Notices

Engine build

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine build

names dave out of albuquerque NM
my apoligies if this is the wrong location for this thread.

getting ready to build a motor turbo is going to have to be the route but how much boost and how much engine, which parts....i need help.
ive been getting relatively one sided opionions thought a wide range forum might be better.

foremost:::budget is maxing out at 8k would like to keep it below 7 if possible.
id like to have this thing built bye the end of this month.

and im not trying to build a 10 second car..

my car is a 95 honda prelude with a current 96 model h22a1 stock trans....
just about every bolt on possible whats gona count is what else is on hand taylored towards the turbo build up
intercooler piping fuel rail a.d.j. fpr and a ready to go starter turbo garet t3 with flange READY to mount. i do need a manafold for it and a few other fuel items.
i have a spare in great shape h22a (jdm) head up on the bench in the garage ready to grind away.

im stuck on what cams where are they and what really needs to be done to the block.
this h22 aint gona agree with forged internals unles its sleeved start sleeving and you turn up the $$
beside that i think the best place for me might be to stack costs on the head build first assuming i want to daily drive at least 8lbs of boost safeley.
some are telling me to use a f22 block h22 head and turn the boost up to the sky
other say go ahead and sleeve the h22 block and go nuts

im still willing to entertain a n/a build but turbo seems entirely more efficient.

i guess last i should explane my experience with hondas alltogther is a few months old i came from years of wasting time and money on fords to this and i gotta say im hooked.

im looking for recipies blueprints with dyno slips part for part details on how to make this much power for this much money.
this motor has to be perfect and thats why im just not gona shake a catalog at it and install what ever falls out.

Modified by kronicus at 6:29 PM 10/7/2008
Old 10-07-2008, 10:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Engine build (kronicus)

cliffs?