Notices

H22 Turbo w/ P06 Need Help!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 04:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22 Turbo w/ P06 Need Help!?!?!

I have a H22 with a Garrett T3/T4 .63a/r turbo, Precision 880cc, GM 3bar map sensor, Walbro 255lph, Supertech head, Peakboost mani dp dt, yada yada yada.....

The issue I'm having is with my phearable chipped and socketed P06 ecu which was accommodated to my setup by John @ phearable. I tried starting it up with the P06 and it wouldn't start right up, and when it did it had a hard time holding a steady idle and would eventually die. While trying to hold idle, it ran VERY rich (black smoke, backfiring, etc). Another key thing I noticed was that the throttle respose was way off at idle, or wasn't even there. So I sent it back to phearable to get a new (slightly leaner) basemap to control those 880s to get it to the tuner. When I received it back it did the same thing! No check engine light appeared on both basemaps however.

I tried the old P13 ecu in there (with the 880s & then with the stock injectors), and it started right up. It idles fine and runs somewhat decent enough to get to the tuner. I'm not understanding what's the problem? I'm at a lost here...

I'm not sure if this helps, but I have a 1992 H23A1 chassis w/ H22 motor. Would that throw off the wiring diagram connection with the P06 ecu?

I just want to get this damn thing tuned

Any insight?
Old 08-08-2007, 05:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H22 Turbo w/ P06 Need Help!?!?! (Mr.60trim)

put the stock ECU and injectors in the car, and go dirve it (out of boost) to gewt a atune.

John probably didnt scale the injectors for the 880's so it runs to rich, good way to wash out rings on a fresh build.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H22 Turbo w/ P06 Need Help!?!?! (93supercoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93supercoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">put the stock ECU and injectors in the car, and go dirve it (out of boost) to gewt a atune.

John probably didnt scale the injectors for the 880's so it runs to rich, good way to wash out rings on a fresh build.</TD></TR></TABLE>
This is what I have plan to do as of now. I actually have the stock ecu & injectors in there now. I'm just thinking however, should I bring the new ecu to the tuner before the appointment and have him make a new basemap? Or should I just go withthe stock ecu & injector plan? The way that I'm looking at it is when I get to the tuner, I'm going to have to swap out the old injectors & ecu with the new.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump for more input...
Old 08-08-2007, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mr.60trim)

bring your ecu to ur tuner and tell him to burn you a base map for your setup so you can bring him your car to be tuned. If anything, while you have ur ecu there im sure your tuner could see if its the ecu by testing it on another vehical. This may save you from going through the hassel of swaping your injectors and what not.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i would do what the other guy suggested. put the stock ecu and injectors back in and pull the wastegate spring out drive it really easy to the tuner.

the reason why the car wont idle on the phearable chip is because he cant set your injector battery offset without having the car. you should have just bought a chipped ecu and brought that to the tuner with the car. i have seen many people having problems with the phearable chips and others are ok with them.

It is impossible to make a basemap for a car with 880cc injectors without being able to see what the voltage looks like at the ecu with the car running. i tuned a car with 880cc pte and it took hours to tune it because the injectors were so big.

good luck with it.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ProjectXaccord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ProjectXaccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i would do what the other guy suggested. put the stock ecu and injectors back in and pull the wastegate spring out drive it really easy to the tuner.

the reason why the car wont idle on the phearable chip is because he cant set your injector battery offset without having the car. you should have just bought a chipped ecu and brought that to the tuner with the car. i have seen many people having problems with the phearable chips and others are ok with them.

It is impossible to make a basemap for a car with 880cc injectors without being able to see what the voltage looks like at the ecu with the car running. i tuned a car with 880cc pte and it took hours to tune it because the injectors were so big.

good luck with it. </TD></TR></TABLE>
I appreciate the help a lot man