Notices

greddy kit and some questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default greddy kit and some questions

I basically installed a greddy kit on my si, no fmic yet but that is coming hopefully in 6 months I will have it. Now what do you guys think I could up the boost to with out causing problems without having the FMIC? also how exactly would I do that, I don't remember seeing any adjustment screw or bolt on the wastegate that was on the turbo. also does anyone have the greddy emanage, if you do how is it as far as easy to tune, reliable? and would it help with the check engines I keep getting(almost positive it's becuase of too much fuel)? thanks for any replies.
Old 10-06-2003, 11:26 AM

Default Re: greddy kit and some questions (killerslp)

search... haha jk i always get that but umm i say 5.5 psi non intercooled. keep it safe till u get that intercooler dude. u can up the boost by.... im not gonna tell u ur just go out and do it and blow. lol.. just keep it stock till that intercooler.. good luck got any pics of ur setup?
Old 10-06-2003, 12:18 PM

Default Re: greddy kit and some questions (egturbo)

yeh I know that search but I usually try to before hand anyways. I probably wasn't going to up it anyways till the intercooler but once I get that what would be a good amount to up it to, I know 7 is normal but would it be ok at 9 using the blue box? no pics I am too lazy, besides you guys would probably laugh at the jbweld holding the bov on.
Old 10-15-2003, 03:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

EGTURBO:

I lOVE your avatar!! lol
Old 10-15-2003, 04:33 AM

Default Re: greddy kit and some questions (6gcivic)

thanks
Old 10-15-2003, 05:08 AM
at the jetties fishin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">search... haha jk i always get that but umm i say 5.5 psi non intercooled. keep it safe till u get that intercooler dude. u can up the boost by.... im not gonna tell u ur just go out and do it and blow. lol.. just keep it stock till that intercooler.. good luck got any pics of ur setup?</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha, well I'll tell him so he can blow his engine up

the wastegate rod is adjustable...just loosen the screw and turn it towards the wastegate pot to up the boost...do it some and then test it out...I say go max on it for the most fun possible and biggest fireworks...
Old 10-15-2003, 05:11 AM

Default Re: greddy kit and some questions (stackz)

ha ha, I had no intention of actually turning the boost up until I got an intercooler becuase I can't afford to do a rebuild. I was just trying to see if it was adjustable without getting a boost controller. besides with how easily my stock clutch lets go now if I turned the boost up I wouldn't have a clutch for long.
Old 10-15-2003, 05:27 AM

even without turning the boost up the clutch will go out. Si's have the shittyest clutches in the world. DO not turn up the boost with out an intercooler. after the intercooler is installed get a hondata and 440 or 550cc injectors and turn that bitch up to 1 Bar. If tuned properly you **** will not blow up and you will make a good bit of HP good luck man I am doing the same thing but I alread have the Hondata and an intercooler
Old 10-15-2003, 06:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by killerslp &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Now what do you guys think I could up the boost to with out causing problems without having the FMIC? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Please, don't do that.

10.2:1 CR + S. Florida heat/humidity = perfect recipe for *BOOM*

When the time comes, get yourself a nice boost controller and viloa, instant variable boost
Old 10-15-2003, 06:04 AM

Default Re: greddy kit and some questions (intercooledJRSC)

I don't want to go with a hondata, I don't like the idea of replacing my computer with an older one, and then having to wireup a new harness. I plan on getting either the emanage, or saving for awhile and getting the aem ems. also I wouldn't boost more than 10psi unless i had the funds to do a rebuild. after the intercooler I would like to be able to turn it up to 8psi using the bluebox still.
Old 10-15-2003, 06:06 AM

Default Re: greddy kit and some questions (VTC_CiViC)

hey vtc, you see any problem with runnin 8 psi using the bluebox and an intercooler? I will probably get an mbc and drop it to like 4 for normal use. oh yeh and I know the clutch sucks, I only ran a 15 at moroso when I went becuase it was slipping in every gear and I didn't want to try and launch it hard because I knew it would just let go and ruin the entire run.
Old 10-15-2003, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by killerslp &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't want to go with a hondata, I don't like the idea of replacing my computer with an older one, and then having to wireup a new harness. I plan on getting either the emanage, or saving for awhile and getting the aem ems. also I wouldn't boost more than 10psi unless i had the funds to do a rebuild. after the intercooler I would like to be able to turn it up to 8psi using the bluebox still. </TD></TR></TABLE>

1. What does the physical age of the ECU have to do with it's function? It either works, or it doesn't, and the fact is OBD-1 = tunability that OBD-II doesn't have.

2. There's no harness to "wire up". You can either use an adapter harness, or have the P28 resocketed to fit your factory plugs.

3. E-manage is a piggy back and nothing more. Granted if you sink enough $$ into it you can roughly tune the fuel/ignition map, though for the money you would've spent there you could've had an S200B.

4. With a good tune, you can run 14psi all day and night on a stock B16 and make good power, though you're gonna have a good ol' time trying to get that wastegate to behave
Old 10-15-2003, 07:00 AM

ok my problem is back 2 years ago I spend 500 on a new computer from honda after my car got flooded. so it would suck to have to replace it now with something older and used. I know the emanage is a piggy back but I would have the ability to tune it just like the aem ems. can the hondata be tuned as easily?? basically it's all about moeny I don't have , which is why I am staying with the bluebox for a long time.
Old 10-15-2003, 07:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Bluebox is fine for now, but doesn't the E-manage stand alone as a piggy back? I thought GReddy replaced the bluebox with the Emanage altogether.
Old 10-15-2003, 07:12 AM

nope I got the crappy no tuneable bluebox with my kit, I wish they would have replaced it with the emanage. and to my knowledge the emanage does stand alone as a piggy back. can you tune the hondatas by yourself?
Old 10-15-2003, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by killerslp &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> can you tune the hondatas by yourself?</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you know what you're doing, sure.
Old 10-15-2003, 07:21 AM

the reason I asked was becuase I kept hearing people talking about get a chip burned and crap making it sound like you had to find a place to tune it them program a chip for u. either way I will probably save and just get the aem ems, 100% tuneable fun. I know u were running a hondata before and probably are on the gsr now, about how much did it cost you for everything u needed?