Notices

Flywheel install questions?!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2002, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flywheel install questions?!?

ok so im getn ready to get motor to drop into car, soo i need to put flywheel /clutch back on then the tranny. anyhow, how hard do ya torque the flywheel bolts on a gsr tranny? ..the helms says 75 lbs. the prob is, i have no way of stoping the flywheel from spining as i try to torque. i cant find the Ring Gear Holder to stop the flywheel from moving...any suggestions? none of the parts stores have em..sigh
Old 12-28-2002, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Flywheel install questions?!? (rOby)

make a strap. One screws into where the flywheel goes and one goes onto the block. You should be able to be ghetto though and put a screwdriver in and wedge against the block and ring gear. Or you also can just put a wrench on the crank pulley bolt...that will hold the crank as well.
Old 12-28-2002, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Flywheel install questions?!? (ninesecrx)

so could i just have someone get a wrench n socket and hold on to crank pulley bolt? would this suffice to allow me to tighten the flywheel bolts?
thanks for info mike
Old 12-28-2002, 10:47 PM

put a bolt in the engine where the tranny connects, put a pry bar in the flywheel tooth, that will hond it in place, just dont rest the pry bar or screw driver on the dowl pin. I dont use the bolt i actually use the pully if you look at it it looks like a big bolt will fit in their, get a tool that will fit in their to hold it, and that will work also.
Old 12-29-2002, 07:43 AM

so could i just have someone get a wrench n socket and hold on to crank pulley bolt? would this suffice to allow me to tighten the flywheel bolts?
thanks for info mike
Yes that will work. Moroso also makes a crank pulley tool that you can use to hold the crank pulley still while you torque the flywheel bolts down. Remember to torque them down in stages.