Notices

Greddy Type S Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy Type S Question

Hey i got the greddy type s BOV and i just wanted to see how other people on HondaTech got theres lookin, and i was wondering how do i change the sound because mines is a stutter like the ones on the Mazda Speed's and i want that woooosh sound.. thanks for your hel
Old 12-19-2004, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy Type S Question (TUR3Ovtec)

I believe the adjustment nut is too tight, loosen it a little and see what happen.
Old 12-19-2004, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did you hook up both vacuum ports? The top port should receive a signal after the throttle body and the lower one before.
Old 12-19-2004, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy Type S Question (Wideopentuning)

I have the nut on tight as hell, i thought it was supposed to be tight so it doesnt loosen and fall off? I got the valve spring all the way up, i turned it down and tightned the screw and it still makes the stutter noise. I have a hose only on the bottom part, not on the top here is apic

Old 12-19-2004, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hmmm... this is weird, in that first picture the hose clamp is on the bottom part, this is a couple days ago when i got my car from the bodyshop, then on the second picture is when i first got my turbo istalled and the shop put the hose clamp on the top
Old 12-19-2004, 12:35 PM

you need to loosen the spring, its surging.
It looks pretty loose though.
I dunno how much boost your running, if your runing low boost loosen it up a bit
Old 12-19-2004, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy Type S Question (This One)

yeah im running low boost like 8lbs, but my turbo blew the other day and it is brand new and i think that the way the bodyshop put the boostcontroller valve stem thing is wut caused it to blow, im gonna have a long talk with them tommorow first thing!
Old 12-19-2004, 02:05 PM

thats your problem you had a body shop **** with your turbo install. by the way, im pretty sure the top nipple is the correct way, with the bottom one being the assist port. turbos can make much more than 8psi and not blow, i vote bad return or no feed restrictor on that.
dave
Old 12-19-2004, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy Type S Question (f22b2tdave)

Yep, the top nipple should go to a manifold vacuum port. Bottom left open in most cases. Unless you have a problem with surge at low throttle.

Rob
Old 12-19-2004, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy Type S Question (LS_REX)

yea just loosin the nut 10mm and then put a allen key in the top of the bov and loosin it up alittle 2,3,4mm can't remember which one, then retighten the nut.

if you want it to blow off sooner loosin alot or later a bit tigher from all the way loose

just play with it and drive til you have it how you want it
Old 12-19-2004, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy Type S Question (TURBODC4TEG)

i have a greddy type s... at lower boost levels the bov tends to shutter... i have no idea why but at higher boost levels it works fine... i have wasted so much time playing with it yet mine just does it all the time at below 10psi... another problem i have is at cold temps it shutters intill the car gets warm... i gave up on it a long time ago... a friend even took mine and gave me a new one... same thing... i think it has to do with the low boost levels and where it is placed...
Old 12-19-2004, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy Type S Question (fullracegsr)

bastard body shop fucked up my car, i printed out atleast 20 pictures so they cant say **** when i slap em wit the bill i got to get a new turbo, i ordered a new one yesterday and i had no idea of that being the problem till i checked it todai, and the thing is before when i had it the car would do the wooosh with the whistle following it, but ever since i got it back from the shop it did the stuttttter...lets see wut happenes tommorow
Old 12-19-2004, 07:11 PM

EDIT, you arent running that same turbo still are you???

no offense but have you tried just switching the vaclines back to the way you had it. if you want im not too far from you, im going on vacation for two weeks in nh though, but im sure there is someone on here, or id be happy to help you out. i wouldnt go back to the body shop with vacuum issues, they have proven themselves to not be a good place for this sort of thing.
Old 12-19-2004, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy Type S Question (f22b2tdave)

im not driving the car right now the place where i got it put in at already took the turbo out yesterday they said that the seals were already fucked up and i needed to get them replaced, so i said fine, but i just notcied that todai the vaccume lines were put on differently and that coulda been the problem, and also when we were driving the car 2 days after i got it out the shop we test ran the car on John Young we were right past the 130 mark and you hear a BOOOM, i thought i blew my motor but it ended up that they didnt even put a ****** clamp on the intercooler and one of the damn cuplings came off and the intercooler pipe to the turbo was draggin....the shop is going to pay for it....but i have another question now that i see you have a turbo urself, have u ever noticed a staggering problem when u get into top end rpm's? ever since i put the turbo in running it in 2nd and beyond it starts staggerning when it gets to the 6k rpm change, any1 kno why's that?
Old 12-19-2004, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just hook up both lines and you won't have chatter. That is the solutions.