Notices

Full Race Knockoff turbo manifold...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Race Knockoff turbo manifold...

Im working on a long runner style manifold extremely similar to the full race one(like the one on the Jotech civic)

It will be made of 321 16 guage stainlees steel and will have about half the welds on it as I'll be using 321 in the correct bends, radius, and legs so I will not have to cut and section together 5 tiny pieces per runner. Should be kept to 2 or 3 pieces per runner producing a much cleaner appearing and hopefully, less prone to cracking manifold due to the less welds.(in theory, since manifolds always crack at the welds, less welds, less chance of failure. Just theory, as even professional firms who weld and xray their welds have about an 8% failure rate, so less, welds, less probability of cracking, in theory of course. Save the flaming for another post)

Im looking at the design of the full race and it is a very simple design that I should be able to produce in a much quicker time then my crossover design and with the same amount of ubends.

Price should be 600-700 range due to the decreased production time...

Interested?

Regardless, Im in the process of making some up...

Super T

Note: this picture is of the Super T A/C compatible B series crossover design, not the one described above-

[Modified by SuperT, 8:10 PM 3/30/2003]

[Modified by SuperT, 8:27 PM 3/30/2003]
Old 03-30-2003, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Full Race Knockoff turbo manifold... (SuperT)

sweet. btw its not a copy of fullrace's manifold, its a copy of the kook's manifold...
Old 03-30-2003, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

will they be a/c compatible?? Seems like a good price
Old 03-30-2003, 11:13 AM

Default Re: Full Race Knockoff turbo manifold... (B18Flip)

Sorry, it wont be A/C compatible as this design centers the turbine housing between the two middle exhaust ports...

Old 03-30-2003, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Full Race Knockoff turbo manifold... (UberTeg)

sweet. btw its not a copy of fullrace's manifold, its a copy of the kook's manifold...
Old 03-30-2003, 11:25 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

good job at originality...
Old 03-30-2003, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

16 guage is way too thin. itll crack like the spark manifold
Old 03-30-2003, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Full Race Knockoff turbo manifold... (bretx0r)

You missed that debate already...these are made of 321, not 304...

The top Header manufactures such as Hy Teck, Jon Grudynsky(spelling?) many of which use 16 guage 321 stainless steel...

Im not going to debate that, we've beat it like a dead horse in several other posts...

All my prototypes in the field have not cracked nor have even my old designs from a couple years ago that were MIG welded rather then TIG like my new designs...

Super T does recommend supporting the turbo, the runers need only support their own weight then...but even my prototypes are not using turbo bracing and have not cracked(though certainly they can, as can anything)

Thanks For your input...

Super T

Old 03-30-2003, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Full Race Knockoff turbo manifold... (bretx0r)

A
16 guage is way too thin. itll crack like the spark manifold
And also, I believe the spark is 10 guage and still cracks...I spoke to an engineer at Atlas steel company as well as some life long fabricators and welders who believe thick wall may Crack sooner then thinwall as it does not heat as evenly and does not expand as freely as thinwall and puts tremedous stess on the cracks...once again just theory, there is no proof either way so we'll leave that to another debate or field test...weve beat that horse to death in other posts..

[Modified by SuperT, 8:35 PM 3/30/2003]
Old 03-30-2003, 11:35 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

All my prototypes in the field have not cracked nor have even my old designs from a couple years ago that were MIG welded rather then TIG like my new designs...

Super T does recommend supporting the turbo, the runers need only support their own weight then...but even my prototypes are not using turbo bracing and have not cracked(though certainly they can, as can anything)

Thanks For your input...

Super T

why do you talk about yourself in third person? Do you have a name, or does everyone call you thuper T?
Old 03-30-2003, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full Race Knockoff turbo manifold... (GraphiteAccord)

why do you talk about yourself in third person? Do you have a name, or does everyone call you thuper T?
Quite busting his *****......let the man sell his manifolds. He seems like a pretty knowledgable guy, we need more of those here rather than a bunch of opinionated whiners that know nothing about the posts they jack. And I believe he says Super T referring to the company rather than himself. I am not trying to take a shot at you, this just seems to happen alot, especially in his posts.

-Ryan
Old 03-30-2003, 12:10 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Full Race Knockoff turbo manifold... (Kwuaymaikrup)

Just kind of sucks when he makes it a point to rip off Geoff's product. His cross over manifold is nice, but why not reengineer something to be better then Geoff's? Innovation comes with originality, not copying.
Old 03-30-2003, 12:23 PM

Innovation comes with originality, not copying.
How ironic, go ask geoff where he got his manifold design from tard
Old 03-30-2003, 04:11 PM

[
Just kind of sucks when he makes it a point to rip off Geoff's product. His cross over manifold is nice, but why not reengineer something to be better then Geoff's? Innovation comes with originality, not copying.
Thanks for the concern...actually, none of these manifolds by any manufacturer are patented, anyone is free to "copy" each other, besides, this design or designs similar to it, have been done by many manufacturers and hobbyists ...Truth is, there are only about 4 or 5 ways you can go with the runners in that short of space anyway, so if you want to make manifolds, odds are you are "copying" someone at some point in time.

Not to mention, truth is, I feel I am taking a design and making it better, less pieces, less welds, better material and a FAR cheaper price(about half the price) for the consumer, not to mention a weight savings of probably 15-20 lbs(you didn't get that lighter battery or pull out the back seat cushion just to add it back on in unecessarily heavy manifold did you...IMO) if that doesn't meet your criteria for making something better, by all means, feel free to purchase Full Races or any other brand that you find suitable to your liking, it is the essence of democracy and capatilism...

Super T Motorsports

[Modified by SuperT, 1:13 AM 3/31/2003]

[Modified by SuperT, 1:15 AM 3/31/2003]
Old 03-30-2003, 05:08 PM

doesnt look like a full race to me, full race looks equal on both sides, this one is more twisty
Old 03-30-2003, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Quite busting his *****......let the man sell his manifolds. He seems like a pretty knowledgable guy, we need more of those here rather than a bunch of opinionated whiners that know nothing about the posts they jack. And I believe he says Super T referring to the company rather than himself. I am not trying to take a shot at you, this just seems to happen alot, especially in his posts.

-Ryan
WEll said.

Graphite Accord I would cut you loses, you continue to make yourself look like an idiot.

[Modified by MachAF, 7:25 PM 3/30/2003]
Old 03-30-2003, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just kind of sucks when he makes it a point to rip off Geoff's product.
lol,

What abou Iceman's Turbo manifold. It looked just like the Full-races mani. But it was designed back in 1997.

Shoot, even the Ford Focus Header looks like all these manifolds.

Old 03-30-2003, 05:35 PM

-Ryan
Boy you hit that on the head...especially the last part where you say, "this just seems to happen alot, ESPECIALLY in his posts"

Yeah, I have noticed people like to flame in my posts...

Granted, I probably am a bit cocky and do have a tendency to come right out and say what I believe or what I have experienced...I dont usually mince words...

People either hate me or love me, but most all who actually know me, respect me...

Lot of haters out there...guess they dont like my product? lol

Its all good...thats why we have choices, choices to buy elsewhere....

Damn, racing gets me pumped! The shop Supra powered Drag truck is going back together, should be ready to hit the track in two weeks again! We'll get her in the 9's, maybe high 8's this year..nothing a 2jzgte supra motor cant handle!

Super T Motorsports

Old 03-30-2003, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Full Race Knockoff turbo manifold... (RyanAutry)

Shoot, even the Ford Focus Header looks like all these manifolds.
Haha, looks like geoff may have a case against ford aftermarket companies too

Anyways... I usually agree with you supert, but calling it a "Full-race knockoff" is inviting trouble. You should have just posted apic of yours and call it your new equal length manifold. Its all good tho
Old 03-30-2003, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets keep this thread technical or I'm going to lock it.
Old 03-30-2003, 06:11 PM

It will be made of 321 16 guage stainlees steel and will have about half the welds on it as I'll be using 321 in the correct bends, radius, and legs so I will not have to cut and section together 5 tiny pieces per runner.

[Modified by SuperT, 8:27 PM 3/30/2003]
If that's not an attack on Geoffs manifold I don't know what is, I mean for christs sake how long is this guy going to be allowed to do this for?. Give it up man,maybe some day you will be able to sell your stuff based on it's merit.I hope nobody falls for this guys bullshit and buys his manifold.Notice how Geoff doesn't reply in your lame *** threads lately to defend his product, that's because he doesn't have to his stuff speaks for itself.

[Modified by evil_rps13, 3:22 AM 3/31/2003]
Old 03-30-2003, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Full Race Knockoff turbo manifold... (evil_rps13)

If that's not an attack on Geoffs manifold I don't know what is. Give it up man,maybe some day you will be able to sell your stuff based on it's merit.I hope nobody falls for this guys bullshit and buys his manifold.Notice how Geoff doesn't reply in your lame *** threads lately to defend his product, that's because he doesn't have to his stuff speaks for itself.
Stop trying to get this thread locked tard.

oh, and heres the technical part of this post: e=mc2
Old 03-30-2003, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep it up and your new name will be GuberGone
Old 03-30-2003, 06:35 PM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: Full Race Knockoff turbo manifold... (evil_rps13)

If that's not an attack on Geoffs manifold I don't know what is, I mean for christs sake how long is this guy going to be allowed to do this for?. Give it up man,maybe some day you will be able to sell your stuff based on it's merit.I hope nobody falls for this guys bullshit and buys his manifold.Notice how Geoff doesn't reply in your lame *** threads lately to defend his product, that's because he doesn't have to his stuff speaks for itself.
you people are way out of line. SuperT is doing nothing wrong in this thread... probly shouldnt have called it a fullrace knockoff... but if any of you started making your own manifolds and talking about them here, nobody would complain. if his manifolds are ****, then people will find out they are ****.

Ok no more OT discussion in here.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:40 AM
Better than steak

Why do you say this?
Im working on a long runner style manifold extremely similar to the full race one(like the one on the Jotech civic)

I suggest you take that out of your thread and I will delete my post. You say it wasnt an attack but it was indirectly. After all you did say it was war with you and Geoff. I do have the IM to prove it. I do not want to start anything but you attack Geoff in an indirect manor and to everyone else you say its war. Seriously supert, your stuff looks good and I know it would work, but enough already about Geoff. I've already talked to Geoff about not attacking you so I suggest you delete that part of your post and I will delete this and others comments of this thread.

This goes to everyone also and not just supert!!