Notices

H22A Swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22A Swap

Posted this in the EG/Civic forum but not getting much response so trying here...

I have done some searching around on here and my specific question about the swap doesn't seem to be addressed, well multiple questions actually.
So Here we go....

1: Do people have a lot of success with making these street legal and daily driveable? If I do one I am going to want to run it low compression and boosted so whats the success rate?

2: I saw a post by Poison that had some wiring stuff and what not that would need to be changed. Is there anywhere that I can find a complete list for my car of changes/modifications to wiring, motor mounts, and what not? I already know axles are a big pain so custom axels are already planned on.

3: I have heard of a new bracket that will make it possible to keep the A/C with the H22 in a civic but does this go for boosted ones as well? And does this also include keeping power steering?

4: I am sure I can answer my own question but is 91 octane pump gas still going to do it for me?

5: Is there anythign else that I should be concerned with that I am not thinking about?

Thanks a ton guys

Old 02-24-2003, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H22A Swap (UtahRockabilly)

1: Do people have a lot of success with making these street legal and daily driveable? If I do one I am going to want to run it low compression and boosted so whats the success rate?
Street legal and daily driven is easily attainable. There are a few guys in this forum alone that do that. As for suspension, some stiffer springs up front should balance things out. But don't expect to be an autox champ with this setup.

2: I saw a post by Poison that had some wiring stuff and what not that would need to be changed. Is there anywhere that I can find a complete list for my car of changes/modifications to wiring, motor mounts, and what not? I already know axles are a big pain so custom axels are already planned on.
This forum is your biggest resource when it comes to this hybrid platform. The answers can be found by searching the archives, as MANY MANY people will tell you soon enough.

3: I have heard of a new bracket that will make it possible to keep the A/C with the H22 in a civic but does this go for boosted ones as well? And does this also include keeping power steering?
You're going to have to be creative. You'll definitely need a "log" type turbo manifold to keep things as close to the block as possible. Then you have to watch your DP size and whatnot. It "CAN" be done...but like I said, you'll have to get creative.

4: I am sure I can answer my own question but is 91 octane pump gas still going to do it for me?
With turbo? As long as you tune and boost it conservatively. (obviously 20+psi is impossible with 91 octane water)

5: Is there anythign else that I should be concerned with that I am not thinking about?
Yea, put your flamesuit on...and use the search! The search is your FRIEND! (Remember to set the search to ARCHIVES, not only recent topics)

BTW, Google is a great search engine as well...there is even more sites out there with this info.

Thanks a ton guys

[/QUOTE]
Old 02-24-2003, 01:52 PM

Default Re: H22A Swap (98CTRCoupe)

I did use the search function on here and I got a lot of people selling parts and people posting pics but not a lot of the technical information I am looking for.
Old 02-24-2003, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

About axles

Another H22 swap post

Another post concerning suspension stuff

Type "H22 swap" in the Search, and set it to ARCHIVE. You'll get tons of stuff. Want me to hold your hand too?
Old 02-24-2003, 02:15 PM

Default Re: H22A Swap (98CTRCoupe)

One thing I will never understand is why people are such condencending ****** on here ESPECIALLY this forum. Isn't this a place where you can ask a question and get an answer and have people help you get pointed in the right direction? Did you have to be a ***** no you could have said use the archive function which I was not aware of. This is why I avoid the FI forum and wouldn't have ventured in here were it not for the 0 response I got in the EG/Civic forum.
Old 02-24-2003, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't bicker at people because they crack a joke at you.

He found several archived posts about your subject.

I don't see how any of your questions pertain to FI except for 1 out of the 15,000 you just asked. They best place to find hybrid info is the hybrid forum, it's few links down from the FI forum.

some people don't see the archived or recent thread selector in the search page, I don't blame them, but some other people jsut don't know what to type in. Tey look for "h22 swap" answers and type in "CTR cams"