Ebay Vitara pistons. Anyone have experience with these?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay Vitara pistons. Anyone have experience with these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...51725

I'm looking to rebuild my single cam again because the cylinders are a little oval and I need something bigger than my JE 75.2's. I'm thinking .5mm overbore should do it. Are these pistons any good though? Should I use a factory piston ring If I go with the .5mm over?
Old 09-21-2008, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ebay Vitara pistons. Anyone have experience with these? (18psi sohc)

those pistons arent going to fit they are 75mm and if ur gonna bore it out then ur gonna need at least 75.5mm pistons or bigger
Old 09-21-2008, 05:54 PM
dotmichael to you

Default Re: Ebay Vitara pistons. Anyone have experience with these? (1kleenef)

the thing of vitara pistons...are that they are suziki vitara pistsons. dont get ebay pistons
Old 10-27-2008, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ebay Vitara pistons. Anyone have experience with these? (1kleenef)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1kleenef &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">those pistons arent going to fit they are 75mm and if ur gonna bore it out then ur gonna need at least 75.5mm pistons or bigger</TD></TR></TABLE>

They sell them in a .5 overbore. They're available in those pistons. Just curious if anyone has any experience with them. Vitara pistons from suzuki cost so much that I might as well order another set of JE's.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:38 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Most people dont know if you buy something from ebay most likely you have no warrenty if they had them. I got an aem intake on ebay new from a seller that sold tons of them and when my filter fell apart aem told me to shove it because they dont approve of ebay sellers. Also I got a set of tires as well that had a tread warrenty and had a blowout several weks later and they told me if I got them from a physical store they would warrenty but NO ebay sellers
Old 11-02-2008, 04:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ebay Vitara pistons. Anyone have experience with these? (. M i c h a e l)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by . M i c h a e l &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the thing of vitara pistons...are that they are suziki vitara pistsons. dont get ebay pistons</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't listen to this guy. He is wrong. All of the people I know of that have had success w/vitara slugs(Including me) have used the ycp ones sold by fjt. I'm sure the ebay ones will be fine too, but w/fjt having such a good reputation why take a shot with someone else...
Old 11-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ebay Vitara pistons. Anyone have experience with these? (Foowee)

My friend has Vitara pistons in his ZC block/D15B head combo. Running 15psi at 252 HP and 225 FT lbs of torque. No problems so far!
Old 11-06-2008, 04:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ebay Vitara pistons. Anyone have experience with these? (Foowee)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Foowee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Don't listen to this guy. He is wrong. All of the people I know of that have had success w/vitara slugs(Including me) have used the ycp ones sold by fjt. I'm sure the ebay ones will be fine too, but w/fjt having such a good reputation why take a shot with someone else...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I didn't know about fjt.. I'll purchase my pistons from them since they're reputable on here. I was just concerned with the reliability of 129 dollar pistons. I want this to be the last time I tear down this single cam. After this motor is done it'll probably be on to the next series.. So Honda NPR rings?

Old 11-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ebay Vitara pistons. Anyone have experience with these? (18psi sohc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 18psi sohc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I didn't know about fjt.. I'll purchase my pistons from them since they're reputable on here. I was just concerned with the reliability of 129 dollar pistons. I want this to be the last time I tear down this single cam. After this motor is done it'll probably be on to the next series.. So Honda NPR rings?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, go with http://www.fjdistributors.com, he will set you up.

I'm making 325whp on mine, no problems, running them for over a year now.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Ebay Vitara pistons. Anyone have experience with these? (SovXietday)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SovXietday &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yes, go with http://www.fjdistributors.com, he will set you up.

I'm making 325whp on mine, no problems, running them for over a year now.</TD></TR></TABLE>

my motor with fjts vitaras lasted 14k, and was still going strong. its about to get put into another car in the next few months.

plus fjt has super fast shipping.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:10 PM

Default Re: Ebay Vitara pistons. Anyone have experience with these? (. M i c h a e l)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by . M i c h a e l &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the thing of vitara pistons...are that they are suziki vitara pistsons. dont get ebay pistons</TD></TR></TABLE>

Only heard of someone using suzuki vitara pistons in there SOHC once, and i dont think its been proven these will hold. DO NOT get OEM suzuki vitara pistons, they are costly and who knows if theyll work.
The ones you want are YCP, NOT Nippon racing. YCP are the ones that have been proven to hold 450+whp. If you get them from ebay, make sure you get the YCP.
FJT sells the YCP brand.
And yes theyll hold fine. YCP is ISO certified and the pistons are of VERY high quality for cast slugs. YCP quality standards are definetley second to none.
really i dont see any point using forged pistons unless youre sleeved.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ebay Vitara pistons. Anyone have experience with these? (CRXdan)

I looked them up when foowee mentioned fjt. I'll be purchasing them from their for sure. I dont know if I would only go with forged if I was sleeving, but I definately wouldn't go forged again on the single cam. The s2k would get jealous. Thanks for the info guys.