Notices

GSR Turbo ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GSR Turbo ??

I was just curious as to what kind of set ups some of you guys are running. I'm for the most part an all motor guy but atm have a gsr set up for boost. low compression, just about all internals, etc.

This will be my first turbo build. PLEASE HELP
any info would be greatly appreciated!

WHERE DO I START ??

thanks,
Old 04-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GSR Turbo ??

Get your flame suit on. Search will be your friend. When you read all the information you can find and have a particular question, then go ahead and ask it, but your probably not gonna get a lot of help by just asking what to do since it's been asked so many times. Take care.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:32 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Start right up at the top in the FAQ section. you won't be sorry
Old 04-08-2009, 10:41 PM
New User

I also have the same question I got a gsr and had bought a turbo kit for it but the only problem I'm having is what other parts do i have to replace or change out before i go and install turbo. I mean can't i just install the turbo and drive everything on the engine is stock and i was told before i got turbo i needed to replace something but i couldn't understand the guy? so any help would do?.....I'm new to turbo
Old 04-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have a turbod dc2 gsr i bought it like that but ive had every thing apart and back together it had a blown head gasket and blowby so i re ringed it and redid the head. but all i have is forged alluminum pistions for internals you could run boost on total stock internals just keep your boost low like below 10 i run 7 to be safe but id be safe up to 12. you might want to get injectors and you deffinantly a tune a good one. keep your boost down and you should be fine. it also depends on how many miles you have on your engine. well i hope this helps you oh and you will fall inlove with turbo as soon as you drive it
Old 04-09-2009, 03:40 AM
New User

hey thanks turboteg7 another question my engine is a 95 or so b18c1 what kind of stock injectors do i have on the engine or how can i find out what type of injectors i need to run with turbo?
Old 04-09-2009, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by Rooftop voter
Get your flame suit on. Search will be your friend. When you read all the information you can find and have a particular question, then go ahead and ask it, but your probably not gonna get a lot of help by just asking what to do since it's been asked so many times. Take care.
very well put. Im not going to be a d!ck about it but like he said you have to do research yourself. Nothings going to b handed to you, you have to search and read. i could write for hours on what to do. Friend said to me about a month ago since im new to the honda scene " if you dont know how to wrench then read and read some more". Two very good links to start from. http://www.beesandgoats.com/boostfaq/g2icturbo.html
http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto.php;)
Old 04-09-2009, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by turboteg7
i have a turbod dc2 gsr i bought it like that but ive had every thing apart and back together it had a blown head gasket and blowby so i re ringed it and redid the head. but all i have is forged alluminum pistions for internals you could run boost on total stock internals just keep your boost low like below 10 i run 7 to be safe but id be safe up to 12. you might want to get injectors and you deffinantly a tune a good one. keep your boost down and you should be fine. it also depends on how many miles you have on your engine. well i hope this helps you oh and you will fall inlove with turbo as soon as you drive it
One thing to add to this its NOT about how much pounds you run its the amount of hp that matters. U should b safe around 325whp if you have someone who knows what their doing. Mine was tuned by inline pro for 343whp but i also have a mild built head and a thicker head gasket to lower the compression alittle.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well trust me i know how to wrench haha. my gsr right now has skunk 2 cams, skunk 2 cam gears, 550 cc RC injectors, 6 puck act racing clutch, the whole bottom end was rebuilt with je low compression pistons, je piston rings, eagle rods, new bearings, ls tranny etc. it's just like i said, i'm an all motor guy and i'm not sure exactly sure where to even start for the turbo set up. was just looking for some help, not a hassle. but thanks anyways

but if any of you other guys can offer any help
thanks,
Old 04-09-2009, 10:07 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

I'm not kidding.. that FAQ section is very well put together. It provides a list of all that you're going to need for the build depending upon your hp goal. its not just BS yelling about rules. it's very informative. check it out. This is for everyone that was asking questions about GS-R turbos.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
I'm not kidding.. that FAQ section is very well put together. It provides a list of all that you're going to need for the build depending upon your hp goal. its not just BS yelling about rules. it's very informative. check it out. This is for everyone that was asking questions about GS-R turbos.
You want answers then do what Mac says ^^^.

You are pushing your luck and people will start to get pissy if you continue. Read the faq's. They have so much information for you. It will boggle your mind, really. Take a look then if you have a question, do a search and you will likely find your answer. If you don't then ask and I'm sure someone will assist you. GL.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...ight=turbo+gsr