Notices

ENGINE is ACTING SCREWEY<<<NEED SOME INTELEGENT GUESSES>?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ENGINE is ACTING SCREWEY<<<NEED SOME INTELEGENT GUESSES>?????

like it says i am having a problem with my GSR,The vacuum guage was showing O at idle so I searched and i found an undone vacuum line, I connected the line butt now its going to around 10 vac,, usually it goes to around 20, if i feather the pedal it will rev up but then come back down,when the car's idle falls it will go to about 18-20 in/hg of vacuum then right back to10 or so. seems like there is a pin whole leak somewhere, i pulled the plugs and there BLACK, guessin that’s due to it running so rich. Just to be sure it wasn’t a gasket leak i did a quick comp. check and 1=176/184: 2=176/178 : 3=185/184: 4=180/178 did each cylinder 2 times. (the engine runs 9.8:1 Pistons), i thought the ruff running may of been the uberdata, so i pluged the stock OBDII ecu in and had no cylinder misifre codes, only the O2 code 41 is present. fuel presure is good, and steady, and all injectors are firing! idling around 350-500, and yes the RMP is very unsteady...black smoke pours out the exhaust. i cleaned my plugs, burnt a new eprom eliminating the O2 sensor. i get no CEL's,it idles much smoother now. but when i hit the gas it dies...even with the stock ECU it did this. if i tap the gas rapidly i can make it build to about 5k rpms but as soon as it reaches that point it dies down and nearly cuts off. i am stumped,, i checked over 3/4 my hoses today, (pulled them off hooked them to an air pump and presurized underwater)

PLEASE HELPPPPPPPP
Old 08-18-2004, 05:35 PM

Default Re: ENGINE is ACTING SCREWEY<<<NEED SOME INTELEGENT GUESSES>????? (redrocketgsr)

in case i didnt say earlier, it is a boosted setup.
still running the stock injectors for now.....just to get it running smooth,
Old 08-18-2004, 05:46 PM

Default Re: ENGINE is ACTING SCREWEY<<<NEED SOME INTELEGENT GUESSES>????? (redrocketgsr)

bump
Old 08-18-2004, 06:17 PM

come on surely someone has t ohave some clues. or at least suggestions.
Old 08-18-2004, 06:56 PM

anyone?????/
Old 08-18-2004, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

INTELEGENT... lol.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:08 PM

Default Re: ENGINE is ACTING SCREWEY<<<NEED SOME INTELEGENT GUESSES>????? (Teg4e)

whats that suposed to mean?
Old 08-18-2004, 08:43 PM

egr still hooked up?aic valve clean?sounds like its runnin rich but with a fuel issue there will be little warning, and usually no cel light. its hard to say, usually a i/c piping has come loose when something like this happens....get a few cans of intake cleaner and go along the piping and intake area, spraying as u go ...if the idle goes up then stop and look.....maby a cuppler or gasket on the intake......

regards
james
Old 08-18-2004, 09:07 PM

Default Re: ENGINE is ACTING SCREWEY<<<NEED SOME INTELEGENT GUESSES>????? (james111)

EGR is still hooked up, aic has been cleaned., yes it is running rich as hell. IC piping is good but wouldnt cause the low vac at idle, all piping is T clamped, the hoses that have been checked(all that i can reach) are now ziptied.intake gasket is good not been removed, plus i checked it already,
Old 08-18-2004, 09:14 PM

im leaning toward a posible igniton problem right now.....but if it was a firing problem it wouldnt be diing so consistantly, if i floor it will go to about 3k and then die, if i fluff it will go to about 5k and die, EVERYTIME seems to me like it may also be a TPS , but i cant get why no CEL's i mean dam nits not like its a 60's engine...**** sets codes these days,,,..this is why i sometimes hate the complications of the OBD world.(to reliant on them)

come on guys keep the help coming.,
Old 08-18-2004, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

make sure your coolant is bleed .. i had that problem when i swapped the motor in my car cleared it up for me.. might not be the case for u.. butits a simple trial and error
Old 08-18-2004, 10:08 PM

Default Re: (bonestock92si)

well coolant was never messed with, but that wouldnt cause a rich condition, not right off the bat before its even warmed up, deffinately either fuel, vac, or ignition...nothing else is left...

still waiting on some responses,,,......
Old 08-19-2004, 12:50 PM

Default Re: (redrocketgsr)

bump for some ideas??????
Old 08-19-2004, 08:55 PM

ok additional update....
typically my fuel presure guage holds fuel presure for at least 2-3 days if i dont crank it,,... since my problems i have noticed that it seems to drop really fast...but i dont notice any fuel around the injectors....is it posible for an injector to become "stuck " open, there for running ruff and acting odd, also if it was flooding the cylinder (#3 looked more wet on the plugs then others) a flooding injector wouldnt issue the random missfire code,(hints no code),,,if anyone knows if this is posible PLEASE let me know?
Old 08-20-2004, 03:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Retighten your grounds, just in case.

Not sure if the low vacuum is the culprit, but it is my first guess. -10 in/hG places your idle at a point of higher load than it should be, which can cause a rich run problem. Unless the plugs are foulled from too much fuel + dead, car should behave normally at WOT.

On the other hand, I've seen poor vacuum readings because of too much fuel, the poorly burnt charge causes a lot of reversion. Especially happens with ITBs, your tune isn't correct and idle vac is all over the place, esp at low idle bogging situations like it sounds you're having. This is where grounds come in, can cuse you to run rich sometimes.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Teg4e &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">INTELEGENT... lol.</TD></TR></TABLE>

He means, since it takes him 5 years to get a 4 year degree, he's thinks he's smarter than you.

Old 08-20-2004, 06:20 AM

Default Re: (J. Davis)

preciate it joeseph.....yeah i figured he was just being a smartass. either that or he had nothing intelegent or worthy to say, but thanks...im checking my injectors tonight. i noticed that the fuel presure seems to drop rather quickly after the car is cut off, it usually takes about 2 days for my fuel presure to completely drop, now it seems like its less than an hour. so im thinking maybee a stuck injector, or leaking pintle seal, i am thinking this because of plug number 3 lookin aliitle weter than the others, the FP drop,. and also the fact that other than wiring in OBDI injector clips, the injectors were my only variable between running well, and running like ***,so let me know what you guys think, also if you feeel this could be a posibility.
Old 08-22-2004, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (J. Davis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J. Davis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
He means, since it takes him 5 years to get a 4 year degree, he's thinks he's smarter than you.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh, snap!!!!!! It shouldn't take ANY college to spell intelligent, though....
Old 08-22-2004, 01:36 PM

Could be you IGNITOR going out See if you can borrow someones distributor and see if the problem gets fixed. If it does then that should answer ALL of your questions and problems...