Notices

Fellow HT members...Need some good will advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fellow HT members...Need some good will advice

This is my lil 99 Civic Si that i have been working on but the pic is from the old setup

But time has passed and i think i'm really getting bored,un-motivated to continue on with it...

So i cannot decide if i want to part it out or sell the car as whole...

99 Civic Si
B16a2
JE Piston 9.0:1
Crower Rods
Nuformz Blockguard

Precision SC606376 turbo
Custom equal length manifold by RPI Racing
Custom d/p by RPI Racing
Custom i/c piping by RPI Racing
APEXI FMIC
HKS W/G
Custom 2.5" exhaust w/Apexi N1
Skunk2 cam gears

AEM Fuel Rail
Aeromotive FPR
Holley Intank 255gph

Sparco Torino Red

GReddy 52mm Boost and EGT gauge
GReddy Profec-B
Hondata 2B
P28
OBDII-OBD I conversion

Tanabe Pro-SS Coilovers

Volk LE28N 17x7.5 w/ Sumitomo 205/40/17

there's more to list but dont really feel like it.....

Should I stick it out and finish it out or should i part it out and sell it or sell the car as whole...

I really dont need this car since its not my daily driver...just a lil toy for me, but lil things just have been stressing me out..
Old 07-09-2003, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fellow HT members...Need some good will advice (PRojectSi2)

Keep it

get a beater to drive daily to & from work/school

and then bring it out on weekends/special occasionsthen you'll love it much more

Don't Sell
Old 07-09-2003, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fellow HT members...Need some good will advice (APEX i GSR)

well its not my daily driver...i already have a good daily beater ...(for people that know me, dont comment)

its just that its like an endless money pit, where i can be using that money to do stuff that makes more sense like making my new house look pretty or something
Old 07-09-2003, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well i can understand & respect that as a homeowner also

well sell it as is

too much work to take it apart again

Old 07-09-2003, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea and well when u have a g/f that constantly nags about the money u spend in your cars, your ears get kinda tired after a while...

but yet she can do all the shopping in the world and that wont be wrong....

never got that never will
Old 07-09-2003, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that is one of the things women will never understand

i like it when they say [I]"more parts !!! isn't your car fast enough"[I]
Old 07-09-2003, 07:05 PM

see how much you can get with all the stuff in it(meaning people respect how much has been in the car)??? if people are lowballers just part it out... you have some good **** that people well buy like hondata,aem fpr,volks,full-coilovers,intank,turbo kit, precision turbo,chipped ecu bla bla bla... you should get good money for all the stuff... but remember your 9:1 so being NA its going to be slow for whoever buys close to stock, unless you going to take all that **** internall yout too!
Old 07-09-2003, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Fellow HT members...Need some good will advice (9psiTurboSI)

It's clean and you've already put a lot of time and effort into it. I say finish it off and be content with it.

If you do end up selling it, parting it out would be more sensible to me. 9:1 compression...eh, that's a toughie for the next buyer but some youngin' can continue with the build up.
Old 07-09-2003, 07:16 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PRojectSi2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its just that its like an endless money pit, where i can be using that money to do stuff </TD></TR></TABLE>

So I'm not the only one who feels like this either?

About once every month I'm ready to push my car into a ditch and leave it there... there's always something.

What you have to do answer "Why do I have this car?". For me, frankly, it's a hobby. I don't golf or anything, so I use that to justify my expense and time (and I do love it). If you don't have a reason for it, unload it, and you'll be happier. Don't just keep it b/c you friends think it's cool.

My 2 cents
Old 07-09-2003, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Fellow HT members...Need some good will advice (hybridsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hybridsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So I'm not the only one who feels like this either?

About once every month I'm ready to push my car into a ditch and leave it there... there's always something.

What you have to do answer "Why do I have this car?". For me, frankly, it's a hobby. I don't golf or anything, so I use that to justify my expense and time (and I do love it). If you don't have a reason for it, unload it, and you'll be happier. Don't just keep it b/c you friends think it's cool.

My 2 cents</TD></TR></TABLE>
i agree but hey people get sick of it or just want something different its just a fricky honda at least thats how i look at it... i was getting sick of my car but i found out how much i like auto-x and hopefully ill road race too this year. but if i remember you said you wanted to purchase a house... if you ask me invest in your house its a investment you will thank yourself down the road unlike a honda with $20,000(not including the car) worth of work and they go for $10,000
Old 07-09-2003, 08:29 PM

If i where u i would keep first look around and see what people are offering and if u really want to sell go ahead and do it....btw the car looks tight.......
Old 07-09-2003, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Just Drank A 5th of VODKA Dare me to drive, Ca, u.s.
Default Re: Fellow HT members...Need some good will advice (9psiTurboSI)

first off, you are crazy for making it this far! THE CAR IS DOPE! i feel like you all the time and i have two money pits. what i have noticed is if you change a few things like the rims, color... you know visual things, your interest may be sparked again. imo do not sell the whole car unless it is going to somebody that has a good home for it, instead of some 16 year old that will most likely have the parents pay for it and rape your pride and joy until it takes a ****, you never know he might even put some sick looking euro tails to get another 100hp.

have you ever taken the car out to any events, if not go out and test the waters.

just like many other H-T members you have put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into that ride, don't let it go to easily.

peace!

Old 07-10-2003, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fellow HT members...Need some good will advice (Chpt1onBOOST)

hummm...i really dont know...if it was to be, then i'd probably get rid of it in the mean time...i dont have much time for it and i feel it gets neglected just sitting there

If i do get rid of this and get back into doing another car, I really dont think its gonna be a Honda anymore. The legacy is soon to be ended.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:24 AM

Car looks very nice I say if youve came this far, finish it enjoy it for a while get your $ worth out of it. Remember we mod or cars for our own enjoyment not for the resale value. Then you can move on to bigger better things.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fellow HT members...Need some good will advice (quikB18B)

welp...i think its clear....the car will be up for sale...thanks for all the input guys....see ya in the Vehicles for Sale forum!!!!!
Old 07-10-2003, 08:37 PM
New User

Sometimes you have to choose. I just received the last installment on my car and am parting it out tomarrow. It will be going back to stock then sold. My family and health are worth more. Plus last year I got diagnosed with cancer so I went through 7 months of Chemo and had to work on my car while I was sick as a dog and so weak I could barely turn a wrench, but I broke a timing belt and kissed the valves. So I put a new head on and drove it for a while then decided mini bikes for the kids and something easier on me is better for the future. I will be making a new project when things are better, but it will be a weekend warrior not a daily commuter. Best of luck with your sale. Later Allen

Modified by abraunb16 at 10:27 PM 7/10/2003
Old 07-10-2003, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fellow HT members...Need some good will advice (abraunb16)

do what is best for you!
i wouldnt sell though
Old 07-11-2003, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Fellow HT members...Need some good will advice (SiRkid)

That thing is a work of art...how could you part with it?
Old 07-11-2003, 11:50 AM

Don't sell it...
Old 07-11-2003, 01:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by APEX i GSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that is one of the things women will never understand

i like it when they say [I]"more parts !!! isn't your car fast enough"[I] </TD></TR></TABLE>

My girlfriend says "More parts! My car's not fast enough!" and then she makes me work on her car
Old 07-11-2003, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Fellow HT members...Need some good will advice

Wow that's beautiful. Don't sell it, give it to me. I promise I'll take good care of it. Pretty please?

J/k man, but seriously, I know how you feel for sure. I'm a year and a half out of high school now and have not gone to college yet for lack of money, not because I don't have a good job (my friends say I make bank working full time) but because all of my money goes into my car. Not necessarily items that would make it any faster, but things like wasting money not doing things right the first time, stuff that breaks, etc.

Sometimes I just want to sell the thing turbo and all and be done with it... but then I start to think about how much money I've put into it and how much fun it is and I realize that I would never get anywhere near enough money to break even, let alone enough to replace the insane amount of fun and enjoyment I get from working on it and driving it. My problem is, I would probably sell my car and then get a wild hair and buy some beater hatch with plans to swap/turbo it, and end up spending more money.

So I dunno, maybe it's one of those decisions you gotta make on your own. Does it make sense to be driving a modified, possibly "unreliable" car in your current situation? Do you think you could find someone that truly appreciates it to buy it? Do you think you could get enough out of the deal to make it worth selling it, and what would you eventually do with the money you got from the sale? All stuff you gotta take into mind.

(BTW, I think at this point you're probably better off selling the car as-is rather than trying to part it out, frankly)