Notices

GReddy Type-S BOV trouble/question.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2002, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GReddy Type-S BOV trouble/question.

My car has been hesitating between 1500-4000 RPM's lately. I couldn't figure out why and I still don't know why for sure. Anyways, I took off my BOV because I thought it might be causing some of the trouble I've been having. Turns out that the thread on the top (The purple part) is totally stripped inside. Having this problem made me wonder if that's what's been causing he hesitation since there is air coming out of the BOV at idle when there shouldn't be.

I bought this BOV used, but it was working FINE for the longest. Is there a way GReddy can send me a new top perhaps? Will they charge? If so, how much do you think?

If they won't send me another one for free/or a cheap price, I think I'm gonna go ahead and get some other BOV. I'm not sure what but I'm thinking Turbo-XS H-RFL for my SR20DET. I'll only be boosting 7lbs so I'm not sure how it will sound compared to the Type-S.

Does anyone have any suggestions or opinions about my BOV problem? It's currenly off the car right now because the screw to loosen/tighten popped out since the threads are stripped...GRrrR..rR...

-ThankS

BTW, does any company make a BOV tha will fit the GReddy flange?
Old 12-01-2002, 04:02 PM

Default Re: GReddy Type-S BOV trouble/question. (Esone3)

bump
Old 12-01-2002, 05:07 PM

Default Re: GReddy Type-S BOV trouble/question. (Esone3)

this doesn't help you, but i was wondering, how did the greddy bov sound?
Old 12-01-2002, 06:40 PM

Default Re: GReddy Type-S BOV trouble/question. (Sleeping4drLS)

this doesn't help you, but i was wondering, how did the greddy bov sound?
No Problem. Haha. I fixed it anyways. Nothing like a self-rethreading. Now everything is working fine but it's still hesitating but probably cause of some sensor that I need to get checked out tomorrow.

Hmm....GReddy Type-S. I don't know how to explain it but to me, it's the best sounding BOV out there so far.

When it was really loose...It would be really loud, all the time. 2000 RPMs, shift, and the instead of the soft shhhhh....it'll make the ppppsshshshchhhing...and it's a really short ppppsshshshchhhing and then followed by a pfffhhtt pffttt...I don't know how to explain it....

Now, it sounds normal..boosting, like it should...whhooossshhhinG!...and then no boost it just like a pssssssshhhhhh....

Sorry I got carried away with the sounds...