Notices

greddy sohc turbo kit in GSR

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2002, 02:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default greddy sohc turbo kit in GSR

is there anyone that's done this. how hard was the install and what did you have to do to make it fit and work on the GSR. Also did you like the results? TIA
Old 08-23-2002, 05:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: greddy sohc turbo kit in GSR (beakert216)

damn i sear man every week this question comes up(every week for the past 3 months) but i will help you out because your a newbi and have no idea what your getting yourself into let alone know how to use H-T "search"

1) greddy sohc vtec 14G turbo will suck on the GSR motor. It will spool really fast which is good, but one you hit the 6.5-7,000 rpm range the turbo will loose it;s power. But it will be a respectable mod and be good for short street races(like 1-5 blocks)

2) to use the kit on the Bseries motor(the proper way) you have to get the HKS turbo mainfold. it's like $290 from Nopi or AutoSaloon. this will bolt right up, no mods, or mis figurments inssue. the mainfold is nice. good quality.

3) I'm willing to bet that anyone who ever used the greddy sohc kit on the GSR wouldn't propble couldn;t afford to dyno or tune it.(because if they could afford to go the extra mile(like tunning) they would of started out with better kit(drag, revhard, custome, or the Greddy 18G kit that is made for the GSR rather than being cheap) but I'm not saying your cheap or anything just saying that if you can afford the proper turbo kit you will most likely not be spending money on tunning with a dyno for a while. But just do what you can do..... no one gonna hate your for it, if they do their hatters and don't be their friends...hehe. But this combo would be fun to drive around, i'll instantly give you atleast 45 more torque.

3) istallation shouldn't be hard at all. If you need help ask around were you live for someone who knows what their doing. PAY him a little money to do it and just assist him, you'll learn a lot more about your car and trouble shooting when you run into problems. But yeah installation should take anywhere from 4-6hour max.

4) as for hp wise i'll take a stabe at it since no one is replying.
5.5psi(which is the stock psi setting with the sohc greddy kit) 180hp/160 tq
8psi..........195hp/tq maybe 175
10psi........not really sure maybe between 200-230hp, don't expect too much from that little 14G turbo, power will start to drop around 6.5-7,000 RPM.

If you just wanna boost go for it. Besides nos turbo is the best bang for the buck, just remember to do it right the first time & don't take risky chances with parts that could easy be replaced.

sorry for the long *** post or if i sounded like a *** but i just needed to vent some of my stress out. Also do search if you cant find anything let me know.
is there anyone that's done this. how hard was the install and what did you have to do to make it fit and work on the GSR. Also did you like the results? TIA
Old 08-23-2002, 12:30 PM

Default Re: greddy sohc turbo kit in GSR (Charlie)

thanks for the reply. i was thinking about slotting the greddy manifold but if the hks is a nicer i will keep that in mind. i'm not looking to have the fastest honda in the world, i just like decent power. i've always wanted to do this conversion but i went the nitrous route. anyone have pictures of this conversion? i will do a search on this subject.
Old 08-23-2002, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: greddy sohc turbo kit in GSR (beakert216)

if you do do it at least ditch the tdo4-15g and try to fetch a 16g.