Notices

f-i forums as i see it read please!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 11:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f-i forums as i see it read please!

f-i forums as i see it.

Sorry i thought i would voice my opinion to everyone this may get locked or deleted but here I go.
I been a member of Honda-tech for 2 years now. for the most part just the forced induction part. I have noticed over the past year that the threads posted suck. They have been very few good tech article worth reading, I love those article they can teach you so much. They there people that come on here and beat topics to death about my catch can setup, and I see the same problem threads dealing with the same kinda car 3 or 4 times in a week, within a page of each other. There is a reason why there is a search option and a FAQ thread. I think the mods should keep better track of these threads and delete them. I my self try to help people with problem they have that i know how to fix but come on people HELP YOUR SELF FIRST. I learned the hard way but people there are threads to help you read them before post a topic.
Im sorry for voicing my opinion like this but no one else does so I would.
also here is the link for the f-i FAQ for anyone that hasnt seen it https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1024174
Old 08-25-2005, 01:56 AM
mrx
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: f-i forums as i see it read please! (vaporboy12)

Hi,

i'am the same oppinion... i think we don't need 20 "whats about my catch tank setup threads" one official thread about the differend methods whould help... put it in the FAQ, or stick it and delete/lock the other ones...

if there are open questions or more information they should be put into the orignal thread so that any information about this topic are at one place...

Best regards
Malte.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:00 AM

the thing is, all the newbs dont even bother looking at FAQ's nor even bother to use the search button.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1slow4dr)

that why i belvie the threads should be lock
dasher already did an offical catch can thread
Old 08-25-2005, 09:45 AM

Default Re: (vaporboy12)

I agree with you all, but you have to look at it this way although most of these topics have been beaten to death, and people are lazy and need to search. There are only so many problems you can encounter, and even though the answer may be out there someone new to the forum may not be able to find the info that they need. I have seen plenty of topics that are general questions, but end up bringing new info to the table when people aren't being dicks and just tell people to use the search button.

Since we are bitching I have a real problem with people just telling other people to search if you dont want to answer what the person has asked then dont post and the thread will just die. I dont post very often i've been on here for 2 or 3 years and you see my post count. I only bother to give info when I can help not to mention I spent the first year or so just reading and searching, but that is just me.
my point is that every has made a stupid post or asked a question that has been answered a million times, but every situation is different and if they were all the same this would'nt be any fun.

This is not the first post I've seen like this and I'm sure It wont be the last, but my question is if we are not here to help people and share the knowledge that we all have aquired then what are we here for? And an even better question is what do we talk about? This board is much better than most when it comes to technical stuff, but it has become alot about bling (I'm Black I know about bling). If your not running these parts your not cool type of ****. My hands are tired so i'm done, but I thought I'd say a few words LOL.

Darkness

P.S. I'm not calling anyone out so no body take it that way. I'm just telling it how I see it.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well im feeling you willnt ever learn anything from people just telling you what you need to do. but if you do some research into you will learn. the only reason i came on this board 2 years ago was to learn. becasue i was clueless.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bubbahatch92)

just forget what i wrote, seems like most of you dont get it anyway... dont let noobs post, tell them to search, put them in cages. this isnt going to get any better...

Modified by 93preludes at 1:52 PM 8/25/2005

Modified by 93preludes at 1:53 PM 8/25/2005
Old 08-25-2005, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i have no problem helping people out but 2 hours later i will see the same topic posted like 6 post down from the other one with the same problem
Old 08-25-2005, 10:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vaporboy12 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have no problem helping people out but 2 hours later i will see the same topic posted like 6 post down from the other one with the same problem</TD></TR></TABLE>

In that case, just reply with a link to the original thread. It takes about the same amount of time as typing telling people to search, and much more helpful.

I agree a lot with bubbahatch. I've been in the forum for 2 years, but even now sometimes I do search and I got information overload.

People ask and people share knowledge in forums, car is a great invention but as a human invention it always has problems and unpredictable situations. When I follow instructions on articles people write, 90% of the time, I find new (although small) problems not addressed in the article, or maybe a better way to do things.

Maybe it only takes 2 years for a good forum to be filled up with FAQ answers. If we keep telling people to search, why not just make the website an article database and get rid of the forum? Imagine what will happen then...

Forum is here for us helping each other. If one doesn't want to help, then don't post.

I think the moderators have been doing a good job tracking the FAQ.

Old 08-25-2005, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (elpiar)

I don't think noobs should be able to post until they have been on here for 50-100 days!

Something like that, that will force them to search and read up on topics cause they can't do anything else.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mike1114)

just limit theres posts. 2 years ago i was a newbie. i search fro everything i wanted to know i read and researched. they have no will to learn. i think we need to start a search bandwagon
Old 08-25-2005, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: f-i forums as i see it read please! (vaporboy12)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vaporboy12 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">f-i forums as i see it.

Sorry i thought i would voice my opinion to everyone this may get locked or deleted but here I go.
I been a member of Honda-tech for 2 years now. for the most part just the forced induction part. I have noticed over the past year that the threads posted suck. </TD></TR></TABLE>

This happens about 1x/yr since h-t started, unfortunately.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: f-i forums as i see it read please! (Tomakit)

If only people realized there's 400 answers to your question in the archives, rather than making a post and checking back to see if someone can hold your hand.

Imagine that, 400 answers are waiting for your next question RIGHT NOW. lol
Old 08-25-2005, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: f-i forums as i see it read please! (stealthmode62)

yeah i know that what im talking about it so easy to find the info its almost to easy
Old 08-25-2005, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I can agree with what your saying, but for some people (I've experienced this) dont know what a certain componet or part is on a turbo kit/system. Therefore when he/she gets rushed with SEARCH BLAH BLAH BLAH, they dont even know what to search for.

I think if someone wants to post there catch can setup; then do it. Not everyone is driving the same OBD motor nor are they driving it in the same chassis.

I think instead of getting on someone for being a new member, re-posting, yelling search, or this topic sucks; help them out, at least point them in a direction. Don't just look at the thread and think it sucks. At one point you lacked just as much knowledge as the orginal member posted.

We all know there is tons of information in the archives about anything and everything but not always is it going to apply to a new user. For example, a catch can setup that came out last year could be completely different then what comes out in a year.

I could go on and on about repeated topics all day because I ask stupid questions some times just for extra feed back. Were all not Honda technicians. This is Honda-Tech; not honda-weknoweverything.

Help out, teach, put up with the everyday posts, and just be happy your driving or reading about your passion.

Enough?

n!ck
Old 08-25-2005, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jDMJeRk)

i dont not agree with the past post one bit you will never learn anything from from someone giving you all the anwser. it kinda like taking a test at school. in order to find the anwser for the test you got to open the book up read learn. these day no one want to do that
Old 08-25-2005, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

personally, i think someone should lock this thread, it's noobs complaining about noobs. If there are any posts that are repetitive it's threads like these...
Old 08-25-2005, 02:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93preludes)

i don't think im a newb one bit but I've had a boosted Honda for 4years now and a great bit of knowledge but i thank you for voicing yourself