Old 08-10-2004, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gameboy Tuning

http://www.turboxs.com/Dtec/dtec.shtml

Anyone heard of this? Or used it?
Old 08-10-2004, 03:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Gameboy Tuning (xPRELUDEx)

That has got to be a joke. Tune with a Gameboy?
Old 08-10-2004, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Gameboy Tuning (beepy)

I wouldnt monitor my 15k+ plus engine on a 80 dollar gameboy . Something tells me that the software isnt that advanced since it is running on a gameboy. my .02 cents.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Gameboy Tuning (CalGSR99)

How can you say something about a price tag when a very capable tuning device is free, i.e. uberdata. Hell, the dsm guys have been tuning (ok, monitoring) on palm pilots for years. Id like to hear from someone who actually HAS it instead of someone just guessing b/c it uses a gameboy.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:48 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CalGSR99 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wouldnt monitor my 15k+ plus engine on a 80 dollar gameboy . Something tells me that the software isnt that advanced since it is running on a gameboy. my .02 cents.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Ignorance is bliss i guess..
Old 08-10-2004, 03:52 PM

Default Re: Gameboy Tuning (BoostedGSRBubble)

First of all, the price comparison was to show that you need something sophisticated and a direct match to tune something that has taken so much work and money to build. Uberdata is free but its main purpose was to TUNE completely a car. Not to run your donkey kong and zelda games.

You dont have to be tuning your car with a gameboy to know that its not the best option. I would use a palm pilot myself to MONITOR the condition of the damn engine. But to tune? ok..... you got right ahead. Good luck.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboXS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The TurboXS DTEC is a revolutionary new product that turns your Nintendo® Gameboy Advance into a programmable, upgradeable, automotive performance tool for tuning, data logging, and diagnostics.

The DTEC plugs into your Gameboy Advance (GBA) and comes preloaded with software that lets you use your Gameboy as a Boost Gauge, Exhaust Gas Temperature Gauge, Air Temperature Gauge and Tachometer. Future plug-n-play sensors will allow everything from Knock Indication to Vehicle Acceleration (ie. G-Force). All sensors are sold separately.

The display is highly configurable and lets you customize things like gauge scaling, unit of measure (eg. psi or bar), text color and gauge range (eg. 0-100 deg C or 0-200 deg F). Data can be displayed via the gauge output or on a rolling time base log that can record, store, and playback data for closer analysis
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i've never used but it doesnt seem too far feched. all tuning programs are basically binary information that im sure almost anything with input/output capabilities can handle, i.e. hondata pocket programmer(not the most technological thing i have ever seen), palm pilot, windows 95 , and gameboy. now i wouldnt go trying with the first game boy thought
Old 08-10-2004, 05:33 PM

Running a zelda or donkey kong game is a lot more complex task than running an engine. Also, a gameboy advance has a more powerful 32-bit processor than your
typical obd-1 honda ecu, with a 16 bit OKI mcu running at what - around 10mhz.
Most guys on here would be surprised to know that most honda roms are 32kb in size. Yeah, 32 kilobytes.
My point is that people badmouthing the gameboy because its an inferior piece of hardware, obviously dont have any idea. Even if the gameboy was a tenth as capable as it is, it doesnt take a supercomputer to tune an ecu. The computing power needed to make changes to an ecu is extremely rudimentary.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Gameboy Tuning (rioninja)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rioninja &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Running a zelda or donkey kong game is a lot more complex task than running an engine. Also, a gameboy advance has a more powerful 32-bit processor than your
Most guys on here would be surprised to know that most honda roms are 32kb in size. Yeah, 32 kilobytes.
My point is that people badmouthing the gameboy because its an inferior piece of hardware, obviously dont have any idea. Even if the gameboy was a tenth as capable as it is, it doesnt take a supercomputer to tune an ecu. The computing power needed to make changes to an ecu is extremely rudimentary.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 08-10-2004, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow.....I thought it was weird to see cartoons/movies for sale for Gameboy Advance. Not a bad idea.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

up up down down left right left right b a select start gets you a perfect tune automatically
Old 08-10-2004, 07:01 PM

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=713565

its a repost, here is the old thread about it
Old 08-10-2004, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rioninja &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
My point is that people badmouthing the gameboy because its an inferior piece of hardware, obviously dont have any idea. Even if the gameboy was a tenth as capable as it is, it doesnt take a supercomputer to tune an ecu. The computing power needed to make changes to an ecu is extremely rudimentary.</TD></TR></TABLE>

**** you, rioninja, I wanted to flame his ***, and here you've gone and stolen my thunder.

Blah. I hate it when ppl ASSume they know something about hardware/software when they lack any and all clue. Gameboy has been hacked for use as an ebook reader, DSO, GPS locator, etc. I modified a SMB cart for my daughter's GBA (with backlight mod) that has 16mb flash memory, nice little list of games for her to choose from... she's not particularly interested in playing with the thing, but she totes it around to let all her friends know her dad is 1337.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (igo4bmx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by igo4bmx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">up up down down left right left right b a select start gets you a perfect tune automatically</TD></TR></TABLE>

dude you are so mean, you trying to blow my motor everyone knows it is...

up up down down left right left right ba ba select start

(contra rulez)
Old 08-24-2004, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you guys realize you don't have to tune with this, but you culd just use one gameboy as a gauge instead of buying the 3 pillar gauge and then having to buy the 3 gauges. it's cheaper definitely to have just the gameboy as your singular gauge that displays all three.

i wonder if the fuel mapping is anything like tetris. ahahaha
Old 08-24-2004, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (twkdCD595)

why dont u guys just use a gameshark DUH you could put in all the codes you want.
Old 08-28-2004, 04:08 PM

Default Re: (91civicLX)

down up left left a right down is the blood code duuuuuudeeeee
abacabb
Old 08-28-2004, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (trentepic)

At the very least, like stated above...it would be a great alternative to having 3 big gauges on your pod...

also, it looks like it would work as a great datalogger as well!!
Old 08-28-2004, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (trentepic)

up up down down left right left right b a b a is the code for extra engine life.

Old 08-28-2004, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (91civicLX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 91civicLX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why dont u guys just use a gameshark DUH you could put in all the codes you want. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 08-28-2004, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I loaded the gameboy with contra in and oil shot out my exhaust like a gun
Old 08-29-2004, 02:08 PM

Im sure all the idiots would change their minds if they were using JDM gameboys.
Old 08-29-2004, 02:13 PM
sh!t happens.

G

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rioninja &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im sure all the idiots would change their minds if they were using JDM gameboys.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
HAHAHAHA that is funnny **** there
Old 08-29-2004, 02:45 PM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Gameboy Tuning (G"UNIT)

i cant use jdm gameboys cause the pad is on the right side

i think thats cool as **** as a tuning device , same thing as a laptop......
Old 08-29-2004, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Gameboy Tuning

Famicom GBA is mad JDM tiznight!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gameboy Tuning