Notices

got on it , Boosted, lots of smoke, no leaks??

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got on it , Boosted, lots of smoke, no leaks??

Does that mean my rings are dead? lol I was havign problems with my turbo spooling up and keeping boost so i set my manual boost controler wayyy up to let it run right. I was coming home after getting it all strait and then i got on it a lil and the turbo started to boost loud as hell (louder then a 18wheeler) and so i let off it. I looked in my rear view and a big cloud of greyish black smoke was behind me. I checked. I have no leaks or anything and i drove teh car home fine and stayed out of boost. Err maybe i should turn the boost down. Didnt look at my gauge when it happend but its a TD04h turbo and i had the boost controller almost all the way up...

Think it was the rings lettin go?
Think if i turn the boost all the way down i can make a 200 mile trip to the beach tomorrow night?

I'm installing my Walbro255 pump and 12:1 FMU tonight with 390cc injectors. Im not rickin a blown engine...

input would be great!

92' Honda Civic DX hatch. D15b7 engine (old and tired waiting for a swap... but not yet i hope)
Old 07-11-2003, 06:26 PM

Default Re: got on it , Boosted, lots of smoke, no leaks?? (Typesi2nv)

why would u turn it all the way up to "let it run right"? that doesnt make sense.
if ur installing all ur fuel stuff tomorrow, what were u running before?
i'd do a compression check immediately if i were u.
in the meanwhile be a little more careful and keep an eye on that gauge when ur boosting. but i wouldnt even risk boosting it in the meanwhile.
Old 07-11-2003, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: got on it , Boosted, lots of smoke, no leaks?? (Typesi2nv)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Typesi2nv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I'm installing my Walbro255 pump and 12:1 FMU tonight with 390cc injectors. Im not rickin a blown engine...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you implying that earlier you were running a stock fuel system? If so, I am not speaking to you in the future .

Turning a MBC all the way up is retarded because it just lets the turbo max-out. If you broke 20psi (which is a pretty reasonable estimate) you should be glad you don't have gaping holes in your block, let alone being able to drive it. Do a compression check (crappy gauge is $30 at autoparts store) and whatever they read, if it's all the same, it's fine. Otherwise, you are screwed.

Ignorance ownz.
Old 07-12-2003, 10:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: got on it , Boosted, lots of smoke, no leaks?? (ion_four)

Yeah i know i know. I just wanted to get everything hooked up right and make sure things were running right. On my way home from teh park was when the rings died. I had the distributor fully retarded back. But i had lowtest gas still in the tank. I was expecting the motor to go anytime anyways because it had 255,000 miles on it. Im buying a new Dseries motor with 44k on it. and gettign it all strait. this time im running Fuel managment. after i get that all strait imma upgrade my Manifold and turbo and intercooler. Do any of you know where i can get the right tap for the block for oil supply? I need a extra one for the new motor
the fitting that taps to where the oil sensor is. thanks again