ATI 3-Speed turbo 350 tranny. And the only real likeness to a "streetcar" is it weighs 3300 pounds. But if you have to cut a hole in your hood because the turbo won't fit, it's not a streetcar IMHO. And Titan made the switch to a Powerglide in an attempt to be competitive, maybe they'll catch up on points?

Kurt-
Old 06-28-2003, 10:10 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: Has anyone in Virginia seen this Supra? (10secondr33)

He ran an 8.39 this past weekend on Drag Radials!!

art
Old 06-28-2003, 11:45 PM

Default Re: Has anyone in Virginia seen this Supra? (Arturbo)

turbo likey, turbo want wingey
Old 06-29-2003, 12:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Has anyone in Virginia seen this Supra? (lazerus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lazerus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">turbo likey, turbo want wingey</TD></TR></TABLE>

"Hell, I'll take a **** in a box and mark it guaranteed if it makes you feel better"

Great movie....badass car

Modified by Kwuaymaikrup at 1:22 AM 6/29/2003
Old 06-29-2003, 07:20 AM

yeha I have seen that car before.I seen it at MIR a last week....also did anyone see the all motor teg run a 9.99 ?
Old 06-29-2003, 08:26 AM
New User

Default Re: (Silverhatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Silverhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeha I have seen that car before.I seen it at MIR a last week....also did anyone see the all motor teg run a 9.99 ?</TD></TR></TABLE>
That was not an All Motor Integra that ran a 9.99 it was a 92-95 Civic Coupe ALL MOTOR car owned and driven by Erick Aguilar.
Old 06-29-2003, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Has anyone in Virginia seen this Supra? (DIRepTial)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DIRepTial &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeh thats efantis. Fastest time @ a sanctioned event is 8.39 @ 16X. Maybe its gone faster on a practice run but no where near 7's. not on the radials at least. not yet

oh, and the dude, are u into the big Labowski? just curious</TD></TR></TABLE>

He wasn't too sure about the time, but has quite a bit of unedited video and played part of the tape where Efantis ran 8.6 @ 166, so he probably got an 8.7 and 7.8 mixed up from another run. Remember, we're talking about the same guy who let off before the end of the 1/4 because he thought the race was over! I can't rip on him too much because I've never drag raced before and his reaction time on the first run was .55, which is good so he tells me.

Yeah, The Big Labowski is a great movie! I say dude a lot and my friends call me dude, so the name just fit. Fast Times at Ridgemont High is another one of my favorites, but you guys probably don't know who Spiccoli is, so I didn't take that name. BTW, I've always wondered what exactly is a "DIRep?"
Old 06-29-2003, 10:25 AM
Smarter than you

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The Dude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

He wasn't too sure about the time, but has quite a bit of unedited video and played part of the tape where Efantis ran 8.6 @ 166, so he probably got an 8.7 and 7.8 mixed up from another run. Remember, we're talking about the same guy who let off before the end of the 1/4 because he thought the race was over! I can't rip on him too much because I've never drag raced before and his reaction time on the first run was .55, which is good so he tells me.

Yeah, The Big Labowski is a great movie! I say dude a lot and my friends call me dude, so the name just fit. Fast Times at Ridgemont High is another one of my favorites, but you guys probably don't know who Spiccoli is, so I didn't take that name. BTW, I've always wondered what exactly is a "DIRep?"</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha. ok, i thought u might have got ur name from the movie. as for "DIRep" its an ancronym from about 5 yrs ago. id change it, but ive had it too long.
Old 06-29-2003, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/alp...iew=t

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/alp...iew=t
Old 06-29-2003, 10:44 AM
New User

Yeah, The Big Labowski is a great movie! I say dude a lot and my friends call me dude, so the name just fit. Fast Times at Ridgemont High is another one of my favorites, but you guys probably don't know who Spiccoli is, so I didn't take that name. BTW, I've always wondered what exactly is a "DIRep?"</TD></TR></TABLE>

Who the hell doesn't know Spiccoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High? Kinda funny story is I know this weedhead who is about 22 years old and he had never seen it until I told him to go rent it. "If you're here and I'm here wouldn't that be OUR time Mr. Hand?" LOL
Old 06-29-2003, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, The Big Labowski is a great movie! </TD></TR></TABLE>

I was referring to Tommy Boy.....as I believe Lazerus was. But yes the Big Labowski is also a great movie
Old 06-29-2003, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Has anyone in Virginia seen this Supra? (DIRepTial)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">haha. ok, i thought u might have got ur name from the movie.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL, I did get it from the movie, but the other part is true as well! Otherwise I would've just been plain "Dude."

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Who the hell doesn't know Spiccoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High? Kinda funny story is I know this weedhead who is about 22 years old and he had never seen it until I told him to go rent it. "If you're here and I'm here wouldn't that be OUR time Mr. Hand?" LOL</TD></TR></TABLE>

"I see nothing wrong with a little feast on our time."...Believe it or not, there are people who have been deprived of great films like this and only know video game special effects movies like that crap George Lucas just put out and attached the name Star Wars to...or gross stunts in the movie Jackass like eating a **** snow cone and sticking things up their ***. I swear those guys are gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I have to admit, quite a bit of it was hilarious though.

Kwuaymaikrup, DIRep asked me a question about my screen name and if I got it from The Big Labowski. That's why I mentioned that movie. What's wrong with you? Did you eat a lot of paint chips when you were a kid?

0x64, are those your pics? If you were at the show, did you see my friend race the yellow Ferrari? I love the sound of those cars. I can't wait to see the video. Thanks for the links!