Notices

GSR-T is finally done!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GSR-T is finally done!

My turbo setup is finally complete. I drove the car for the first time today

I've had some problems during the buildup. I've had some great help and advice from a bunch of members on board. FrcfedIntegra (ahren) and Boosted DC2 (Landon) are the few that have been there in person to shed their knowledge and help. Landon actually got the car going today but figuring out that I had a map sensor wire cut from when someone unwired my VAFC and forgot to put the **** back together (this caused about 3 weeks of downtime, while I replaced everything possible to figure out the problem). Now its finally on the road, its very smooth and feels great.

As of today I was running the stock injectors with a chipped basemap from Phiz just with some ugpraded fuel pressure. However, I have some RC 550cc's in the garage and Im going to slap those on tomorrow and use the other chip he made for me on those until the car is tuned. The highest I got the car up to today on the stock injectors was maybe 4k rpms, never went WOT, maybe 75% just to get on it a bit and hear the bov for the first time ( ). I still have no dumptube for my wastegate so I don't want to hit full boost and kick the **** out of my radiator. Hopefully I can figure out a contraption to cover the radiator for when I get the car street tuned on thursday (phiz tuned, uberdata is the engine management). Because I don't think my dumptube is going to get here until friday at the earliest. So, if anyone has any suggestions on what to do about that please let me know.

As far as everything else. Im so incredibly happy that I can barely think. The sound of the turbo/exhaust/bov is just awesome. I can't wait to finally go WOT and see how it pulls (possibly tomorrow, phiz told me to feel out the basemap and see how it feels with the 550's). But I won't go anywhere near redline, I just may go full boost for 1k or so then let go with a smile. It all depends on how I feel. Im really safe about things so I may just wait till its tuned rather then push my luck.

Ill have dyno numbers/reactions when I get back from the tune. Ill also post some pics of my car....well thanks for listening, im just really ****** happy right now about the whole thing. for everyone who helped me. Ill make a thread of nearly everyone of you once I post up the pics and everything. The list is long but I feel the need to point things out when help is there.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GSR-T is finally done! (patdemps)

good stuff man, if you have a/c be carefull w/o that dumptube....i blew an a/c line because it sat too close, its still isn't working . Goodluck w/ the tuning
Old 05-25-2004, 08:48 PM

Default Re: GSR-T is finally done! (B18Flip)

thanks.

ac and power steering are no more '

here is my setup: stock b18c1

precision sc34, inline pro mani, skunk2 IM, 38mm tial wastegate .5 bar, greddy type r bov, revhard piping and downpipe, spearco fmic, rc 550cc saturated injectors, walbro 255 fuel pump, dual centerforce clutch, unorthodox underdrive pulley, fidanza flywheel.....boosting at 7.5psi and ill stay there. not running a boost controller. not until i build it up this winter coming up will i raise the boost. going for a conservative tune. not sure what ill push out...hopefully around 250whp +/-
Old 05-25-2004, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice setup, you'll make some good power...i've seen almost that same setup make 316whp at only 10psi
Old 05-26-2004, 04:55 AM

Default Re: GSR-T is finally done! (B18Flip)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18Flip &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nice setup, you'll make some good power...i've seen almost that same setup make 316whp at only 10psi</TD></TR></TABLE>

that'd be very nice for next year when I slap on some eagle rods/arp head studs/cp pistons
Old 05-26-2004, 04:59 AM

Congrats, now let see some numbers
Old 05-26-2004, 06:43 AM

Default Re: GSR-T is finally done! (FOrSfEd)

Wow Pat what can I say but Congratulations You came along way, I mean guys this guy went from a 200 hp all motor setup, and completely went the other direction to do this. He put a ton of research into this project and then alot of time.

Pat i wish I could see the look on your face the first time you hit full boost

Keep us informed I want to see some #'s

Old 05-26-2004, 06:54 AM

Default Re: GSR-T is finally done! (quikB18B)

were's the pics
Old 05-26-2004, 06:59 AM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats man. where the pics?
Old 05-26-2004, 06:59 AM

Default Re: GSR-T is finally done! (quikB18B)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quikB18B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow Pat what can I say but Congratulations You came along way, I mean guys this guy went from a 200 hp all motor setup, and completely went the other direction to do this. He put a ton of research into this project and then alot of time.

Pat i wish I could see the look on your face the first time you hit full boost

Keep us informed I want to see some #'s

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks Iggy. But you know just as well as I do that this wouldn't have been possible if you wouldn't have helped me every step of the way. Whether it was telling me everything I need or who to get it from. You helped me a ton, I probably would have stayed all motor if it wasn't for you.....props to you

I can't wait to hit full boost. But I have the patience to wait for the tune first, I mean how couldn't I.....I waited about 6-7 months for the entire setup to be done (tranny, head, turbo kit).

Now its just a day away from being fully tuned. Ill get pics up as soon as I get my hands on my girlfriends digicam
Old 05-26-2004, 01:48 PM

No problem Pat, I knew you had it in you from the start .

You are now officially part of the Dark side, and not to mention your going to become a Turbo snob lol

Welcome
Old 05-26-2004, 02:42 PM

awesome! I been following your posts slowly since day 1... glad to see you're done. How long did it take you to get it all installed once you had the parts? I have most of my parts except for my wideband and silicone reducers for my ic piping... hopefully i wont hae any delays
Old 05-26-2004, 02:46 PM

Default Re: (c2nap)

sounds nice
Old 05-26-2004, 04:54 PM

Default Re: (c2nap)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by c2nap &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">awesome! I been following your posts slowly since day 1... glad to see you're done. How long did it take you to get it all installed once you had the parts? I have most of my parts except for my wideband and silicone reducers for my ic piping... hopefully i wont hae any delays</TD></TR></TABLE>

The installation is pretty easy. Its just it took my setup a while because we had to switch trannies and the head. plus putting all that **** back on. buying new headgasket, etc. Making sure everything was by the book and to spec. It was a long process. The turbo kit is pretty damn easy, especially if everything bolts up perfect. But ill give you this for advice. Expect delays...if they don't happen then you'll be in great shape and if they do happen atleast you'll expect it (it happens). If you have any questions at all Ill do my best to help you out. It was a great learning experience and its a ton of fun. You'll be the happiest person out there when its finally done and you can drive it (me yesterday )

I will tell you one thing. Its hard staying off the damn pedal.