Notices

ERL block markings...

Old 01-24-2007, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ERL block markings...

i'm considering buying an already sleeved block off a local very repuatable shop.they said that it is brand new and sleeved by ERL, but they can't provide a receipt or some proof that it was ERL who did the work and not some other shop who does darton sleeves...
SO, does anyone have some insight to any special "markings" or "traits" of an ERL block that will help to reassure me??

Thanks in advance
Old 01-24-2007, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ERL block markings... (CivicVX94)

Call up Sean at ERL and ask them if they have record of sleeving this guys block Provide the sellers name and address and I am sure Sean would be more then happy to help you out.

On a side note be very careful buying a block from someone who does not have any paper work of where the work was done. I bought a sleeved block on here from username BOM and the sleeve job was junk. I spent double what I paid for the block fixing it. The block I bought from BOM was so messed up I had to get a new block and start from scratch. Sean at ERL did my new block.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ERL block markings... (underpressure02)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by underpressure02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Call up Sean at ERL and ask them if they have record of sleeving this guys block Provide the sellers name and address and I am sure Sean would be more then happy to help you out.

On a side note be very careful buying a block from someone who does not have any paper work of where the work was done. I bought a sleeved block on here from username BOM and the sleeve job was junk. I spent double what I paid for the block fixing it. The block I bought from BOM was so messed up I had to get a new block and start from scratch. Sean at ERL did my new block. </TD></TR></TABLE>

wow that's a bitch...i'm sorry to hear that man
The only reason why i'm considering buying it w/o papers is because of the shops great reputation...i don't think that they would claim it to be ERL and really it's some no name.
You don't happen to have ERL's number do you?
Old 01-24-2007, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicVX94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

wow that's a bitch...i'm sorry to hear that man
The only reason why i'm considering buying it w/o papers is because of the shops great reputation...i don't think that they would claim it to be ERL and really it's some no name.
You don't happen to have ERL's number do you?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Like I said be very careful. My block was supposed to be a darton MID sleeved block. When I sent it to ERL and they inspected the sleeves they found out they were a knock off of the darton MID sleeves. The water trough (sp) and the way the holes were drilled were not how darton does their MID sleeves. Also I was given a guys names and number in Texas that supposdly sleeved the block and of course when I called no one answered or returned my phone calls.

The number to ERL is 812-948-8484. Just call and ask for Sean. He is very busy so if you get his voice mail just leave a message with your contact info.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

THanks alot man, i'll be calling them shortly
Old 01-24-2007, 08:36 AM

Which shop? You're close to me.. the only shop that around here that deals ERL that I know of is TPR.. in which case, the block is 99.99% legit.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ERL block markings... (ccivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ccivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Which shop? You're close to me.. the only shop that around here that deals ERL that I know of is TPR.. in which case, the block is 99.99% legit.</TD></TR></TABLE>ya i know, you used to post on csr all the time.
but i'd be dealing with raceline, they have been selling a few every now and then lately.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

just get the name of the person that had the block sleeved and ask.

The blocks do get a number on them, just because I know on my blueprint sheet assembled by ERL, it lists a serial number.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by underpressure02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Call up Sean at ERL and ask them if they have record of sleeving this guys block Provide the sellers name and address and I am sure Sean would be more then happy to help you out.

On a side note be very careful buying a block from someone who does not have any paper work of where the work was done. I bought a sleeved block on here from username BOM and the sleeve job was junk. I spent double what I paid for the block fixing it. The block I bought from BOM was so messed up I had to get a new block and start from scratch. Sean at ERL did my new block. </TD></TR></TABLE>

same **** happend to me.

i bought a block off someone local who is more than repuatable but when it came around to it I lost a lot of lute cause the sleeves where junk.

i wont by a sleeved block again. i will just get it sleeved myself.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ERL block markings... (advert)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by advert &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

same **** happend to me.

i bought a block off someone local who is more than repuatable but when it came around to it I lost a lot of lute cause the sleeves where junk.

i wont by a sleeved block again. i will just get it sleeved myself.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah whoever sleeved the block cut to much of it away so when it would warm up the coolant would pour into the oil pan like a soda fountain
Old 01-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by underpressure02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yeah whoever sleeved the block cut to much of it away so when it would warm up the coolant would pour into the oil pan like a soda fountain</TD></TR></TABLE>

mine sank a sleeve so i sent it back to GE to get sleeved again. they couldent do it it just kep sinking them. they said someone did some shady machine work to make it look legit.

be aware when buying a block.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

are you talking about the engine Billy Clift is selling by chance? is AutoLab the shop youre referring to? If so then that is my personal engine for our shop car and I guarantee it to be legit, I can provide paperwork if you need it call anytime

Old 01-24-2007, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ERL block markings... (AutoLab)

Well i checked out the block tonight and it looks mint. it's still in wrapping and has some tags on it from ERL. it has the new superdeck sleeves....
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AutoLab &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are you talking about the engine Billy Clift is selling by chance? is AutoLab the shop youre referring to? If so then that is my personal engine for our shop car and I guarantee it to be legit, I can provide paperwork if you need it call anytime

502.266.6646</TD></TR></TABLE>
I'm not sure who Billy Clift is, are you talking about Zerolife Autolab? i'm getting it Raceline Tuning, they also said that they are official ERL distributors and are listed on ERL's website.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicVX94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well i checked out the block tonight and it looks mint. it's still in wrapping and has some tags on it from ERL. it has the new superdeck sleeves....

I'm not sure who Billy Clift is, are you talking about Zerolife Autolab? i'm getting it Raceline Tuning, they also said that they are official ERL distributors and are listed on ERL's website.</TD></TR></TABLE>

nah different people, Cinci has Zerolift Autolab, Louisville has Autolab.

Beware of some of the shops up there, i know some were having cash problems
Old 01-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no thats not my old engine then, sorry for the confusion
Old 01-25-2007, 04:35 AM

Default Re: ERL block markings... (AutoLab)

Anytime you guys have any questions about one of our blocks just call cause we keep detailed records on all our block and builds.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ERL block markings... (ERL Performance)

Yep... give sean the block number and he can look it up.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ERL block markings... (ccivic)

Thank You Sir.

I guarantee ANY SLEEVED Block we have is or was done by ERL.
We are ERL Dealers & do more Engine Building & ERL Sleeve work than ANYONE in Cincy.

We also Stock B/K/H Series ERL Sleeved Blocks

We to keep all documentation on ALL our Blocks.
If we do not have it on hand Sean is just a phone call away.

Any questions Please do not hesitate to call or stop in if your local

Thanks,
Rob@TPR