Notices

The greddy e-manage

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The greddy e-manage

Ok.
do the greddy e-manage have any advantage over the apexi afc . I know that its not a stand alone system. But one must be better than the other and i want to run rc 550 injectors. So i don't know if the greddy e-manage can tune them. And i don't want to run the hack..
Old 08-27-2004, 12:01 PM

Default Re: The greddy e-manage (dxk dogs)

any help on this any one out there..
Old 08-27-2004, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

E-manage can contol ignition timing with the additional timing harness and unit. S-AFC can't do that!
Old 08-27-2004, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Emanage
Considered a Piggyback...or an extended version of the HACK. But the good news for the OBDII guys is that you won't have to convert to OBDI. You have way more options/advantages over the AFC as well: More precise tuning and you can control ignition timing..something the SAFC or VAFC does not do. Not as popular as the AFC hack or Hondata, due to the lack of people who know how to mess with Emanage, but I think its catching up. Emanage uses a 16point increment for fuel enrichment..on top of that..if you invest in the optional Ignition harness which is 30 bucks...you can tune ignition timing on a 16point increment as well. Emanage is similar to the hack..but with more tuner options and a more precise tuning option over the regular AFC hack.

Apexi AFC Hack
Many people have had great success with the AFC Hack. Its popular and many tuners know how to tune it. Downside..can't control timing, and the increments aren't as precise as Emanage, Hondata, or AEM EMS...but hell..it sure beats the FMU/Missing link. The only advantage I can see that the Hack has over the Emanage is the simplicity....fact being that while running emanage, you have to be very familiar with the software to tune...its more complicated relatively speaking.

Version I Apex'i VAFC and SAFC can add and subtract fuel on an 8point increment.

Version IIApex'i VAFC and SAFC can add and sumbract fuel on an 12point increment.

Keep in mind though that ignition timing is not controllable with the hack, unless you decide to invest in an MSD ignition system or Apexi ITC(ignition timing controller).

Khoi
Old 08-27-2004, 12:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The emanage will be able to control those just fine. Its alot more indepth then the S-AFC. Just make sure you get all the harnesses and the tunning software. With out the software its pretty much useless.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The greddy e-manage (Turbowa)

Does anyone have experience with the e-manage on OBD2.5 (EP3 Civic, RSX, 2003+ Accord?). I am going to help my dad turbocharge his Accord Coupe, but I'm not sure if his ecu is so smart that it will eventually negate the settings on the GReddy unit and have to be periodically erased/flashed.