Notices

Which garrett model is this ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2003, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which garrett model is this ?

Hi,

i just bought a B20 Turbo (very cheap). But i don't know which garrett model it is.
On turbo it says, turbo garrett DB 0112J, 17200-225387 707847-1.

A piggy back controller is also included. On piggy back unit it says RF1 FCMA003.

It would be great if you can provide me also some information about the manifold.
Can i use this turbo with a Drag III Manifold ?

Old 04-12-2003, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Which garrett model is this ? (Andre)

That's a Garrett T25.

Sonny
Old 04-12-2003, 07:40 AM

Default Re: Which garrett model is this ? (Sonny)

Looks like it off a SAAB, meaning it would be a T3. Thats a standard T3 flange.
Old 04-12-2003, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which garrett model is this ? (hulkhb)

No, it's a T25. The turbine inlet flange is too square to be a T3 and the discharge flange matches the T25.

Sonny
Old 04-12-2003, 09:33 AM

Is it a good idea to use the kit on a stock B18C5 without an intercooler and with stock compression (11.1:1) ?

Can i use stock injectors or better some 290 cc or 310 cc ?
Old 04-12-2003, 09:58 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sonny &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
No, it's a T25. The turbine inlet flange is too square to be a T3 and the discharge flange matches the T25.

Sonny
</TD></TR></TABLE>

no really it is a T3. Garrett does not make a T25 , the T3 flange to the manifold is a perfect rectangle, as is the one in the picture.
Old 04-12-2003, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sonny is right, that is a t25....The t3 flange has a more rectangular appearance. Garrett does make the t25 and t28 turbos. That's probably a stock one from a 2nd gen DSM
Old 04-12-2003, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which garrett model is this ? (Paul_Vang)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Paul_Vang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sonny is right, that is a t25....The t3 flange has a more rectangular appearance. Garrett does make the t25 and t28 turbos. That's probably a stock one from a 2nd gen DSM</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not a T25, it is a T3. 2g eclipse is the T25 and the compressor housing has a 90 degree angle coming off of it. .
This looks to be off a very old saab (had one of those turbo's too, its not the one i had) or maybe a dodge product. Also its water cooled as well. Could be Volvo too.

EDIT* Could be a T25. Or T-too small. I remember they came in the Pontiac Grand Prix GTP's and other pontiac's and use the typical T3 flange.

Modified by 93LSivic at 2:44 PM 4/12/2003
Old 04-12-2003, 10:09 AM

Default Re: Which garrett model is this ? (Paul_Vang)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Paul_Vang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sonny is right, that is a t25....The t3 flange has a more rectangular appearance. Garrett does make the t25 and t28 turbos. That's probably a stock one from a 2nd gen DSM</TD></TR></TABLE>

you guys common, LOOK at the picture he provided, the manifold in picture1 is a HKS manifold used to bolt up T25 turbos. LOOK in the other pictures, see that adpater peice, has a tube in the middle with a plate on each end ??? well that for 1 end bolting to the manifold(T25) and the other side bolting it to the Turbo, (T3)
I know thats a HKS manifold cause my buddy gave me one to drill out and make it into a T3, i had to bore out the holes and re tap it, not fun with cast.

As for Mistu. they use there own turbos and the 2nd gen has a curved arm going to the intake piping.
Old 04-12-2003, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which garrett model is this ? (93LSivic)

Sonny is the only one who is correct here. It is a T25, end of story. The manifold is an HKS, which is also flanged for the T25 turbo. Garrett does make T25s, and T28s... I, and Sonny one them. It is in no way related to a DSM T25. It is also a very small T25, There were many giveaways as to this being a T25, one being the swingarm on the housing, the flange, the manifold. There is NO QUESTION as to what kind of turbo this is. Also, It will NOT work on a Drag ,manifold, as it is flanged for a T3 turbo. If anyone here would like to know more about T25's IM me, as there is obviously ALOT of misinformation out there. Everyone, save sonny, is misleading this prro person. If you don't know, don't help.
Old 04-12-2003, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Which garrett model is this ? (JalopySiR)

k smart guy then expalin why he would need this to bolt it up to the manifol ????
This is a adapter plate, using the T25 HKS manifold to bolt up the T3 SAAB turbo.
your right, if you don't know waht your talking about then please do us all a favor and do not reply.
thanks
glad i could actualy help
Old 04-12-2003, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This is a standard Garrett T3 discharge flange:

Look at the turbine in that turbo. There is now way that flange will fit.

Now look at the T28 (T25 turbine-T3 compressor hybrid turbo) that I have sitting on my bench:

The discharge flange is an EXACT match.

Additionally, this is what a Garret T3 inlet flange looks like:

It's very rectangular. Here is the T25 inlet flange from my turbo:

It's hard to see the inlet flange perfectly, but the discharge flange is what gives it away.

The adapter plate may be just to move the turbo into a position that's easier to work with. Who knows. On my setup, I don't need an adapter plate because I'm using a half-width radiator. If I wasn't, the compressor would probably hit the radiator.

In any case, to the owner of this setup...get some real fuel management before you put that thing on your car. You'll save yourself a lot of headaches.

Sonny

Old 04-12-2003, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

OMFG. You are not looking at the whole picture are you? I have owned multiple people on this same topic. LOOK AT THE TURBINE HOUSING. End of story, but If I must continue, then I shall. The adapter looks to me like it is to turn/postition the turbo so that the turbo will fit the application better, but this is opinion. Also, some T25s have strange stud placement on the turbo flange, i.e. they are threaded and the HKS manifold is threaded. This may also be a way around that. The turbo is a T25 for a FACT. You are steering this person wrong. Divert your closed mind from what you believe to be the smoking gun (the adapter) and look at the person standing over the body with a knife, confessing (the turbine housing) Your honor, I rest my case. BAM! Owned . another one... Please, If you ever get the urge to argue with me, please search my posts that I have participated in...know what you are getting into. I win, I don't even post unless I know it to be true. Now bow before me and do not post here again. Further appeals will anger the judge and make you look more and more foolish. If you post in this thread again, I hope it is an apology. CASE CLOSED.
Old 04-12-2003, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

BAM, your honor, I would like to call Sonny as my first witness. OWNED...
....Wierdly he stated the same things I did... wierd huh... damn you Sonny..beat me to it!!!
Old 04-12-2003, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn, I would say Owned! Me too kinda. But its all good, I dont play around with go-cart turbo's

Good info on something that I should know more about on-- T25's, they're so cute
Old 04-12-2003, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

no, that's a T3...
j/k
Old 04-12-2003, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hulkhb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
k smart guy then expalin why he would need this to bolt it up to the manifol ????
This is a adapter plate, using the T25 HKS manifold to bolt up the T3 SAAB turbo.
your right, if you don't know waht your talking about then please do us all a favor and do not reply.
thanks
glad i could actualy help</TD></TR></TABLE>

THe adapter is needed because teh HKS manifold has a round inlet flange as apossed the square Garrett version.

I still say it's a t25
Old 04-12-2003, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

LOL....relax, guys. It's the weekend!

Sonny
Old 04-12-2003, 11:47 AM

i call bullshit here!!

thats not even a turbo,it s supercharger!!

jesus,sometimes i feel like im the only person on earth with a brain!!
Old 04-12-2003, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which garrett model is this ? (civictypenos)

Here are some pics of my turbo setup.

Turbo -&gt; Garrett T28
62 trim T-25 turbine
.64 a/r turbine housing
Water and oil cooled ball-bearing CHRA
60 trim T3 compressor wheel
.60 a/r T3 compressor housing

Manifold -&gt; HKS cast iron ZC manifold w/T25 turbine flange

This setup should be good for about 250-275 whp. This is the factory turbo from the Nissan JDM S14 Silvia. The Nissan Pulsar/Sunny GTiR uses a similar turbo with a larger turbine housing. If I can't meet my goals with my current setup, I'll swap in the .86 a/r GTiR turbine housing.

The HKS manifold uses a standard "square" style T25 flange. I am pretty sure that the ones that come with the Greddy kit use a round flange with a TD04 Mitsu turbo.

This turbo is definitely not a match for something like T3/60-1, but in a very light car where space is real problem (like my 1st gen CRX), the T28 fits the bill.

I'm hoping to run 12's with this setup. I think running 11's requires a cage and I don't wanna deal with that. In addition, it seems the cost of going 12's to 11's is exponentially more expensive than going from 13's to 12's.

Sonny
Old 04-12-2003, 12:57 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JalopySiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OMFG. You are not looking at the whole picture are you? I have owned multiple people on this same topic. LOOK AT THE TURBINE HOUSING. End of story, but If I must continue, then I shall. The adapter looks to me like it is to turn/postition the turbo so that the turbo will fit the application better, but this is opinion. Also, some T25s have strange stud placement on the turbo flange, i.e. they are threaded and the HKS manifold is threaded. This may also be a way around that. The turbo is a T25 for a FACT. You are steering this person wrong. Divert your closed mind from what you believe to be the smoking gun (the adapter) and look at the person standing over the body with a knife, confessing (the turbine housing) Your honor, I rest my case. BAM! Owned . another one... Please, If you ever get the urge to argue with me, please search my posts that I have participated in...know what you are getting into. I win, I don't even post unless I know it to be true. Now bow before me and do not post here again. Further appeals will anger the judge and make you look more and more foolish. If you post in this thread again, I hope it is an apology. CASE CLOSED.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is what i don't understand, WHY is there SO many ******** on this sight ? a simple detailed description like SONNY gave would be pefrectly fine. But the resident ********* here that gotta be a badass. don't be a dick dude. just cause sombody MAY be wrong or right doesn't give you the right to jugde. stand down.
oh yea ....... OWNED , lol,
SONNY nice setup.

oh yea and by the way its a T29, lol.
Old 04-12-2003, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Which garrett model is this ? (LSturboHB)

Some people are too ignorant to listen to common sense like the guy above. And I for one get tired of reading all the mis-information that gets thrown around. It's one thing if you can correct the guy, and he will listen. But in this case this hulkhb deserves to get a little truth thrown his way, he didn't know what he was talking about and started arguing against blatant facts
Old 04-12-2003, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which garrett model is this ? (PureTeg420)

Sonny that turbo is actually an upgrade ot the stock s14/s15 turbo, i have exactly the same turbo to go on my Accord and got it cos a number of silvia owners recommended it as they themselves would use it as an upgrade to their factory turbos.

Rated to 320hp, should do nicely
Old 04-12-2003, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which garrett model is this ? (poid)

Garrett also makes T22's, they come stock in the 90-96 nissan 300zx's as a twin turbo combo.
check out my signature if you're looking for a turbo as well.
Old 04-12-2003, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which garrett model is this ? (HondaKilla)

That's NOT a t25 from a 2G DSM. The exhaust outlet on the 2G t25 has 4 bolts not five like the turbo pictured above. And the outlet is different also. here's a pic on the 2G DSM :
[image]http://ebay1.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_2b9a24e5a724600c4f6ce1c537f6272f/i-1.JPG [B]
[/image]

Quick Reply: Which garrett model is this ?