Notices

emanage ultimate question

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default emanage ultimate question

i did a search and couldnt find anything about the greddy e manage ultimate .

Ive read numerous post about people not thinking to highly of emanage since ive been a member . Today i visited there site and saw a new edition is out . i was just wondering if this sounds pretty good or people know from experience that its better than the first and worth the money . Im thinking about gettin it when i finish piecing together my turbo kit for my ls crx .
Old 07-19-2005, 06:59 AM

Default Re: emanage ultimate question (elrandeeto)

bump
Old 07-19-2005, 07:37 AM

Is it a piggyback like the regular emanage? If it is then I would look into other fuel management, such as going ob1 and chipping your ECU.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:24 AM

Default Re: emanage ultimate question (beerbongskickass)

i believe it is yes , http://www.greddy.com

The GReddy e-manage Ultimate was engineered to preserve the best features of the original e-manage (an economical price, the use of existing sensors, the ability to easily alter stock settings, & the vast compatibility for most Japanese performance vehicles), while advancing new innovations in piggyback engine control management. Although the external physical dimensions are the same, the Black-Chrome Ultimate has an increased number of input and output ports along with new built-in adapters, to add a number of new options.

In addition to standard e-manage airflow-based adjustments, the Ultimate version includes new and upgraded features. Included is a PC-based Ultimate Support Tool software CD, with an easy-to-use Parameter Set-up, tab menu format and speedy USB communication. Ultimate has improved direct Map control for adding and subtracting Fuel and Ignition. The ability to switch between 2 preset tuning Maps (i.e. Street or Race program) via externally mounted toggle switches. There are Maps for Individual cylinder adjustment for both Fuel and Ignition. There are also options to convert injection and ignition systems (i.e. group or sequential injection and group or individual fire ignition.) An Airflow Output Map option even allows for airflow meter elimination. And when used with a wideband A/F Meter, the Air Fuel Target Map can self-tune an Injector base tuning Map, to speed up initial tuning. There are also built-in Boost, Rev and Speed Limiter-Cut features. To create super smooth operation, there are various fine tuning Correction Maps to adjust for Throttle Acceleration, Vehicle Speed, Water Temp, Intake Temp, Auto Trans Shift, Anti Engine Stall, and Idle. To further aid in tuning, e-manage Ultimate's improved integrated Monitoring, Map Tracing and Datalogging features far exceed any other piggyback controller on the market. Even when not connected to the software, 8 channels of datalogging (at 20msec intervals) can be recorded and stored to be reviewed later. With the Support Tool connected, over 30 channels can be covered. Other new features include: Improved RPM recognition, Warning Settings, Password Protection for individual tuning Maps, NVCS (Nissan), VTEC (Honda), O2 Feed-back, Clean Fouled Plugs, and numerous others in future updates.

Ideal for optimizing and fine-tuning for performance products like Exhaust, Air Intake, Intercoolers, Boost Controllers, and Turbochargers, the e-manage Ultimate fills the gaps between conventional piggyback and expensive stand-alone engine managements.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

IMO, for the money it's hard to beat. Seems like all the features of a standalone, but without having to start from scratch. Yes it has limitations, but would work fine for those who do not go for a full on build.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:49 PM

Default Re: emanage ultimate question (jmal1919)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jmal1919 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">IMO, for the money it's hard to beat. Seems like all the features of a standalone, but without having to start from scratch. Yes it has limitations, but would work fine for those who do not go for a full on build.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It might have features, but it's still a piggyback.

I would defintely look into chipping your ECU. This will be much safer and cheaper in the long run. Plus if you decide to upgrade you can just use the same fuel management. It wouldn't be a good idea to run a piggyback on a built motor.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:24 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beerbongskickass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It might have features, but it's still a piggyback.

I would defintely look into chipping your ECU. This will be much safer and cheaper in the long run. Plus if you decide to upgrade you can just use the same fuel management. It wouldn't be a good idea to run a piggyback on a built motor.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The Emanage with a competent tuner was a viable alternative to Hondata, Uberdata, ETC, and as far as I'm concerned the Emanage ultimate and S200 are on roughly the same level now. S200 is a piggyback too, and it seems to be doing ok on a lot of built motors. And furthermore, why wouldn't it be a good idea to run a piggyback on a built motor? You can tune this in windows, and it has all the features S200 does. TurboTypeR run the Apex'i PowerFC which everyone sees as being so inferior, but he doesn't seem to have any problems at 580 WHP, but you better let him know his piggyback won't cut it.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Re: emanage ultimate question (Napoleon Dynamite)

How is Hondata s200 a piggyback? It's just software. Yes emanage may work, but why get it when you have better/cheaper alternatives?
Old 07-19-2005, 07:09 PM

:sigh: Hondata is not a 'piggyback'.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:39 PM

Default Re: emanage ultimate question (sharkcohen)

thanks for the opinions and facts about this guys , the s200 is what i had in mind before i saw this now im not sure which is why i asked i will be using one of them on a ls turbo when im finished gettin the parts
Old 07-19-2005, 11:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds a lot better than the original, I would consider it.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: emanage ultimate question (itslogics)

Save your money & run crome or uberdata or just wait for the new Hondata s300 or neptune.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i'm waitin for the new neptune...runnin the hondata s200 right now...can't wait to be neptuned