Notices

Falls flat entering boost

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Falls flat entering boost

Really stumped by this one and not sure where to go after checking most of the obvious issues....

Setup is-
F22a
Bisi/arias pistons
crower rods
GE sleeves
Bisi/portflow head w/ 1mm oversize valves
Hondata s300
Prologger for o2 and boost control
precision t66 turbo
tial 44mm wastegate
ID2200 injectors
bosch 044 pump fed by a walbro
aem FPR

Problem-
After dyno session in which we were able to build 31psi, Changing nothing and pulling it off the dyno it is not able to enter boost.

Symptoms-
Going wide open throttle or part throttle as soon as the car transitions from vacuum into boost around .5psi or less the car falls flat on its face, almost like shutting the ignition off at full throttle. Spools properly and not choppy at all and problem only shows when exiting negative pressure. Was able to boost one time by letting off and getting back on throttle two or three times.

What ive done so far-
Checked all hondata protection items and turning all of them off to see if it was hondata cutting it out/turning on limiter.
Verified all vacuum lines to wastegate as good
verified no drop in fuel pressure when issue happens
Verified Map sensor reading correctly by using a hand pump to pressurize and read in hondata
verified voltage and activation of boost control solenoid
Pressurized charge pipes from turbo inlet to throttle body (capped off the verify no pressure loss and holds over 35psi.

Really dont know where to go from here so any help or pointers greatly appreciated.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Falls flat entering boost

Nothing in the maps looked off?

I have had S300 zero out a cell before accidentally. Maybe this happened somewhere in your column 10?

Just an idea?
Old 02-12-2011, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Something to note, make sure you UPLOAD your settings when changing protection settings in Hondata. If you're just doing it over realtime I've had it not upload my changes in protection before.

Do you have a permanent wideband in the car? What is it doing when you start going into boost like that?
Old 02-13-2011, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by darkvader0
Nothing in the maps looked off?

I have had S300 zero out a cell before accidentally. Maybe this happened somewhere in your column 10?

Just an idea?

Ill go through all the cells today and check it out.

Originally Posted by SovXietday
Something to note, make sure you UPLOAD your settings when changing protection settings in Hondata. If you're just doing it over realtime I've had it not upload my changes in protection before.

Do you have a permanent wideband in the car? What is it doing when you start going into boost like that?
I do have a permanent wideband, using the prologger. When going into boost and when if falls flat it stays between .92 and .88 lambda (running e85)