Notices

general injector question

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 10:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 general injector question

this might sounds completely dumb, but i cant find out an answer to my question and not many people around me who have boosted hondas are accessable....

what happens when you have a car TUNED NA, and then you forgo NA, install a turbo setup along with bigger injectors and try to start the car with the same NA TUNED ecu? will the car even turn over? can a higher duty cycle make the bigger injectors spray less fuel until the car is retuned for boost?

basically we wanna start the car to make sure everything runs ok (out of boost of course)
Old 11-22-2008, 10:46 PM
In The Garage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tunes for n/a dont have any boost (positive MAP) tables... so it very well could go into limp mode when you hit boost... it will also have no timing retard, which will cause bad detonation. don't do it. it's too easy to whip up a new basemap for boost to go out like that... oh, it will also run rich all the time, because of the bigger injectors, and if you went with a lower compression piston. also, what is the compression on this n/a motor? oh, and if you just want to start the car, it should crank and idle ok, probably rich and a little rough, but it should run/idle
Old 11-22-2008, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its a 10:1 boosted h2b setup... stock internals... we're having a no start issue after doing some maintenance upgrades... just new hg, arps and timing belts/water pump...i dont think its fuel or spark related because we're getting both so i was just trying to rule out the injectors as the cause... i dont wanna turn this post into a "help" thread.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i wouldnt do it. go get a base map for your injector size, compression ratio and timing needs. how much $ have u put into the build? your risking it on a n/a tune. i'm not saying that it will definetly harm the motor, but why take a chance.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by saikouEF8
its a 10:1 boosted h2b setup... stock internals... we're having a no start issue after doing some maintenance upgrades... just new hg, arps and timing belts/water pump...i dont think its fuel or spark related because we're getting both so i was just trying to rule out the injectors as the cause... i dont wanna turn this post into a "help" thread.
if you try to start a FI car on a NA map jsut to see if it idles leakfree it's oke, under boost the maps should be somewhat alike.

but if you try to start on the same map but bigger injectors you might run overly rich

so with the old injectors it should at least idle, if not something else is wrong