Notices

Earls fitting for rail to fpr (directly) do they make one?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 04:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Earls fitting for rail to fpr (directly) do they make one?

I need some assistance here. After looking around at online catalogs all day I still have not found such a fitting. I'm hoping somone here may know of this or know that it is not made at all. Worth a shot at least.

I'm moving some stuff around in the engine bay and unfortunatly my firewall mounted aeromotive fpr can not remain in its place. I am hoping to move it directly to the end of the fuel rail. What I am looking for is the fitting that will connect these two parts.

"Does Earl's make a -8AN o-ring port to -10AN o-ring port coupler?"

I'm looking for this part but instead 10AN o-ring port to 8AN o-ring port instead of 8AN o-ring port to 8AN hose end.

Any insight?

Otherwise I'm probably going with two port adapters with a hose end coupling connecting the two. I'd rather keep the fpr as close as possible to the rail to reduce moment at the fitting.

Thanks for your time.

[Modified by SLPR, 5:15 AM 3/14/2003]
Old 03-14-2003, 04:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Earls fitting for rail to fpr (directly) do they make one? (SLPR)

Im building my fuel system as well...I think I had to run the 10-an to 8-an reducer, and cut the 10-an side "pointy part of the fitting" off, so that its flat, and will go into the FPR...
Did this help any?
Old 03-14-2003, 04:19 AM

Default Re: Earls fitting for rail to fpr (Tinker219)

That is wehat I was thinking about also...but without a fitting to measure at my desk (work)....is the hose end AN threads the same size pitch as the port AN threads? I have never looked close enough at them before.
Old 03-14-2003, 04:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Earls fitting for rail to fpr (SLPR)

If I'm not mistaken...an is an port or not...
I could be mistaken though. AN stands for army/navy...Somebody told me that a couple days ago on here....
Old 03-14-2003, 05:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Earls fitting for rail to fpr (Tinker219)

I've got my SX/Aeromotive FPR mounted directly on the fuel rail. Just use an Earl's -10AN to -8AN reducer and O-rings at each connection.

You'll have to cut off the ends of the reducer right before the threads as it will block the inlets in the FPR.
Old 03-14-2003, 05:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Earls fitting for rail to fpr (boostaholic)

I mounted my Paxton next to the fuel rail, and I just use the -8AN to -10AN adapter male to male and all I did wa sput an o-ring on each end...

it doesn;t leak..

the only advantage of the o-ring bosch style is the way they channel the end as it flares for a better flow...but I look at both, and I do not think it makes that big of a difference

stan

I'll take pics later on
Old 03-14-2003, 05:57 AM

Default Re: Earls fitting for rail to fpr (Flamenco-T)

Thanks guys for the input....I'm pretty set that the 10An to 8An reducer is what I need (with the tapers cut off and o-rings installed)

I was just not sure if the port threads and hose end treads were all SAE threads of the same size. I verified later this morning that they are the same.

I'm set to go.........

**I knew I was making it more difficult than it really was **

[Modified by SLPR, 6:58 AM 3/14/2003]
Old 03-14-2003, 06:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Earls fitting for rail to fpr (SLPR)

Thanks guys for the input....I'm pretty set that the 10An to 8An reducer is what I need (with the tapers cut off and o-rings installed)

I was just not sure if the port threads and hose end treads were all SAE threads of the same size. I verified later this morning that they are the same.

I'm set to go.........

**I knew I was making it more difficult than it really was **

[Modified by SLPR, 6:58 AM 3/14/2003]
all the threads are exactly the same , so you can use either a bosch style o-ring or the AN 37 deg tapered ends

stan
Old 03-14-2003, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

When using Earls or Goodridge fittings to mount an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator directly to the rail I suggest you thread the an fitting in then weld it directly to the fuel rail. Typicaly what happens is the fitting snaps from the added weight of the fpr. Everytime the car shifts or sits at idle its stressing the fitting. The fitings werent designed to hold this type of weight.

My.02 cents
Old 03-14-2003, 09:41 AM

Default Re: Earls fitting for rail to fpr (proclassracer)

When using Earls or Goodridge fittings to mount an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator directly to the rail I suggest you thread the an fitting in then weld it directly to the fuel rail. Typicaly what happens is the fitting snaps from the added weight of the fpr. Everytime the car shifts or sits at idle its stressing the fitting. The fitings werent designed to hold this type of weight.

My.02 cents
Thanks for the suggestion, I have already thought of a way to ensure that this does not happen im my case. But still something good to note for others who may venture down the same modification.
Old 03-14-2003, 06:55 PM

I can get you a Russel brand fitting like the one that you need but instead of being AN it is in 1/8" increments. Let me know and I will give you a part #