Notices

going turbo b16

Old 04-01-2015, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default going turbo b16

So I'm in a dilemma have a turbo kit (bootleg pieced together type ish)

Platform-- 89 hatch obd1 converted b16 type r intake manofold ls tb (for bar here in cali lame ish but mando) stock everything internal.

Goal about 275 whp daily driver on moderate boost for now
its my first turbo car so going lowbudget to learn the stupid ish that goes wrong what works dont ...... will do complete build of internals later but wanna learn now

needs a 255 fuel pump and a program to run and tune heres my delima the hondata s300 is $600 if i send in my current chipped ecu know there are hella fake s300 out there dont wanna get burned so was advised to get it from a direct dealer i know chrome can run it but dont know the pros cons of it do know if i got the $ hondata all the way but 2 kids and 1 income brain says put the best or nothing budget says if it works for now use it till you can upgrade.
now that extra $ on the ecu i could Use for for the pump block guard and head gasket
advise would be appreciated i know the pros and cons of the two different programs it want to know more about budget minded chrome possibility of f up of motor from chrome so plz help lol
Old 04-01-2015, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: going turbo b16

Look into Neptune rtp, it's cheaper than s300 and has a lot of really good features. Plus they have the best customer service.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: going turbo b16

Neptune is a very solid platform however theirs ways to make Crome work for a setup like yours....I have a mild boosted B16 that's running flawlessly off Crome.....ive put in alot of leg work to tune it myself with a **** ton of street tuning so she's as good as can be for various driving scenarios.....everyone's setup is different but if you are considering Crome, again... im not saying you couldn't have better off Neptune + Demon especially if you want more power or change setups later down the road (feature wise its worth it) but for your present needs Crome will get the job done if your willing to except a few work arounds that can get you going that get around the typical tuning issues Crome has been plagued with...

Here's a what I've documented on one of the main issues that people choose not to use Crome for anymore aside from lack of better features that Hondata or Neptune have that are common place....

https://honda-tech.com/engine-manage...aided-3230463/

On a positive note, Crome's still one of the best platforms if your just starting out and wanting to learn how to tune your self