Notices

FAVOR TIME! Can someone with an Accel DFI Gen 7 do me a favor? hehe

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 10:29 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAVOR TIME! Can someone with an Accel DFI Gen 7 do me a favor? hehe

I was wondering if someone can help me out.

My car will be totally done, mechanically, the next time i drive home from school to work on it... with the exception of this red plug that I'm cufused about on the DFI harness... and a startup program.

Can someone tell me what the 3 wires on the RED plug go to? The plug is labeled ESC. The wires are black, purple, and red i think... i forget... i'm in school now so i can't be sure but it's the only RED plug on the harness.

Also... the big one... Can someone email me their fuel maps and stuff so i can load it up and tweak from it for my altitude and boost and what not? I don't have anyone in my area that is familiar with the DFI's to tune it and Job Spetter won't be down for a while so I'm stuck. I've got a b16 with 9:1 compression, running a t3/t4 and 550cc injectors. i want to get the most out of these injectors that i can but i dunno what that means really. If anyone has a similar setup please let me know if you can help. Thanks.

-Erik
Old 01-24-2004, 11:33 AM
New User

Default Re: FAVOR TIME! Can someone with an Accel DFI Gen 7 do me a favor? hehe (Erik_Pb_Foot)

the engine is fully built... benson sleeves, crower rods, arias pistons, custom turbo cams from web, big ol' ferrea valves and a sweeeet P&P and 5 angle valve job....
Old 01-24-2004, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: FAVOR TIME! Can someone with an Accel DFI Gen 7 do me a favor? hehe (Erik_Pb_Foot)

send an instant message to BONESTCKCIVIC he has a gen 7 dfi in his civic, maybe he can help.
Old 01-24-2004, 02:48 PM
New User

Default Re: FAVOR TIME! Can someone with an Accel DFI Gen 7 do me a favor? hehe (2.2Lcivic)

thanks man!

i'm hoping to get someone's map so i can drive it and tune it on the street a little since i don't know enough about it to build one from scratch.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any luck from that guy ?
Old 01-26-2004, 04:33 AM
New User

Default Re: FAVOR TIME! Can someone with an Accel DFI Gen 7 do me a favor? hehe (2.2Lcivic)

still haven't heard back from him

i guess we'll just BUMP this back ttt
Old 02-01-2004, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the gen 7 will make a start up program just by entering car data like CC displacment, injectors size etc...
Old 02-02-2004, 07:22 AM
New User

Default Re: FAVOR TIME! Can someone with an Accel DFI Gen 7 do me a favor? hehe (rtype11)

as i have never touched the software and will be doing so for the first time this weekend... can someone tell me some basic steps on what i'll have to do to get a startup program made?

-Erik
Old 02-02-2004, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

look if you are really that lost have someone else do it for you, if you have the understanding and confidence, when you start up the calmap software hooked up to the DFI you have to enter all the motor/fuel configuration before you can turn the key. call accel tech line for live help.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:19 AM
New User

Default Re: FAVOR TIME! Can someone with an Accel DFI Gen 7 do me a favor? hehe (rtype11)

i'm sure once i get into it and i can see the calmap software it won't be a problem... i just haven't ever seen the software so i wasn't sure how easy/hard it would be to navigate.

i toy'd around with the older accel calmap software that used DOS but haven't seen the new yet.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so you want me to tell you that everything will be allright, well okay! just take your time get accustomed to the new input design and the computer will take you through all the steps to get started, after that it is just like any other system, like haltech, Speedpro etc..