Notices

Golden Eagle Mfg. #2 question

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 12:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Golden Eagle Mfg. #2 question

Does Golden Eagle Mfg. put pro's before their everyday customers?

NO! Our machines don't know the difference between your blocks or Kubo's, Bergenholtz's, Gardella's, or any one else for that matter. They all get put together the same way by the same people, day in and day out. Sometimes we may sneek one of their blocks in line before some others, but that is the extent of our bias toward them. I have read in the last post that someone thinks that I am a shady person running a shady business. Tell me how you came to that conclusion??? I invite you, and anyone else, to come down to my shop, watch our day to day, then tell me we run a shady business. That is just complete BS and should have never been said. I always have been a stand up guy, even to admit fault. I do try to keep everyone happy, as much as is humanly possible. I also will never sell something to someone that I think is a POS. If it decides to give the customer some trouble, call us, in a kind manner, and we WILL take care of it as we have for a couple of other people.

Shady, man where do you get off?

[Modified by V8KILR, 9:14 PM 11/26/2002]
Old 11-26-2002, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Golden Eagle Mfg. #2 question (V8KILR)

Below is part of a post I made on another thread. I'm not sure if you were calling me out, but I merely said that I don't trust you. If you'd like to discuss it, feel free IM me, but I really don't care to explain myself further here. In general, even if an unsatisfied customer is the exception rather than the rule, that situation should particularly be handled with professionalism and great care, for all the reasons we've seen on this board today. The level of professionalism needed to resolve this situation has taken a great deal of time to surface, but we'll see how it works out in the long run. For everybody's sake, I hope this matter sees some closure very soon.

"Also, I had not read the going-on-5 page-long post before I came on here today and commente on the age issue. My comment was completely ignorant/neutral of the real issue at hand. Regardless, after reading this one post, I don't trust Vince, period. I merely had to read words from his hand to arrive at that conclusion, much less the ranting going on elsewhere. Anyhow, I'm off to work now. Good luck with everything."
Old 11-26-2002, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey Vince, you may wanna get with this guy to sort out the problem. https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=337227 If youve seen it , forget I posted it.
Old 11-26-2002, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Golden Eagle Mfg. #2 question (proclassracer)

These posts I am making are in response to that exact 5 page post you are talking about. Thanks for the heads up though!!! It is appreciated.
Old 11-26-2002, 01:17 PM

I've talked to Vince, and I can verify that he's ernestly trying to work this out, though it already seems way out-of-hand. Good luck with it all.

Nick
Old 11-26-2002, 01:41 PM

I invite you, and anyone else, to come down to my shop, watch our day to day, then tell me we run a shady business.
Are you going to pay for my ticket? If you are, then I'm down!
Besides I think Ron, Nat and yourself need me to take you guys to school again, in basketball.

Oh a serious note- Good job vince!!
Old 11-26-2002, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Golden Eagle Mfg. #2 question (Nikolai)

I didn't read all 5 pages (well not even one of them). I am happy with my GE block though. Only 700 miles on it, but happy nonetheless.
Old 11-26-2002, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Golden Eagle Mfg. #2 question (2K_TEG)

Im happy with every single block ive recieved from GE. Ive had several and they all with stood the beating, mine is returned on a resonable time frame, Vince took time out of his day to bullshit with me on several ocasions and i will continue to use GE blocks. I even sell DArton sleeves and we have a machine shop to install them. It is actualy cheaper for me to run Darton sleeves but id rather use GE because ive never had a problem. Not to say there has never a single block that has ever left them that was not in every way absolutly perfect. Think about how many blocks come and go through there. So there was 1 needle in the haystack.
Ill keep using my GE blocks, until then see you in the 9s. Thanks Vince (again)

Josh
Old 11-26-2002, 03:13 PM
New User

Default Re: Golden Eagle Mfg. #2 question (boosted3g)

I have never had a problem with any of the Golden Eagle Blocks for our customers.. for GE, Vince, and Ted.
Old 11-26-2002, 06:03 PM

I'm a regular joe...and my shop used GE to sleeve my block. Yes I went thru the line bore deal....but I already knew that...but the shop that worked on my motor forgot and delay'd in getting my motor back to me sooner. After all said and done....I have a GE sleeved fully built B18C that runs great and only leaks oil from a stupid Moroso oil pan ( out of a poorly sealing drain plug ). All in all I'm satisfied.
GE

-Trung

[Modified by Projekt20, 3:05 AM 11/27/2002]
Old 11-26-2002, 07:26 PM

Default Re: Golden Eagle Mfg. #2 question (Projekt20)

I understand that mistakes happen and things don't work out all the time, but I thought I might share a positive story in regards to GE.
I never posted this, and it should probably go under stupid mistakes, but here goes. I got my B18C1 84.5mm block back this Fall from a GE Groupbuy that went on this summer. I put my pistons in and forget to gap the rings, so I take out #1 piston and gap the rings. As I put the piston back in, the oil ring gets caught between the piston and sleeve, making a 1 inch gouge in the sleeve!!!!!!!!!.....sleeve ruined. I verify this with a machine shop here in town and call GE. Ted was very understanding of my situation. He gave me some options, including boring out all the sleeves and getting new pistons or even boring out the damaged sleeve and it's companion sleeve and getting two new pistons. He told me straight out that replacing just the damaged sleeve may not work out and the whole block may have to be re-sleeved. So after about 20 minutes of discussing costs and time, he agreed to "make the block right", regardless if the one sleeve replacement worked or if he had to do the whole block. He gave me a set price for this agreement. I don't want to give out the cost or how quickly he got the block finished and back to me, but I tell you, it was an incredible deal!
I truly believe these guys will do everything they can to make their customers happy.
Old 11-26-2002, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Golden Eagle Mfg. #2 question (Farnsrocket)

yea, I don't know why people talk bad about Ted. when I met him he was really nice, and gave me a tour of GEM.
Old 11-26-2002, 10:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Golden Eagle Mfg. #2 question (SEFI8LOxCivic)

You guys do a great job! Good luck.
Old 11-27-2002, 01:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Golden Eagle Mfg. #2 question (boostedb20vtec)

not to put a damper on things but, aren't these statements contradictory?:

Does Golden Eagle Mfg. put pro's before their everyday customers?

NO!

Sometimes we may sneek one of their blocks in line before some others, but that is the extent of our bias toward them.
Old 11-27-2002, 06:03 AM

Default Re: Golden Eagle Mfg. #2 question (boostedeg6)

I think vince is refering to the quality of the sleeves..

Are the pro's sleeves better then regular customers ? NO.
Old 11-27-2002, 07:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

personally I could unnderstand if my block was waiting to be sleeved and they slipped kubo's in front of mine.....but thats just me
Old 11-27-2002, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Golden Eagle Mfg. #2 question (genop)

personally I could unnderstand if my block was waiting to be sleeved and they slipped kubo's in front of mine.....but thats just me
werd. I would be suprised if it were not.

EDIT: I do not mean that in a bad way.

[Modified by 2K_TEG, 2:33 PM 11/27/2002]
Old 11-27-2002, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sometimes we may sneek one of their blocks in line before some others, but that is the extent of our bias toward them.
When something catastrophic goes wrong during qualifiers of a big race, and a sponsored car NEEDS a block NOW to make it to elimination rounds, so what if GE pulls out the stops and makes things happen? You don't like it, go to the next machine shop that wouldn't do that -- oh wait, there are none.
Old 11-27-2002, 12:59 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: Golden Eagle Mfg. #2 question (ekb18c)

I think vince is refering to the quality of the sleeves..

Are the pro's sleeves better then regular customers ? NO.
Thats how I understood it.
Old 11-30-2002, 12:59 AM

Bump. There needs to be more posts like this. Alot of people/companies get a bad rap from one thing that goes wrong, and very rarely get the comments back from the customers that are satisfied. I for one, still owe a total of $900 to 3 people, but am BROKE as a joke right now. I get e-mails and phone calls from them, because I SCREWED UP! But right now, I'm sitting in my apartment, rent is due tommorrow, and I only have half of it, I have 2 plates of food from thanksgiving left over, no cigarettes, and about $.83c to my name. I never hear from the 150+ satisfied customers I've had, unless they want more stuff. But I had one guy bad mouth me on another forum even though I was keeping in contact with him about my situation. So, I hear what's going on, and I hope other people do to! Too many hypocrites out there, and not enough people willing to show face! You might see my block soon... I'm not going to be broke in a month...

Thanks,
Charles Weller
Old 12-11-2002, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Golden Eagle Mfg. #2 question (Lavondyss)

I can almost feel your pain..............................