Notices

Endyn VS Stiegemeier for supercharger porting

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Endyn VS Stiegemeier for supercharger porting

Ok guys I know that both these companies’ port superchargers and both seem to have completely different ways of doing so. My question is which one would be best? Is Endyn's porting job really worth the $1400 or is the $700 for the stiegemeier port job a more realistic way to go?

Here is what I have already for my build B20 with crowler Stage 2 cams, LHT intercooler, LS JRSC with a 3.0" pulley, a stepper pulley from Jim. I looking somewhere in the 9-11psi range so there will be heat but the LHT cooler will deal with most of that.

Any help would be great I’m looking to get the most of my B20 SC and I’m thinking that a sc port and a head PnP are the next step.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Endyn appears to be the favor'd company for porting if you read through the JRSC thread
Old 05-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RedneckRicer)

I've searched through the FI forums and I have indeed seen when most people have been using Endyn but I haven’t seen anything on what kinds of improvements they have seen and I spoke with someone at endyn and they said you will see some improvement in power but more or less you will see a drop in temps and a more efficient SC.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (donaldmejr)

Isn't there a way to get the M62 on a B20? I'd work on that before porting an M45.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (rmcdaniels)

Steggy is local to me and he is been doing port work forever... anything from nascar heads to now superchargers and everything in between. I dont know his turn around time these days though, he has to be busy as he is getting alot of attention.

The 03-04 cobra guys, gt500, lightning, ford gt crowd, etc... all hold his work is VERY high regard and is the market that he does the most in. He has been mentioned in more than a few articles citing his blower work as the top notch standard to compare all other too when talking cobras, gt500's, etc. Of course that is because his blower porting work has been done on many a cars with big stock blower numbers.

For the money, he is not only reasonable but his product performs extremely well from everything I have seen or heard. I dont have experience with his charger porting directly since I dont have one but a few friends do and are VERY pleased. I have had experience with him in other areas since he does other things as well like intake manifolds, heads, etc... always been provided with good service and quality work that makes the numbers.

Modified by twkdCD595 at 9:09 AM 5/2/2008
Old 05-02-2008, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Endyn VS Stiegemeier for supercharger porting (donaldmejr)

The Endyn work also goes way beyond porting, they reclearance the rotors to each other and the case, coat the inside of the case, and add material to the outlet port area so they can properly radius it. This lets you run a lot more boost with a lot less heat. I ran one of the Endyn units at the track for a year or two and it worked really well. Others have used them and made far more power than any normal JRSC.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im working on a way to fight the m62 blower onto an ls manifild now i just need someone that has a m62 blower for sale to make it 100%
Old 05-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Endyn VS Stiegemeier for supercharger porting (rmcdaniels)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rmcdaniels &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The Endyn work also goes way beyond porting, they reclearance the rotors to each other and the case, coat the inside of the case, and add material to the outlet port area so they can properly radius it. This lets you run a lot more boost with a lot less heat. I ran one of the Endyn units at the track for a year or two and it worked really well. Others have used them and made far more power than any normal JRSC.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I must be one of the exceptions then. I spent over $1500 back in 2001 on the blower re-work with ENDYN and was VERY disappointed with the results. Incidently he built my motor at the same time. With the high boost levels (up to 16lbs) Larry wanted me to run I was seeing insanely high IAT's and severe detonation. Even at 11lbs the cars performance was less than 230whp with 200 + degree IAT's. After over 6 years of fighting with the modified JRSC I yanked it. So far (5k miles) the motor has held strong.

I would not suggest the ENDYN "mod" to anyone. I would also not suggest dealing with Larry or ENDYN in general, but that is a much longer story.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (ucc crx)

just buy a whole si or type R kit, ive got a typeR kit on my LS and its rad.
and doing it is easy as drilling a few holes, put an LS IM gasket on your vtec jrsc intake mani and make it fit
Old 05-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

not to thread jack but did you have to do anything with the coolent line to make the manifold fit
Old 08-12-2008, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JRSC01GS-R)

I have an ENDYN modded M45 blower. For that matter I have an entire built motor just sitting in my garage.

Serious buyers can call for details: (925) 997-8266
deviantmethods@gmail.com

The ENDYN mod made a huge difference. Exit temps dropped, boost went up. If the above guy was detonating that was his tuning issue, not ENDYN's issue.

Love it when people blame their poor tuning on a piece of hardware.

I never had detonation even at 300whp. At 13psi exit temps would be around 190F. 750cc injectors, hondata, well tuned by me.

-methods