Notices

Few questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few questions

Hey guys, I have been going through my entire engine (B16A2 head to block) and I was wondering what would be most cost effective for intake/TB setup. All these parts were bought planning to do a small turbo setup, nothing crazy. My thoughts are the Skunk2 Ultra Street and 74mm TB. As the parts sit right now, I have
Skunk2 Tuner stage 2 cams
Skunk2 Alpha Vales/Retainers/Springs
Skunk2 LMA
AEM Fuel Rail/ Pressure regulator w/320lph pump (was worried about maxing out a 225 when I go turbo)
ID750s (same reason)
Wiesco Pistons (81.50mm) ~10.5-11.0 cr when finished
Manley Rods
ARP everything

The car is very much a daily so I didn't shy away from spending the coin on the forged internals and other over the top items that aren't specifically necessary, but will produce peace of mind.
Old 03-20-2016, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Few questions

You will max those injectors out way before the walbro...at that power level skunk2 pro would be fine. I run the ultra my self it does have some nice features I really like the built in vacuum distribution block, and ability to port is always nice, but its really just preference.

I wouldnt go over 70mm TB as thats more then enough asumming your in the 400 HP range (thats all the injectors will support) also the cams are rather large for the rest of your parts, you never said what your goal was tho
Old 03-20-2016, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the cams are rather big, but for the first year the car will be N/A. I can always swap the cams before I install the turbo. But I was wondering also, if the port on the Ultra Street manifold matches the stock port of the b16 head. My goals are a reliable 350-400; I just always want to give myself some room to grow.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I never really checked that, I beleive its meant to be the same size tho, Its pretty much same size ports as the pro manifold, I wanna say ports are slightly smaller on the manifold then the ports are on the head, which is a good thing you dont want them to have a step down and screw up the flow.biggest difference is the general design and portability.

I have some pics on one of these SD cards, from when I "polished" it, I wouldn't call it a port I was going for removing least amount of material, and still removing most of the casting flaws as it was pretty bad when I got it.

If the cams are still new I would sell them, I understand where your going with them about using them for all motor, but time is money and money is time and its just wasted money, NA setup will never be anything like a boosted setup and you can use that money twards a turbokit or whatever...... stock cams is fine for your goals.

I have similar goals myself, Im on Type R cams and thats only cuz I got a decent deal on them and my GSR cams were kinda hurt... GSR cams do well at this power level, everything is installed just gonna do a tune up before I get it tuned.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't even run a 70mm throttle body myself. A large throttle body makes the car annoying to drive on the street and a stock throttle body like a type r is plenty large for your goals. Also fuel rail and pressure regulator upgrades are completely unnecessary. A walbro 255 even on e85 is plenty large for your goal.