Notices

Factory Oil Cooler install Coolant hose question??

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Oil Cooler install Coolant hose question??

I went from a gsr engine to a b16a2 engine. i have gsr water tube with 3 ports on it.

far left port is heater core. second is input for oil cooler (which is left port) and the 3rd port is the IACV port.

my question is where does the output of the oil cooler go. on my gsr block it went back into the block. which makes me think that this block does have that port, but its blocked off (see the rust color bolt under the water tube).

What i want to know is, where to run the output of the oil cooler? is that infact the drainage port on the block (rust bolt?) or since i'm not going to be using the heater, should i use the port off the head by dizzy, as the exit?

basicly its the coolant hose maze, i've looked at the acura diagram but it doesn't apply in my instance...

any help is welcomed. I knkow the thermostat big hose goes to the intake manifold. so i'm left with the oil port on the water tube for heater and the head port for the heater hose.

thanks

another pic of rust bolt to see if it is the coolant return port I need:
Old 02-02-2006, 08:03 AM

Default Re: Factory Oil Cooler install Coolant hose question?? (seen4ever)

It normally goes into the block. you can probably buy the nipple from acura and it will replace that bolt.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:06 AM

Default Re: Factory Oil Cooler install Coolant hose question?? (BlueSi2k)

looks like its #1 in this pic from acuraautomotiveparts.org
Old 02-02-2006, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

how do you like that MSD billet dizzy....i haven't seen anyone using em yet.....was thinking about using that dizzy....hall-effect sensor??
Old 02-02-2006, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Factory Oil Cooler install Coolant hose question?? (BlueSi2k)

bluesi2k:

that's basicly my question, i think that bolt is the spot for the plug into the block, but I want to make sure, that its not some other port. although i know its not a catchcan port or anything, so i think the only thing left is it to be the coolant port, I just need clarification. I know the b16a2 is from the 99-00Si, and that they had oil coolers, just want to make sure. As when i got the block from ERL, it was free from plugs & such.

As for the distributor, engine hasn't went in the car, yet, so no clue on how i like it. I bought it used from speeddreamz.com on here and he liked it.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump for a non- what turbo is best, what oil return line is better thread

i will attach random off topic pictures, as people love pictures and may just answer the question

Old 02-02-2006, 11:31 AM

I have a 2000 Si and it did NOT have and oil cooler however the jspec b16 block i got DID.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by seen4ever &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I went from a gsr engine to a b16a2 engine. i have gsr water tube with 3 ports on it.

far left port is heater core. second is input for oil cooler (which is left port) and the 3rd port is the IACV port.

my question is where does the output of the oil cooler go. on my gsr block it went back into the block. which makes me think that this block does have that port, but its blocked off (see the rust color bolt under the water tube).

What i want to know is, where to run the output of the oil cooler? is that infact the drainage port on the block (rust bolt?) or since i'm not going to be using the heater, should i use the port off the head by dizzy, as the exit?

basicly its the coolant hose maze, i've looked at the acura diagram but it doesn't apply in my instance...

any help is welcomed. I knkow the thermostat big hose goes to the intake manifold. so i'm left with the oil port on the water tube for heater and the head port for the heater hose.

thanks

another pic of rust bolt to see if it is the coolant return port I need:
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Whats that between your oil cooler and oil filter?
Old 02-02-2006, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Factory Oil Cooler install Coolant hose question?? (HT Chaplin)

that's the golden Eagle sandwich adaptor, that i run my turbo feed & oil pressure feed.

but i'm still wondeirng what the hell that rusted bolt goes to? Is that the drain for the oil cooler? that's all i'm trying to get after is what exactly is that bolt and can it be the oil cooler return hose? if not, i can just use one of the old heater hose ports or something...

i hate coolant hoses....
Old 02-02-2006, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

why not remove the cooler?
Old 02-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by seen4ever &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
but i'm still wondeirng what the hell that rusted bolt goes to? Is that the drain for the oil cooler? that's all i'm trying to get after is what exactly is that bolt and can it be the oil cooler return hose? if not, i can just use one of the old heater hose ports or something...

i hate coolant hoses....</TD></TR></TABLE>

The rusty looking bolt goes in the hole stright across to the left, and where the bolt is now is saposed to be a water tube. the left oil cooler water line then goes to the water tube where the bolt is now. the right oil cooler line goes to the water pipe. Sorry if thats confusing, it's the best way I can think to explain it.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Factory Oil Cooler install Coolant hose question?? (92cxturbo)

I thing you have to drill the block in order to use gsr cooler.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Factory Oil Cooler install Coolant hose question?? (Turbocivic94)

sorry for the bad pic but I hope it helps

Old 02-02-2006, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Factory Oil Cooler install Coolant hose question?? (Turbocivic94)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbocivic94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I thing you have to drill the block in order to use gsr cooler.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was thinking that as well, but from looking at the posted pictures, it appears that where the rusted bolt is, is infact the coolant drain. and as 92cxturbo said, that's where the left oil cooler port goes, while hte right port is the feed port from the water tube.

I thought i was on the right track, but with the money that's in this block, you like to ask.

what's even worse is i had that water tube port, but i left it on my old dead block i sold back to ERL..... now i'm awaiting acura.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:56 AM
Go Tigers!

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

bump, cause I'm curious as to how to do this:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothre...17588