Notices

It finally runs!! Back from the dyno

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 09:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It finally runs!! Back from the dyno

Got it all tuned in today, thanks to all those who helped me work on it, and all those who answered my stupid questions in no specific order: Rocket, my gf Jessica, SteveMckaig, Andy Terry, Mike aka DynoQueen, Ron aka sixtydashone, Art aka Arturbo, Karl Hedgepath aka jinxproof, Jason Hunt aka littlebluecrx, Terry aka boostfed, M&W ignition, Tom Choe aka Camp1320, Terry Palmer aka saleensolution, Billy aka boostedbastard, Roach, J. Davis, Mista Bone, crap, the list goes on.....

Anyway this is a stock bore, stock sleeve B18C1 w/ arias slugs, rocket's valvetrain, and eagle rods with an SC61. I need it to last, this will be three years and I'm gonna rebuild after this season. On a VERY conservative tune, 21 degress total timing on c16 at 22psi and an 11.2:1 a/f ratio it made more than I'd hoped for and hopefully enough to propel this CRX really damn fast. Thanks guys!!

Setup as I can remember is:
B18C1 stock bore
Arias 9:1 pistons
Eagle rods
Precision SC61E at 22psi max
HP Racing intake manifold and fuel rail
86# S-D injectors
Aeromotive A1000 pump and -10 line
Paxton FPR w/ -6 return
Comp. Eng. Sump
Haltech E6K
Greddy Profec B
M&W Pro-12 CDI
Lovefab Excaliber turbo manifold
Camp1320 35mm wastegate
GForce safty gear
Ken's Kustom Chassis cage
Bogart Wheels, M&H slicks

Modified by Jared at 8:35 AM 6/14/2004

Modified by Jared at 11:17 PM 6/29/2004
Old 06-12-2004, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: It finally runs!! Back from the dyno (Jared)

looks mean

whats the numbers
Old 06-12-2004, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: It finally runs!! Back from the dyno (pissedoffsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pissedoffsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">looks mean

whats the numbers </TD></TR></TABLE>

xxxhp at 8600
Old 06-12-2004, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jared &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">xxxhp at 8600 </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats **** star material right there
Old 06-12-2004, 11:11 PM
SYD
Honda-Tech Member

any morer pics?... flat black is gangster ..dont paint
Old 06-13-2004, 05:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: It finally runs!! Back from the dyno (bruceleeroy)

when are we going to see numbers
Old 06-13-2004, 06:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: It finally runs!! Back from the dyno (redturbocivic)

i know the #'s but i'm not telling.
Old 06-13-2004, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: It finally runs!! Back from the dyno (speedworks)

Jared u suck
let the cat out
Old 06-13-2004, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: It finally runs!! Back from the dyno (Turbocivic94)

wow thats crazy man you need to get a hold of me when you can
Old 06-13-2004, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: It finally runs!! Back from the dyno (Turbocivic94)

I don't understand why people make posts like this and don't include your dyno results. I think the majority of people who see the title of your thread clicked to check out your dyno sheet.
Old 06-13-2004, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: It finally runs!! Back from the dyno (SICKSOLVTEC-T)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SICKSOLVTEC-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't understand why people make posts like this and don't include your dyno results. I think the majority of people who see the title of your thread clicked to check out your dyno sheet. </TD></TR></TABLE>

taken from "Back to the basics":
"And if you post up pictures of your setup, be sure to include your setup, from top to bottom. Posts with just pictures or no elaboration will be locked accordingly.
If youre not comfortable posting your dynos or your setup, then dont make a post about it.

Every thread should offer some technical discussion, and in threads like these, it benefits everyone to include a description of your setup along with the pictures to facilitate good discussion."

Old 06-13-2004, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

480whp.
Old 06-13-2004, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: It finally runs!! Back from the dyno (Suprdave)

I really think dyno numbers are premature since the car hasn't run yet. I don't think hp numbers matter as much as how the car runs. I want to run the car first.
Old 06-13-2004, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow this was a worthless post if your not going to post a dyno sheet. Thanks for wasting everyone's time because they had to click on the god damn thing. I don't think it's going to be so shocking that you can't tell us. What 400, 500, 600, 700HP, Not like anyone hasn't done that yet, JUST POST THE ******* DYNO SHEET.
Old 06-13-2004, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: It finally runs!! Back from the dyno (speedy108)

Yea, be an ******* about it...If he doesn't wanna post his ****** sheet, then he doesn't have to.

You dumbasses always want someone to post their sheets, mods, setups, etc.

It's just so you can copy them...

Thats why I don't post **** about my car online, you are all leeches.
Old 06-13-2004, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: It finally runs!! Back from the dyno (speedy108)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by speedy108 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow this was a worthless post if your not going to post a dyno sheet. Thanks for wasting everyone's time because they had to click on the god damn thing. I don't think it's going to be so shocking that you can't tell us. What 400, 500, 600, 700HP, Not like anyone hasn't done that yet, JUST POST THE ******* DYNO SHEET.</TD></TR></TABLE>

There's no need to be like that. I see no need to post the dyno sheet, power figures are worthless if the car doesn't run. The primary reason for the post was to thank all those involved and list the setup. Everyone here thinks all info should be out in the open, some of us work hard to build these cars and want every edge, I can't go around fixing everyones car for free.
Old 06-13-2004, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Suprdave &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yea, be an ******* about it...If he doesn't wanna post his ****** sheet, then he doesn't have to.

Thats why I don't post **** about my car online, you are all leeches.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 06-13-2004, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Don't cry guys, I was just trying to be an ******* about it .
Old 06-13-2004, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: It finally runs!! Back from the dyno (hatchling)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hatchling &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If youre not comfortable posting your dynos or your setup, then dont make a post about it.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

u want to show off, but not share the #'s......
most people in here dont care how fast a car can go down the track.... we care more how well and how much power we can prduce on the Honda Motors, since many 400+ whp setups are bad as daily drivers

if u dont post the numbers, just dont even bother making this post... if u really wanna thank those people... buy beer, bring them over to ur place and hang out.... celebrate with them..... but dont post a thread on a national forum and expect other people to just not see ur numbers because u havent run it yet...
maybe u dont wanna post the numbers.. in case it runs a shitty time and u dont wanna be ashame
Old 06-13-2004, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Suprdave &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yea, be an ******* about it...If he doesn't wanna post his ****** sheet, then he doesn't have to.

Thats why I don't post **** about my car online, you are all leeches.</TD></TR></TABLE>

its not about being "leeches". some of us dont have the money to be experimenting with different turbo setups, so why not forgo all of the trial and error and use a proven setup? to me it just sounds like common sense. i frankly dont need to see his uber-stealth, top secret, earth shatering numbers lol. but it is his setup and if he doesnt want to share the results that is just fine, there are plenty more people on this board willing to contribute. but you have to admit this post is pretty much a waste of space, nothing in here is of any help to anyone. not trying to be an *******, just my .02 cents.
btw: congrats
Old 06-13-2004, 01:35 PM

Default Re: It finally runs!! Back from the dyno (rextec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by USDM 4G VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

most people in here dont care how fast a car can go down the track.... we care more how well and how much power we can prduce on the Honda Motors, since many 400+ whp setups are bad as daily drivers

if u dont post the numbers, just dont even bother making this post... if u really wanna thank those people... buy beer, bring them over to ur place and hang out.... celebrate with them..... but dont post a thread on a national forum and expect other people to just not see ur numbers because u havent run it yet...
maybe u dont wanna post the numbers.. in case it runs a shitty time and u dont wanna be ashame</TD></TR></TABLE> I disagree. I could give two ***** what a car puts down on the dyno. All i care about is how well it runs at the track. I have a really wise friend that always says "Who gives a **** what your car put down i wanna see what kinda numbers it puts up". Jared holla at your boy.
Old 06-13-2004, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: It finally runs!! Back from the dyno (boostedbastard)

its all bout what numbers up put up not what up put down. if you cant get your suspention setup right your not gonna go no where
Old 06-13-2004, 02:16 PM
i HAS questions ?

Default Re: It finally runs!! Back from the dyno (USDM 4G VTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by USDM 4G VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not everyone builds their car to be a dyno-queen. I think it's safe to say that most people on here are more concerned about how a car actually drives than what numbers it can put down. Go somewhere else if you're looking for a dyno number dick size contest.
Old 06-13-2004, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: It finally runs!! Back from the dyno (dtmamg)

ok, first...even if you guys dont believe in dyno numbers or "dyno queens" and you only care about track times then he should have waited until he actually had some times to post...IMO... but then again this is the forced induction forum not the drag racing forum

and to the leaches comment... there would be no point of even having this web-site if no one posted the parts, dyno sheets, pics... thats why they made those rules I posted earlier.

I guess that makes us all leaches
Old 06-13-2004, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: It finally runs!! Back from the dyno (hatchling)

Jared man, i give you mad props , its about time the beast is back in action, we will let the track put the numbers UP......lol thats my 2 pennies, and yes IM A DYNOQUEEN....good luck, can't wait for seat time

-Mike

Quick Reply: It finally runs!! Back from the dyno