Notices

Good places to get car tuned in SOCAL?? opinions / experiences / vouches?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good places to get car tuned in SOCAL?? opinions / experiences / vouches?

well im getting my motor swapped in , JDM LS motor turbocharged t3/t4 . motor is basically stock, but my old setup was a fully built b20 block tuned on chrome. well im lookin for a place to tune my car right when my swap is done.. anyone have any good places that swap in SOCAL? my old motor was tuned at Whitefield racing, but i dont really like them unless it wasnt their fault that i found out the motor was running so lean (spark plugs white etc). and wasnt very pleased with WHP . i also hear from friends "CHurch" is good place to get it tuned up in LA. ANyone heard or have any good places to recommend ? please help and price would be great. thanks.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Good places to get car tuned in SOCAL?? opinions / experiences / vouches? (Jesse.)

nvm. i searhed for church and found alot of good stuff about them. guess im gonna pay higher good price to get it tuned correctly
Old 08-23-2006, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bubba @ do it dyno is a great choice
Old 08-23-2006, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i got tuned by church twice, been happy both times
-aldrin
Old 08-23-2006, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (no2unenolife)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by no2unenolife &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i got tuned by church twice, been happy both times
-aldrin</TD></TR></TABLE>

just wondering how much you payed, and how much they charge an hour?
Old 08-23-2006, 10:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (moops vs moors)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by moops vs moors &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've got an appointment at Church's tomorrow afternoon....he said he was available all week if you wanna get in there soon. I called him once last week and left a message and he didn't call back till this monday but he kept apologizing for not calling sooner which blew me away because most shops don't ever call back. He said he was available all week and let me pick a time, so far he seems like a great guy. I've heard that he lets you learn while he's tuning your car, you can ask questions and are not forced to stand in the corner and be quiet, looking forward to it!

Church's is $160/hour BTW

I told him I wanted a safe 180whp out of my stock D series turbo and he said it would take about an hour and a half considering I already have a decent basemap and he would target an 11.8 : 1 AFR He's also switching me from Uber to crome which I like.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ic.. nice.. thats tight. do u have his # cause i need to set up an appointment soon.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i pmed you his email.
hes really quick on replying by email.
i have his cell phone also, pm me if you cant get a hold of him