Notices

Greddy Wonders!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy Wonders!

Welcome to forced induction Shane! I just picked up a used Greddy kit with the type 24 intercooler option. The manifold is cracked though, so I need to get a new one/have this weled for the time being, but other than that everything is great. I plan on purchasing zeitronix's wideband, boost, and egt gauge kit, along with a oil pressure and temp gauges. Was wondering if anyone knew if Greddy sells manifolds and or couplers for the charge pipes, or where else i could find them? Also, will i need a fuelpump to run the stock boost? I dont want to run more than 1/2 a bar, i will be streetuning with Uberdata within the next two to three months. I plan on installing the kit in the next two weeks, allowing that all the parts get here within now and then! Woot! Give me your opinion of what I should do.

BTW-i'm also buying a clutch/flywheel combo, anyone seen any great deals lately? I'm currently thinking of an exedy organic and a lightened flywheel (yes i know all about boost and flywheels ) from one of the dist in the sale forums.

(edit--- Manspool)

Old 10-23-2004, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Greddy Wonders! (please.laugh)

"Was wondering if anyone knew if Greddy sells manifolds"

Greddy will sell you anything, but you'll wait forever, and it's not worth the prices they charge. I've "heard" that HKS makes manifolds that will work, but you're probably going to be gouged. If I were in your situation, and just bought the kit, I'd buy an SFP manifold and ditch the external wastegate.

"or couplers for the charge pipes"

Yeah, greddy's couplers quickly change from a nice blue color to grey, and some crack. I upgraded all my Greddy hoses with silicone hoses from turbohoses.com, but they're a ripoff. Good stuff, but way overpriced. hosetechniques.com would be my choice if I did it over again. If you need new clamps that won't destroy your new silicone hose, the best place is partssystems.com.

"Also, will i need a fuelpump to run the stock boost?"

No, but a Walbro 255 is only like $85 or so shipped, and is easy to install yourself.

"I'm currently thinking of an exedy organic and a lightened flywheel"

I can't comment on the lightened flywheel, but I had an exedy organic with the stock Greddy fuel management and it was fine. It chattered sometimes when cold, but held fine. I now have an ACT XTSS that holds more power, has a stiffer pedal, but squeals now and then when starting off from a standstill when hot or in damp weather. It's a great clutch otherwise. I posted questions about both clutch noises long ago, and they're just characteristics of these clutches, much like more obnoxious chattering would be in a 4 or 6 puck design. Just keep an eye out for sales in the sponsor forum. I'm not saying the Exedy is bad, but why put it in when you're probably going to want more power? An ACT HDSS would be a much better choice than the Exedy. Decide how much power you want.

Good luck on your mission!
Old 10-24-2004, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Greddy Wonders! (B16A Grenade)

Bump because i have pics, damnit
Old 10-24-2004, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I havent held a greddy manifold and an hks manifold side by side, but the HKS manifold looks alot like the greddy manifold and i believe has the same "T25" flange. i could be wrong. but the hks manifold can be bought from various places for around $250. overboost.com sells them as well.
Old 10-24-2004, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by please.laugh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Bump because i have pics, damnit </TD></TR></TABLE>

What the **** more do you want? I think I answered most of your questions pretty well and you don't give a ****. You're welcome.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Greddy Wonders! (B16A Grenade)

I actually had a "thanks for the super informative answer" that my buddy deleted before he hit reply! No kidding, i really did give a ****! Sorry

to me