Old 07-22-2006, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ebay Catch can (Boostage)

Old 07-22-2006, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I am running one of those, but I modified mine. I tapped AN fittings on the top and side so I could run 3 -10 steal braded hoses from the Head to it and run a hose to the ground. Also mine doesn’t have the one at the bottom. I am running the Greddy though.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

A can is a can right?
Old 07-22-2006, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boostage)

thats what I say...... I am going to run another one for the block. I am not having any problems with mine. I say why pay so much money for a can when you can make pretty much anything work why not that one?
Old 07-22-2006, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

No good Speed Racer. ENDYN or Kordenbrock Motorsports kit
Old 07-22-2006, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ebay Catch can (0x64)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 0x64 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No good Speed Racer. ENDYN or Kordenbrock Motorsports kit</TD></TR></TABLE>

why? a catch can is a catch can...... So your telling me that the one Tony made isnt as good as a ENDYN or Korden? or anything that isnt brand name isnt any good?
Old 07-22-2006, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ebay Catch can (BoostedEG6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedEG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

why? a catch can is a catch can...... So your telling me that the one Tony made isnt as good as a ENDYN or Korden? or anything that isnt brand name isnt any good?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its like saying ssautochrome is as good as full race
Old 07-22-2006, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ebay Catch can (Turbocivic94)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbocivic94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Its like saying ssautochrome is as good as full race </TD></TR></TABLE>

hahaha it nothing like saying that...... A catch can doesnt do anything if you really think about it. its a can that alows the pressure vent without spilling everything out (except the ENDYN) then let it drain back into the block.... So I dont see the reason for spending money on ENDYN or a brand name kit when I can build one that works just as good and looks better, Just like Tony did
Old 07-22-2006, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedEG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

why? a catch can is a catch can...... So your telling me that the one Tony made isnt as good as a ENDYN or Korden? or anything that isnt brand name isnt any good?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Before you start making ASSumptions asked me why I said what I said. I know Boostage and we had already talked about this. Go ask Tony1 why he has filters on his catch can. The eBay catch can does not. Yes he can modify it but I am positive he doesnt want to
Old 07-22-2006, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

0x64 said they need a breather. so why are most sold without breathers?
Old 07-22-2006, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hahaha it nothing like saying that...... A catch can doesnt do anything if you really think about it. its a can that alows the pressure vent without spilling everything out (except the ENDYN) then let it drain back into the block.... So I dont see the reason for spending money on ENDYN or a brand name kit when I can build one that works just as good and looks better, Just like Tony did </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ask Tony how much time and money he has into his catch can, haha
Old 07-22-2006, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well like I said, I am running my head off one and I have a line running to the ground on mine. I am not running it on the block.

I know why there needs to be filters on it.... I'm not your average HT idiot
Old 07-22-2006, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yes I know how much goes into making a good catch can, thats why I am making my own and not buying something that I will have to modify or get rid of because it spew's everything all over the place like the ENDYN does on alot of people
Old 07-22-2006, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedEG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well like I said, I am running my head off one and I have a line running to the ground on mine. I am not running it on the block.

I know why there needs to be filters on it.... I'm not your average HT idiot </TD></TR></TABLE>

I know you're not and didnt suggest you were I'm running two off the the oil galleries on the back of the block and two on the valve cover

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedEG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes I know how much goes into making a good catch can, thats why I am making my own and not buying something that I will have to modify or get rid of because it spew's everything all over the place like the ENDYN does on alot of people</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree. If you have problems with the ENDYN. Sell it. I keep an eye on mine. Have not had it overflow ... Yet Same with cars I have tuned and/or hand a hand in building. Dont get me wrong though. I would run Tony1's catch can in a heart beat. Very nice
Old 07-22-2006, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

another problem with ebay catch cans, they dont have baffles either.

I would just spend the extra $$$ and get the right on. I'm running two catch cans on my setup, 1st one is endyne and 2nd one is just a regular can with 2 10an fitting off the valve cover.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ebay Catch can (Turbocivic94)

I found that the Greddy one that he posted and the one that I have are good for the head and the head only. I am going to get rid of mine when I get back home and build my new one.

As far as the baffles go, I used stealwool in mine only because it doesnt drain back into the block, But I wouldnt recomend that for something that drains back into the block.

All cars are differnt and I know there are people out there who dont have any problems with the ENDYN, But I guess its all in how much power your making and how much blow by you are getting
Old 07-22-2006, 11:34 AM
wrenchin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you guys are idiots, a can is a can. you can make a GREAT catch can setup out of some clear tubing, a soda bottle, some steel wool, and some duct tape if you wanted to. wouldnt be pretty, but it would work. now stop with the stupid brand name bullshit and get back on track here.

i used an ebay catch can. had one hose coming off the back of the block and one going to my pre-turbo intake pipe with a slashcut. worked frigging great, and the motor is running perfect to this day, can fills about 1/4 full every week and a half or so, motor has 210 psi across all cyls.

put that in your endyn pipe and smoke it, bitches
Old 07-22-2006, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ebay catch can here, drilled a hole on top, attached breather filter. the breather filter cost more than the can itself. works like its supposed to.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RTW DC2R)

is it just my thoughts or is it that no one uses baffled catchcans where vapor enters one side then goes thru baffles and condenses, fills the bottom of the can and the air that remains is sucked thru whatever vacuum source u have?

i seen some round ones before that worked that way but i cant remember where.
it was a way better setup than steel wool,